BY THE BODY SHOP #39 in Toners & Astringents

The Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner is an alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. It instantly refreshes the skin, removing traces of makeup and cleanser and controls excess oil. Leaves skin feeling fresh and purified with shine-free looking skin.

• Oil-controlling toner with mineral rich seaweed
  • Perfect for combination/oily skin
  • Removes traces of cleanser, makeup, and impurities
  • Purifies, refreshes & mattifies

• Does this toner dry out your skin?1 Answers
Buy on The Bod...*
Casey M.
Dundalk, ON
I bought this along with the face cream and the face wash and it is a great asset to my beauty routine. I have combination skin, mostly oily in the summer and dry in the winter, and I was worried that as this is an oil reducing one that my skin would suffer in the winter. Surprisingly the combination of the three has kept my skin hydrated and oil-free all winter. The toner really tightens up my pores and removes that last bit of gunk that sometimes is missed by the face wash. It always feels fresh and tight after I use the toner which gives me that bit of assurance that there will be less dirt able to get into my pores. The price was very reasonable for the products and the Body Shop always has sales like Buy 2 get 1 free or something so it is worth it if you are buying sets of products. A little goes a long war and I've been using this set of products for about 4 months now. This set works amazing with my sensitive skin and definitely will continue to use it once I run out.
Geneva O.
I have been using The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner for a week.  It doesn't burn when applied but it is definitely irritating my skin.  Since the ingredients are not listed on the bottle, I checked on-line.  The "cooling sensation" other reviews mention is actually the menthol.  Menthol doesn't balance oil, it is a sensitizing agent that drys/dehydrates your skin. While this toner  does have a tiny amount of helpful ingredients (cucumber,fucus vesiculous) and it does smell nice.  Overall-this is terrible.
Alex A.
Sarasota, FL
OMG guys...if you’re in the market for a great oil balancing, refreshing, affordable and AMAZING toner- this is IT. After working for the body shop as a skincare consultant, I quickly fell in love with their products- but most definitely the seaweed skincare line. The toner in this line works wonders for those with combination skin. Simply apply with a cotton pad in the T-zone for a more balanced complexion.
Seirria M.
Gastonia, NC
I ended up sending this back. I had a horrible allergic reaction to this!! I put it on and it started to really burn my skin. 5 seconds later my eyes were burning and skin was peeling. I washed it off but it was too late. 5 minutes go by and my face was red and swollen!! My skin was still peeling and bleeding. I don't know what is in it but I'm scared to use anything else body shop
Andrea D.
I’ve been using this for about 6 months now and I love it! I’m usually oily but in the winter I’m more combo. This helps noticeably with oil control but has never been overdrying. I really like it and it’s pretty affordable when you wait for the 40% off sales (they happen often on thebodyshop.com) plus if you have an account you can earn rewards.
Ev P.
Hudson, MA
This is a lovely toner for combination skin. It is very gentle and really helps even out your skin. Even after using it a single time I could see it reducing my redness. I'd definitely recommend this to other people with combination skin, or even to people who are unsure of their skin type and are looking for where to start.
Anmol A.
Sugar Land
I use this before applying makeup and after I have removed my makeup. This helps me get rid of any excess makeup or oiliness that was left behind. It is a bit pricey but it is a good product so it is worth it!
Lauryn C.
I like this toner. It keeps my skin in check. I use it for everyday use and I feel like it keeps my acne at bay. It’s not great for flare ups. I suggest the tea tree toner for that. But it’s refreshing and keeps the skin balanced. A little goes a long way so it lasts!
Amanda R.
Lenexa, KS
The feel of this toner is super cooling so I only use it in the summer. I like that it's alcohol free and not drying like most toners. I bought it from the Body Shop during a promotion, butI think their prices are fair and I would purchase this product again.
Angie A.
This toner definitely made my face more clear it got rid of my dark visible acne scars and it also make my face dry because I used to struggle with oily face too. I recommend this product for someone who has acne and acne scars it really makes your face look bright.
Sophie D.
Hobart
Is this too harsh to use on skin every day? I would love to try this!!
Hey, I just started using the toner to reduce pores on my cheeks near nose area. However, it stings a little. Is that normal for a toner?
Amanda W.
Sudbury , ON
What does this smell like?
Amanda L.
How does this compare to the tea tree toner in terms of mattifying and controlling oily skin?
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
I have combo but sensitive skin? Is this overly drying? What is the biggest change you noticed in your skin?