Hill's® Prescription Diet® z/d® Canine

by Hill's Pet Nutrition

Skin/Food Sensitivities

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Hill's® Prescription Diet® z/d® Canine!
Whitney W.
Greenwood, IN
My poor dog was put on Hill’s Z/D food several months ago for her allergies. This food breaks down proteins so that they’re so small, their bodies don’t recognize them as proteins, making them safe to eat. My dog’s coat became thicker and filled in where she chewed herself to pieces from itching after starting Hill’s Z/D. If your dog suffers from food or skin related allergies, ask about this food.
Emiko F.
This dog food totally cured our dogs skin allergy. we ended up using it while slowly bringing new food into her diet and finding her food allergy. Recently she got pancreatitis and the vet suggested we go back to z/d. We are happy with it. I'm also happy the individual kibbles seem to be smaller now which is better for our dog
Kaylee B.
Greenwood, IN
The only problem is you have to have a prescription to get this food. It makes it so much harder to try and get it. It works amazingly for my dogs food allergies. The molecules of the ingredients have been broken down so small the body cannot detect the allergy is there. Great for when doing a food trial.
Jasmine M.
Pflugerville, TX
So far, so good. She's still itchy, but not as much. I would recommend it. We aren't sure of her allergy, but the vet suspects it is the protein source in regular dog foods.
Kristyn J.
Louisville, KY
It took us months to find a dry food for my golden retriever she had diarrhea for months and this food fixed that! I can’t say anything bad about this food it worked for us with her GI issues.
Michelle S.
Baltimore
Love this for my dog! He has a chicken allergy and this stopped his stomach pains and diarrhea
Emily R.
Whiteman AFB, MO
Hill's® Prescription Diet® z/d® Canine uploaded by Emily R.
My sweet girl has severe IBD and this is the only food she can eat. Her vet and I went through many trials and errors before we found out she could tolerate this food and stabilize again. So glad we found this! You can sign up to receive coupons from Hills since it is an expensive food but if your has a chronic illness and your vet recommends Hills prescription diet, you’re in good hands!
Abbie W.
My dog was put on a strict diet, as we were/are trying to figure out an allergy he may have. He was put on this food by the vets. He loves it ha. His skin has got better. (But still in process off finding out what he’s allergic too)

Looking for your answer?