BY THE BODY SHOP

Cleanse and nourish your skin with our rich Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. A luxurious way to remove every last trace of makeup, while purifying, cleansing and refreshing your skin, leaving it soft to the touch.

• Cleansing Butter
  • Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers
  • Clean and silky-soft feel
  • Removes all types of makeup
  • Enriched with community trade Camomile from England

All Ingredients

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

• Is this product not available in Canada? I can't find it...3 Answers
  • Is this good as a makeup remover?2 Answers
THE BODY SHOP® Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
  • "Love this cleansing butter. I very unique facial/makeup cleanser that works for everything, even for the Hardee's waterproof mascara, and very gentle to skin. I find it very good for sensitive skin as well. " in 18 reviews
  • "This smells great and takes make up right off your face. it leaves my skin feeling fresh and when I wake up in the morning there is no dryness on my face! great product!" in 8 reviews
  • "My skin is super sensitive & acne prone & this has worked wonders for my skin. It comes in a great travel friendly tin and is a solid until you scoop a little up, it turns into a smooth silky oil. It's not greasy or heavy at all, it simply whips away your make up including water proof mascara! I recommend taking it off with a damp warm muslin cloth.  Your skin is left soft, smooth and beautifully cleansed. It hasn't made me break out or caused my sensitive skin any irritation. I can see this lasting a while as I've only been using a pea sized amount for my entire face & neck, great value for money! " in 6 reviews
Zulaiha L.
United States
First oil cleanser I ever bought and I already have gone through 3 of these things. This is absolutely a fave of mine. I used to use this just to take my makeup off but now I use it for double cleansing, both, night and day.

The texture is almost like coconut oil once it has been heated to soften. Once it applies on your face, it turns oily. I always use about 5 pea size amounts on my face and neck. It has a good performance on removing makeup though I do find using abit more than usual to remove water proof mascara or if I used heavier makeup for the day.

This does a good job in moisturizing. It does NOT make your face feel oily after use, but hydrated and soft. Such a spectacular product! I always stock up on these when Body Shop has one of their big sales.
Jenna S.
Ithaca, NY
This is a MUST HAVE. I literally buy this product in bulk, three at a time, when they have promotions! This is probably the most underrated product ever. It is so cheap for how great it is and how long it lasts. It essentially “melts” off makeup. You put some on your face and eyes, my eyes usually have a ton of mascara and makeup on them, rub a bit, and it ALL comes off effortlessly! I end up looking like a raccoon in seconds from the mascara, but it comes off so easily and feels like butter. Also, a sales associate told me it’s great for cleaning makeup brushes too! I tried and it works so well. I swear, I found this product 3 years ago and keep a tin everywhere I go. One in my gym bag, one at my parents place, and one at my place. I’d be lost with out it! So under rated. So amazing. I haven’t needed or used makeup remover since I found this. No need! Even the hardest eye makeup literally MELTS OFF!! highly recommend. Biggest criticism is the packaging. Sometimes it gets messy and is hard to open. I dented a tin once and could never get it Open again, I even tried a knife and cut myself a bit on accident. So don’t drop or dent it... because you may lose the rest of your product. Thankfully I had more to choose from
Lois L.
Jacksonville , FL
To dry skin, I massaged the balm on to my face including the eye area. Once melted by my own body heat, the balm becomes more of an oil, but not overly greasy. I took a warm washcloth to remove the product. This balm leaves my skin cleansed, soft, but not greasy. This cleansing balm is great as step 1 of my dual cleansing process.  Although I do a dual cleanse, this product would be sufficient to cleanse alone. It removes all my surface makeup, including my eye makeup, without leaving any residue. It has a light clean scent that does not linger or irritate. Once I work through my cleansing oil stash, this product will definitely be repurchased.
Grace C.
Orlando, FL
this is absolutely amazing i saw it and watched videos on youtube to see what people thought of it and it looked great so i tried it and wow!!!! 100% recommend. it melts all makeup off your face and it smells nice and feels nice. it leaves your face smooth and hydrated. it doesn’t make my face break out or burn my eyes
Katrina A.
Lindenhurst, NY
I love this stuff!! I use it to take off all my makeup (foundation concealer powder eyeshadow bronzer mascara eyeliner brow pomade) and this stuff takes off ALL of it! It smells amazing and isn’t harsh on my skin. It’s better than clinique’s ‘take the day off’
Charlene E.
Richmond, VA
Love this as part of my skin care routine! I wear makeup daily and this Cleansing product is super gentle, has a slight fragrance and a little goes a long way to dissolve and remove my makeup before I cleanse my face. It is a solid but it’s oil so it melts as you use your fingers to Massage it onto your skin. This is important to me because I’ve had Skin issues and I realize the important of using a makeup remover first and then cleansing my skin with my LimeLight Cleansers to help combat Skin irritation and breakouts. 👌🏽
April G.
Topsham, ME
I really wanted to like this, because I love cleansing balms and they tend to be pricey, but it has shea butter which doesn't agree with my skin. It's fine for some people, but it clogs my pores and leaves tiny bumps all over my face! It also smells kind of cheap. I recommend cleansing balms for everyone, because I think they are the best for removing makeup and SPF! If this doesn't agree with your skin try another one!
Carol B.
hillsdale
I have to say that this is one of the best makeup removers that I've ever used. It removes all kinds of makeup, it leaves my skin so soft and smooth, and it doesn't make my skin dry because of the buttery texture. I absolutely love it
Kristina R.
This is my go-to balm cleanser as a cheaper alternative to Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm (and a more animal-friendly alternative).
I use this as the first cleanse to remove makeup and SPF. It's really good at that taking off the most stubborn mascara, gel eyeliner and long-wearing waterproof foundation. I don't think this is meant to be more that a make-up and SPF remover and a real SKIN cleanser as it is really rich and balmy for that. Does not contain much beneficial ingredients for the skin to be that either. Take it off with a warm water soaked washcloth (because I am not human able to remove this with just running water, if you can - you are a better human than me!)
I follow up with a cream non-foamy cleanser and my skincare routine and it's just beautiful and lovely.
This is my second jar. One lasts you pretty long since you don't need much - just a fingernail full. And I have two stashed as a backup because I refuse to be left without this in the near foreseeable future.
Suzanne M.
Renton , WA
The balm feels a little more oily when first applied to the skin than Clinique. It easily glides across the skin, removing eye makeup with no discomfort to the eyes as long as you keep eyes closed. The fragrance can be an irritant. I only rubbed the balm on for a minute. I still had some residue post cleansing but I think slightly less residue than Clinique. However, I think that if I applied more time rubbing the product around I could have had even better results. Once water was applied it was more challenging to get that waterproof eye makeup off! I used my most persistent makeup so with everyday less waterproof lip products I would expect you to have fantastic clean results from this product. I only used one cotton pad to remove the remaining makeup residue.

The price is a little less expensive than Clinique a little under $2/oz cheaper. The only draw back I can find is that it has fragrance. I am sensitive to fragrance. This one clings to the back of my throat. however, I don't mind this one as it fades as soon as you cleanse your face afterwards. I had no breakouts with this product. All in all I say they are equivalent. If you are looking to save money and are not sensitive to fragrance. Then this one could be a good alternative/dupe for you.
Cat Z.
Is this product not available in Canada? I can't find it at any of our stores. 😥
Alina R.
Is this good as a makeup remover?