BY HILL'S PET NUTRITION #82 in Dog Food

Science Diet Dog Food
  • "my vet recommended this brand for my dog because she had really bad allergies so i bought her a bag but my dog did not get any better nor did she like it..her skin was still dry and itchy after 4 months of eating this brand..finally my groomer told me to give her blue buffalo brand and after 2 months or less her skin was awhole lot better..she had no itchyness anymore also..so i ended up going to another vet that i can truly trust!" in 28 reviews
  • "Switched to the sensitive stomach and hair variety after years of giving my dogs a brand that is considered "elite" and they were always sick." in 20 reviews
  • "This is currently the food I give my dog (the small bites), though I am not sure it is the best for him ingredient wise." in 14 reviews
  • "I immediatly took him off of this food within a couple of weeks and put him on Wellness Core which he has done much better on." in 14 reviews
  • "I perfer to feed my dog foods with a much higher natural or higher animal protein content (Blue Buffalo, Natural Balance etc), but when my vet recommended Sciene Diet R/D to help my dog lose a few lbs and aid his digestion I was willing to try it." in 12 reviews
Anamaria V.
Dayville, CT
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is the best dog food out there. I have a bulldog who suffers from all types of food allergies. I notice once we changed her diet her fur is shinny and her skin looks amazing. I also notice she has lost weight on the food. She would suffer digesting food and now she has a normal bowel. Also I no longer have to mix wet food  in with the dry food she seems to enjoy the taste with just the dry food. I’d recommend this food to anyone who has a picky eater and suffers from skin allergies.
Makenzee R.
Mesa, AZ
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Science diet is the best food you could feed your pet! I work in a vet hospital and so many times clients bring us animals that are sick or having allergies and it’s because they are feeding their dogs “holistic” “healthy” “organic” dog foods. They are actually causing more harm than good to your pet! Science diet is just that it’s science! If your dog needs a prescription diet they sell it, if you want them to eat the best food they can, they sell it and they always have coupons and specials going on! While it may be on the pricey side it’s worth it to keep your fur babies healthy!
Mary Kathryn M.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I'm a certified veterinary technician and have worked for a veterinarian in an AAHA accredited hospital for years, and this is what all of the employees and staff all feed their pets. And no, we don't get it for free or make huge profits off of recommending it to clients. Hill's has research facilities where they spend millions of dollars and years formulating what they put on the shelves. My dogs are an ideal weight, never have problems with their bowels, their skin is never dry or itchy, and their coat is soft. If you are worried that this food has grain in it, you are only buying into the huge marketing scheme that brands like Blue Buffalo and Taste of the Wild (which are much more expensive) have started. Oh, and my dogs love it too!
Kellie C.
My dog, Harley loves his dog food! We always order it from Amazon because it takes the quickest to get here and we find that it’s the most cheapest too it’s great to know that ordering it from Amazon and it’ll get here in two days is nice rather than having me go to Petsmart and lug it from the store to my car and back into my house again
Jenn M.
Miami
My sister is a vet so of course I have to buy the best food for my pup. He has skin allergies and this food is great for him. I used to buy some fancy organic food that I could never find in the store. Science diet is a little pricey but it’s nice to be able to find it wherever you shop.
Kara L.
Medford
When I first adopted my allergic dog, the vet put her on a 6 week hypoallergenic food trial. Since my dog is 80 pounds, the largest bag of food and 3 cases of cans cost about $400, which is not reasonable for anyone, let alone a college student. My dog didn't get better or worse on the food trial, so the vet ruled out food allergies. Fortunately, because I could not have afforded to keep my dog on this food.
Rachel C.
Tupelo
I recently switched both of my animals (cat & dog) to Science Diet! My dog was beginning to gain weight and my vet suggested I give SD a try. His weight has since been maintained and for that alone I am greatful. My dog is extremely picky and he didn't bat an eye when I switched him from the previous brand we were using. I would definitely recommend this to others! My cat is a full grown cat now but she still will ONLY eat science diet! I've tried graduating her to other foods and this is the only brand she will even consider! lol!
Michaela B.
Winter Haven , FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This was recommended to us when our lab was little to make sure her bones and ligament grew at the same rate. Now that she is older we have stopped feeding her it because it is so expensive. However I believe that it is the reason she is as big and healthy as she is.
Brittney K.
Renovo, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have used this brand from pupper to doggo! The ingredients are wonderful! And they very from toy breed to large breed puppy. They make it with everything your dog needs. My dog loves feeding time and so do I. I wouldn’t use any other brand!
Madeline J.
Mapleton, UT
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is the dog food my parents get recommended when I was a kid, and this is the pet food my vet recommended too. I love knowing my dogs are getting the best food with quality ingredients. It is a little pricey but it’s worth it.
Samantha R.
Cincinnati, OH
Question has been deleted
Megan M.
newton , KS
What makes Science Diet stand apart from other dog foods?
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA
Does anyone know why they changed the formula?
Saprina J.
Abilene, TX
Did this dog food give anyone else's dog diarrhea?
Arielle G.
Why do you give your pet science diet