Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Canine Urinary Tract Health uploaded by Clare T.

BY HILL'S PET NUTRITION

Bladder HealthBladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian. Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health. Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones. see more...

Hunter M.
Hunter M.
My dog liked this food but he always acted hungry while he was on it. it never filled him up. and it also didn't help with his bladder condition at all unfortunately so overall this food was just a big miss for us. I would recommend other items for controlling bladder issues, maybe this helps with crystals that wasn't my dogs issue but I'm not sure about that. too expensive for a small bag of food that did nothing.
Emilly A.
Emilly A.
Mobile, AL
My mother in laws dog developed a bladder stone. Vet recommended C/D to try and dissolve the stone first, then move along to expensive surgery if not any better. Fidos bladder stone was much better after on this food for a week! He will unfortunately have to be on C/D forever to keep the stones under control. He has no problems eating it though!
Ellie W.
Ellie W.
Ronceverte, WV
This in an expensive food for the amoung that you get. In the long run though, it will be cheaper than surgery on my shih tzu to remove bladder stones. Contact Hill's and they will send you a coupon to help with the price. My picky dog likes it and it helps disolve the crystals, so all in all, a good product.
Sheri K.
Sheri K.
Statesville, NC
Pet Lover Expert
My dog has a tendency to get kidney crystals and this food keeps them from becoming a problem. She loves the taste and has fewer UTIs as well.
Maria B.
Maria B.
Palmdale, CA
my dog absolutely hates this food I don't know what it is but he will just starve himself
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Clearfield, UT
My vet only made one claim when he prescribed this food - he won't have bladder crystals. For that, this food can have 1000 stars because it saves our pup from the discomfort or pain of surgery, and it saves us $$$ since we don't have to have bladder crystals surgically removed. I can't comment on the flavor because my dog is a pug and would eat anything offered to him. It looks greasy compared to the food I feed my other pug, but it doesn't seem to have affected his coat.