BY THE BODY SHOP #49 in Toners & Astringents

The Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner is an alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. It instantly refreshes the skin, removing traces of makeup and cleanser and controls excess oil. Leaves skin feeling fresh and purified with shine-free looking skin.

• Oil-controlling toner with mineral rich seaweed
  • Perfect for combination/oily skin
  • Removes traces of cleanser, makeup, and impurities
  • Purifies, refreshes & mattifies
  • Prepares skin for moisturizer
  • Pairs perfectly with our Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator
  • Enriched with bladderwack seaweed from Ireland

• I have combo but sensitive skin? Is this overly drying? What is the...2 Answers
  • What does this smell like? 3 Answers
  • Does this toner dry out your skin?1 Answers
Buy on The Bod...*
Paige S.
Paige S.
Rossford, OH
I Love The Body Shop as a whole and have never used a product that I didn't like. I first found their products in T. J. Maxx and this is how I got hooked. Like anything else you find at T. J. Maxx though in their beauty section it is past the date where stores cans ell this item and therefore it gets sent here. Despite this I still purchase their products from their but when I started purchasing from their online store and shopping in store I have had much better results with their products! The Smells are incredible and I am always finding something I haven't tried yet that I can incorporate into my daily AM or PM routine. This is an incredible facial product! It never leaves any type of residue on my skin and my face always feels so clean afterwards! I do not like the smell though or the price for how little I get.
Anna N.
Anna N.
Seattle, WA
This is one of my HG toners. I do have to admit that I don't always have it on stock because of the price, but I do purchase multiple bottles of this when Body Shop has their Buy 3, Get 3 Free sale. This is not something that I would recommend for someone with dry skin. This formula is specially made to combat oily skin. I have combination skin, and find this to be clarifying and effective in helping my t-zone. It really picks up the leftover grime that my face wash can't get to. I would have to say that it is extremely important to moisturize quickly and very well after using this.
Amy Y.
Amy Y.
I love that this toner does not contain alcohol, but still gives my skin the same refreshed feeling when I apply it! The value is great, and I enjoy using it in the summer when I tend to be more greasy. It does a good job of cleaning off the last of my cleanser, and hydrating/opening my skin! It's a staple in my beauty routine. However, I'm not sure how effective it is at oil control. I use it right before moisturizer so it is hard for me to guage the effect it would have on my normal oily skin. I just enjoy the refreshing effect it has.
Sangeeta G.
Sangeeta G.
Canton, MI
My skin has a mind of its own. It can't decide if it wants to be oily, combination of normal, and to top it all it is sensitive. Finding a toner that works and isn't harsh was really hard for me till I found The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying toner.

The toner is gentle but still manages to remove dirt without over-drying skin and preventing breakouts. The smell though a little weird is mild and not over powering. Combine it with the face wash from this range and your skin will love you.
Chloe C.
Chloe C.
Piscataway, NJ
I had higher expectations of the product to be honest. The first time i used it i flt like it kind of dried my skin but i guess it was just my skin getting used to cause now its fine. It leaves the skin feeling fresh which is nice and has no particular scent to it, which is also nice for facial products! Does its job i guess but could be better for the price you pay. I bought it when they had their buy 3 get 3 free sail, i would probably not buy it again at its regular price.
Alana H.
Alana H.
The Body Shop seaweed range has become part of my everyday skin care routine. I first discovered the seaweed range last spring and have used it regularly this past year since. After just one use of the Seaweed Cleanser and Seaweed Clarifying Toner my pores were visibly smaller. I make sure to have another bottle of the Clarifying Toner whenever mine starts running low to make sure I don't have to go a day without it!
Chace J.
Chace J.
I didn't feel as though this toner did anything for my skin. I was recommended it to try for my oily, acne prone skin. I previously used the Tea Tree Toner, and I wanted to try something new. With that toner, I was able to see all of the excess dirty be removed. The Seaweed Toner did not do that. The smell wasn't that great, but I could tolerate it. I found myself dumping this after a couple uses.
Perry W.
Perry W.
Eugene, OR
Smelled fresh and clean, and felt good on the skin. It was a great value for the amount of product you get. The packaging is nice! Looks great next to the other products in the line. Its great for sensitive skin. I just wish I felt like it was getting more dirty of my skin. With other toners I've been able to see what comes off my skin, and with this it just feels like I rinsed it with some water.
Jess M.
Jess M.
I've been using this toner almost (oops) daily for a couple of months now. It's the first toner I've used, so I was skeptical about what it would/could do at first. However, I've been pleasantly surprised with results. I can tell that my skin tone has become more even and smoothr. I can definitely chock it up to this because I haven't changed much else in my routine.
Chrissy T.
Chrissy T.
Bronx, NY
Never used a toner before. This stuff is amazing. It's gentle for those who don't like using harsh products on their face. It's very effective, I've seen a major change in my pH, doesn't dry out the skin at all! I would definitely buy this again. It's a little tingly when I put it on, not the hurt tingly, but the fresh sort of tingly. And the smell is just amazing!
Hey, I just started using the toner to reduce pores on my cheeks near nose area. However, it stings a little. Is that normal for a toner?
Sophie D.
Sophie D.
Hobart
Is this too harsh to use on skin every day? I would love to try this!!
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Toronto , ON
What does this smell like?
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
How does this compare to the tea tree toner in terms of mattifying and controlling oily skin?
Trish H.
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
I have combo but sensitive skin? Is this overly drying? What is the biggest change you noticed in your skin?