Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel

by Clairol

First ever no mix root color that brushes on and lasts 10+ washes.

Damage free formula with no ammonia or peroxide that leaves hair soft & shiny.

Precision spot treatment for gray that lasts for multiple uses.

Is this touch up reusable?
Is this safe for pregnant women?
How well does this work? Does it last after washing? Does it get clumpy or sticky?
Start your review of Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel!
Jerome, ID
Review for: Light Brown
I received the Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel in a voxbox to test out.  I was excited to try it seeing as premature gray hairs run in my family.  I’m  27 and have  a few gray hairs.  The application was easy. The brush made the product super easy to apply. I did not like the tube for dispensing the product. It was way to sensitive. A light squeeze and a ton of product came out of the tube.

I do not recommend this product! It didn't cover my greys or even blend the dye. It seemed to make my roots even lighter...which is not a flattering look! 1/10 stars.

Review for: Dark Brown
I really love the concept of this product. I have a few grey hairs that I get a little self conscious about, but don’t necessarily need to dye my entire head because of it.. This is a nice alternative to me dying my entire head less frequently. When I used it, it was very easy and I didn’t make a mess at all. I think next time, I need to keep it in my hair longer because I when I washed it out, it didn’t really make a difference. I was a little shocked because I thought I had painted the perfect spots for it to do its thing, but unfortunately it didn’t work. I’ll try again to see if I was the one doing something wrong and I’ll keep it on longer. Overall, it was really easy to use and hopefully I can get it to work next time. I love that it’s reusable!
Barbourville, KY
Review for: Black
I was very excited to get this product in my VoxBox! I’m have gray hair in the worst way, and in the most obvious places. Which is terrible for a girl with black hair. I don’t always have time to color my hair so I’m always stuck applying a gray cover up. I haven’t ever purchased this product before, I’ve always just bought the spray for my cover up needs. Well after trying this gel, I have to say it will be my go to. It’s so easy to apply and it doesn’t get all over my face and hands like the spray. And I can apply it before my makeup and if I apply it after my makeup I don’t have to worry about it ruining it. And it lasts a lot longer than a spray. It don’t wash out for days and when I wake up in the mornings it isn’t all over my face. I love it!
Orlando , FL
Review for: Blonde
So I have to admit that I was a little nervous to try this product as I’ve never colored my hair at home and my hair stylist said at-home coloring kits are basically the devil- LOL. I approached this product with caution and read all the instructions and reviews carefully. It was super easy to apply, not messy at all and didn’t have a harsh scent (I have a sensitive smeller so that says a lot!). Not to mention, I’m about 2 months late on my blonde highlights so this came in handy and looked great. Saves money on my salon dye jobs! I’m 3 shampoos in and it hasn’t faded at all!! It did make my roots a little dry but that works for me because my hair tends to be on the oily side. This is a cool little product that I normally wouldn’t buy so thanks Influenster!
Lawrenceville , GA
Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel uploaded by Jessica S.
Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel uploaded by Jessica S.
Review for: Black
This product unfortunately was a fail for me. I believe the concept is pretty cool but application was a little difficult because you aren’t sure how much product you are actually squeezing out. I used the product as directed and left the dye on for a good 20 mins instead of 10min bc I started cleaning. While the color does “blend a bit” my roots were still a more of my natural shade then the black it should have been. Thank you to clairol and Influenster for allowing me to try this product!
Chattanooga , TN
So disappointed 😭 I had high hopes for this! I followed the instructions exactly as stated... and even left it on for 2-3 minutes longer than suggested.. after I rinsed it out, it didn’t cover up my grays at all.... maybe one or two but honestly couldn’t tell a difference 😞 UPDATE: tried it again, left it on even longer than it said to, and it still did absolutely nothing. If this actually did work, I would definitely be a reoccurring customer... but it truly doesn’t work at all. Like... NONE WHATSOEVER
Worcester, MA
Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel uploaded by Anna E.
Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel uploaded by Anna E.
Review for: Light Brown
All in all this product did exactly what it was supposed to! I had considerable grays on the side of my head, and used the medium brown touch up gel to cover them. The product was easy to apply. And- bonus; It didn’t have that awful smell most home color solutions do! I let it sit for the 10 minutes and washed it out in the shower. After air drying I found my greys were covered and no longer visible! I’ve since washed my hair a bunch of times and still no grays in sight! :)
Irving , TX
Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel uploaded by sanna K.
Review for: Dark Brown
Influenster sent me this color blending gel to review and I was super excited about it. I will tell you the pros - it’s super easy to use with no mess which I love! It’s a good amount in the tube as well if you have a few greys here and there like me! It worked on some areas and didn’t in others. Comes off within a few washes so I guess it may just depend on your hair and if you shampoo it. It did say on the instructions not to shampoo for a couple washes but my hair is too oily for that so that may just be the solution! Hope this review helps!
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Dark Brown
I received this in a VoxBox and while I don't have any gray hairs to cover, my mom does. So I let her use this and she LOVED it. She loved that it was easy the use and the brush made controlling the product and distribution easy. She was also pleased with how it did not stain her hands when she used it. She was using another brand before this and she has completely switched over to Clairol's root touch-up gel. She also mentioned that she likes the way it smells. So overall, it was a great experience for her. When I do need this (hopefully many many decades from now LOL), I hope this one is still around because I would purchase it based off of my Mom's rave review.
Akron, OH
Review for: Dark Brown
The root touch-up color blending gel is seriously awesome. It’s easy to color match, apply, rinse out and it looks very natural. It has a fair amount in the tube so there was plenty. I received this complimentary to try so I could leave an honest review and I definitely feel like if I had the need for root touch up this would be my go to purchase. I haven’t noticed any dulling yet after several washes. The color is bright and and healthy looking without looking greasy. I don’t have grays to cover yet, but I was happy with the process and will def turn to this product when I do.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lake Grove, NY
9 months ago
Clairol Root Touch-Up Color Blending Gel did anyone else have problems with this blending their greys? Mine look exactly the same?
member-0a59d • 9 months ago
Didn’t cover any of mine