Tylenol® Cold + Head Severe Caplets
Help clear head and chest congestion along with powerful, effective pain medicine for your tough cold symptoms.
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Acetaminophen 325 mg in each caplet
Guaifenesin 200 mg in each caplet
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg in each caplet
carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, sucralose, titanium dioxide, triacetin.
- for the temporary relief of the following cold symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- sinus congestion and pressure
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease,) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Consumer Care Center at 1-877-895-3665.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- swallow whole-do not crush, chew or dissolve
- do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
children under 12 years
ask a doctor
This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Consumer Care Center at 1-877-895-3665.see more...
Top Questions See all 1 Q&A
- How long did it take for this medicine to start r... Be the first to answer!
Tylenol® Cold + Head Severe Caplets
Made me super groggy. For some reason, cold medicine always makes me feel groggy, and this one did as well. I wasn’t super impressed with the formula just because of so, but it did take any pains away that I had.
I had a very bad cold that lasted for a bout 2 weeks but after trying this Tylenol it worked miracles everything cleared up and I was feeling a 1000 x better in about 2 days I would definitely recommend
Whenever I start to feel the stuff nose, achy body, sneezing, and cough come on, this is my go to medicine for almost immediate relief. The price is low and the quality of the product can’t be beat!
I recently purchased this for my daughter who was not feeling well. I gave her a dose and the next day she was not 100% better but felt better than what she had been feeling. I will definitely purchase again
This is my go to when i am sick with a head cold or any kind of congestion. I always buy this specifically for head colds , and even flus. I buy this at rite aid and walgreens. Affordable and works 100% for what you need it for. I definitely recommend for others to use.
I hate being sick!! Who doesnt?! That why me and my husband take [product:tylenol-cold-+-flu-severe-day-and-night-caplets] We instantly feel relief and my husband is able to go to work and not feel miserable! I love both the daytime and night time pack.
Tylenol Head Congestion Severe is my go to over the counter medicine when I have a bad cold. It unlocks my sinuses and clears my head. It also relieves the aches and pains that often go along with a cold. A must have for cold and flu season!
My favorite cold medicine when I want a pill to sort of do it all. If I’m starting to feel a little sick I take one of these and my symptoms disappear. This product compares great to the others out there with a great price tag
Love this product! Always a safe bet to go with when I get a cold. Every couple of months I use this product and it alleviates my symptoms in a couple hours. It is very affordable and I would totally recommend to others.
Best for the foggy underwater feeling from head cold and congestion. It doesn't make you feel groggy. It helps elevate your symptoms to continue on with your day.
Q & A
How long did it take for this medicine to start relieving your symptoms? I have taken 4 tablets so far (I took 2 and waited 4 hours and took 2 more) and I'm feeling no relief at all. My head still hurts, my ears and nose are still stopped up.