BY THE BODY SHOP

Our gel cream is ideal for combination skin. Hydrating yet lightweight, this cream helps to balance oil and excess sebum, leaving a matte, shine-free complexion.

• Suitable for combination/ oily skin
  • Mineral rich seaweed from Roaring Water Bay, Ireland
  • Lightweight texture
  • Oil-balancing & mattifying

• How good is this with combination skin?! I really want to...1 Answers
  • I have a problem with combination skin. I am trying to fi...2 Answers
  • Does this product have a pleasant smell or is it just a "...2 Answers
THE BODY SHOP® Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
  • "I live for this face lotion... it's the only thing I ever use on my face. It's sooo light, but still sooo moisturizing. I'm obsessed. I will never use anything else." in 15 reviews
  • "I absolutely LOVE this product! My current life saver. 😙Snagged this at Ulta online during their Cyber Monday sale! 3 for $33! My skin is super sensitive and I couldn't pass this deal up. I have combination skin, my nose and cheeks are so oily and gross but my forehead and skin are dry like a desert. But this is working so great! #makeup #beautyblogger #makeupjunkie #makeupaddict #swatches #skincare #sensitiveskin #latinablogger #bblogger #thebodyshop #seaweed #mattifying" in 7 reviews
  • "I have combination skin (oily on my T zone and some dry patches around my mouth) and this product helps me a lot by mattifying but at the same time hydrating my skin." in 5 reviews
  • "This product is my MVP! I use it everyday. I have fairly normal to dry skin and it is perfect. It really moisturizes and mattifies. I often don't wear make up after using it because it leaves my skin looking that perfect. Definitely hit up a Body Shop sale and grab this ASAP you will not regret it!" in 5 reviews
Siv B.
I absolutely love this product its a total lifesaver. I have very oily skin so before I bought this I was blotting my face every hour when in public. Now I don’t have to! The only problem is that this product has a faint smell of seaweed which is natural but I don’t love it. Other than that I can’t imagine not having this product.
Nidhi R.
Greenwood Vlg, CO
This gel-based cream is extremely light on my face, which helps my oily skin, just what I need. It is fairly priced, I use it regularly after a bath and it smells great too. Perfect for oily skin. It's a part of my daily skincare routine. I will certainly recommend this to anyone with oily skin
Caitlin D.
Mishawaka, IN
I have repurchased this moisturizer numerous times. I absolutely love this product. Good packaging, I feel I can get every last drop from it. Repeat user here. I would repurchase and recommend to a friend.
Gini R.
Louisville, KY
I really like this! It pairs well under makeup and I do notice that it keeps my skin matte. It is a fair price for how much product you are getting. I don't recommend this for night time use ( I need more moisture ) I don't like the pot packaging but what's inside is delightful.
jessica s.
leweston
Purchased at: The Body Shop
I love this lotion because it’s moisturizing without the heavy texture. I could only describe it as a water-like texture and works all day. I will say that the smell isn’t amazing, but it is a seaweed based cream. I have really oily skin so using this in the morning is a life saver!
Amanda S.
Cape Coral , FL
I really wasn’t sure that I would like this but I have grown to love it. I believe this has taken away my acne due to the seaweed properties. It doesn’t smell the best but it goes on smooth and silky and doesn’t clog or make the skin oily. Highly recommend.
Jade R.
Rochester, NY
Love this, I just use a bit on my oily spots and then use my aloe soothing day cream from body shop on my dry patches and it is perfect. I have combo skin, and this will usually keep me matte for at least 8-10 hours under my makeup.
Meg🐘 M.
Manchester
My favorite and only day cream. Keeps my skin moisturized without over drying or being right feeling from being a matte cream. Recommend to anyone with combination skin
Catherine X.
Austin, TX
I was really excited to try this product because of all the positive reviews, but unfortunately, it proved nothing spectacular :( I have extremely oily prone skin- with any oil free gel or moisturizer, I'll have a shiny face in 2 hours. This Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream fell into the 2ish hour mark so though it wasn't terrible, it definitely is a pricey alternative to Garnier's $4/5 moisturizing gel off Amazon. Both worked to the same results so I probably will not be purchasing this again.I will say that it does sit lightly and softly on the skin and is easy to spread across the face. I did feel like I had a matte face for an hour or so. This might be a great product for someone with less oily skin than me, but if you suffer from extremely oily prone skin, don't expect too much :(
Adriannea S.
Fayetteville, GA
I bought this on sale so I’m not upset that I wasted money on this. I have super oily skin and this did nothing for me. I’m still oily. It might have worked a little bit but it still is very oily. The smell is interesting but not strong I’m not really a fan of it. It does feel light when putting it on and not greasy. The tub is so small not worth the price at all. I would say this is an average moisturizer nothing special.
Leanne L.
Does anyone else notice a fishy smell when apply this to their face? is it supposed to smell this way?
Chloe M.
Brandon , Fl
How does this product work under a primer ?
Ylan T.
Stafford, TX
Does this product have a pleasant smell or is it just a "nothing really" kind of smell?
Ericka R.
I have a problem with combination skin. I am trying to find a product that will hydrate and keep my skin from drying up and peeling, but at the same time prevent my skin from becoming super oily like most moisturizers do. Does this product really mattify? Also, for those of us with oily skin, does it still hydrate without leaving your face feeling greasy?
Karen L.
Orlando, FL
How good is this with combination skin?! I really want to try it but couldn't find many reviews.