BY BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS #4 in Magazines & Newspapers

This sleek and handsome Better Homes and Gardens 10.6-Gallon Oval Trash Can has an attractive appearance. It will hold a large quantity of waste. It features hands-free operation. Simply step on the front pedal to lift the lid. This 40-L trash can is... see more...

• Great reading7 Answers
  • Do you prefer Better Homes and Gardens or Good House Keeping?27 Answers
  • Do you get inspirational ideas from this magazine???58 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "This magazine has a lot of great ideas for the home.If your into decorating...this is the magazine for you.Beautiful pictures and sound advise." in 59 reviews
  • "This magazine is soo helpful, I get really great home remodeling and decorating ideas and the recipes they share are outstanding." in 44 reviews
  • "From the very beginning you turn the pages and find yourself mesmerized by the colors, then you see an article or story that's touches you in some way and the fun way they give decorating tips and direction." in 27 reviews
  • "I would always look forward to getting these in the mail because It had seasonal tips, Ideas for home decor and popular home improvement ideas." in 24 reviews
  • "I've been subscribing to this magazine for over a year and each issue is jam packed with DIY projects, decorating tips, healthy lifestyle know-how, and great recipes!" in 23 reviews
LEAR17497 Isabella P.
LEAR17497 Isabella P.
Miami, Florida
I have had an older edition of this cookbook for over 15 years, and it never disappoints. I own other general cookbooks, Betty Crocker and Joy of Cooking, but I have found the recipes in this book to be the best. One feature of the new edition is something in every section called "Make it Mine" where the book gives a standard recipe that can have many variations and then gives you options to "make it yours". An example is the recipe for burgers in the meat section which gives examples of different seasonings you can use to make your burgers different. In the cookies section the Make it Mine section talks about different fats you can use. Each section has handy tips like how to purchase a cookie sheet and which types work best for the best turnout. I love the spiral-bound format since it lays flat on the counter. You can also add or remove pages. There is a new section called Holiday Favorites with lots of yummy-looking recipes like Red Velvet Cake, Dulce de Leche-Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie, and Homemade Checkerboard Rolls. I think a lot of these recipes may have been in the older edition, but they were not sectioned off by themselves. It basically gives every recipe you'd ever need to prepare a traditional holiday meal, complete with dessert. The nutrition information, which was also included in my older version, is always helpful.

Overall this book is a fantastic guide, and I recommend it to experienced cooks and beginners alike.
sharon n.
sharon n.
Chicopee, MA
I have been an avid reader of BETTER HOMES AND GARDEN for many years and in being totally honest I am not sure when I started with my first issue.I can remember as far as Grammer or Middle School to some of our influenster family reading this review♥I have enjoyed looking through the table of contents where I found I would start in the issue.I always loved the informative stories not just on recipes an crafts.I also loved budgets the beat ways of doung things .The vast reaources in what is one of my many resource magazines I learned and developed many life skills.In one of my clubs where we discuss new produts;trends;recipes ypu get the idea.This magaxine is geninue and always been delivered.A little information for my fellow indluestets if you haven't already signed up with REWARDS GOLD.COM you may want to xheck it out..for answering surveys about produts you earn credits for free magazines..I do this quite often and have not paid for many magazines for many a year.I wanted to share
Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Bookworm Expert
This magazine is a great read for ideas and inspiration to try out yourself. I got a subscription to this magazine which makes it a lot cheaper then buying it at the newsstand. I love being able to have these magazines on file so I can look back as a reference when I have the time to do some home improvement. It has great featured articles with pictures taken from rooms of people's homes that I enjoy because it make it easier to envision, recreate, and/or inspire. There are plenty of diy articles that come in handy for both simple and complex projects. I like how it not only focuses on the home but also garden because that is both where a lot of entertaining is done, where family time is spent and also the most visible part of a home when including the front of the home. I recommend this magazine to anyone looking for ideas and inspiration that are photographed and in print for enjoyable reading and bookmarking.
Mallory A.
Mallory A.
Pleasant Lake, MI
I bought this magazine as part of a fundraiser for a local school. There weren't many magazines to choose from so I just chose one that I thought I might be interested in. I've gotta say, I'm glad I chose BH&G. Forget Pinterest, you can have the magazine version of Pinterest delivered to your door. BH&G had tons of ideas for organization, decoration, painting, decor, projects, etc. Not only did they provide inspiration, but they provided instruction and offered a link (sometimes even a QR code) to watch the pros complete the project before you jump in! I think this magazine has a little big for everyone; young and old alike. I have pages and pages of inspiration saved from my one year of BH&G - and you can bet I renewed my subscription for this year!!
Jo M.
Jo M.
I love Better Homes & Gardens! Which could be surprising since I'm not even in my 30s yet, but I get so much inspiration on how to make my home brighter, cleaner, and more organized than ever before. They always have a paint color combo of the month, and show you how it is used in different scenarios, which is great for me who has a lot of trouble visualizing how things will look in my space. They have recently branched out to include a lot of different recipes as well, so going through those and choosing one or two each month to try as a family has been fun! Even my husband looks forward to getting this magazine in the mail every month, and he will usually flip through it and read it before I can even get my hands on it!
Nona B.
Nona B.
Hobart, OK
This popular magazine is Better Homes and Gardens. It appeals to readers interested in creative ideas for their families, homes and gardens. The magazine has ideas for home owners and apartment dwellers alike. Articles are targeted for either gender. They contain ideas for readers on tight budgets as well as luxury ideas for readers who are not. I think the mix of articles is great for everyone interested in home decorating, remodeling and backyard/patio gardening. The magazine covers a lot more than these topics. Let's not leave out the great section just for kids. There are also wonderful articles on family living and others on health and food. I am a long-term subscriber of Better Homes & gardens.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Mazomanie, WI
This magazine gives you a little bit of everything -home renovations and tasteful home decor, recipes with clear concise instructions along with photographs (this is not always the case in many mags) and my favorite part (as a landscape designer myself)-gardens. They feature either gardens, or gardens with a plan that shows how it was a design from a former space, garden rooms or features on individual plants. If I had it my way, I would ask for more garden content over the home decor/design that is in the magazine since that takes at least half of it. This magazine also features seasonal/holiday diy craft projects, which I appreciate as well. Overall, I would definitely recommend this publication.
Michelle B.
Michelle B.
Huntington Beach, CA
I don't really like this magazine. I regret subscribing. It is too old-fashioned. The homes featured are too perfect and off putting; their decor seems unachievable. There are not enough recipes. Other articles are boring. Fashion recommendations are cheesy. makeup products are not current enough. I do like the regular feature where they profile a different unconditional family each month (foster kid, inter-racial, special needs, adult child still living at home, etc.). Those article s are written with grace, empathy and depth.
Liz R.
Liz R.
Ogden, UT
I received a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens as a gift. I most enjoy their gardening tips and recipes. I've snagged some great landscaping ideas from them. I also have enjoyed a few articles related to travel.

Some of the articles on fashion or interior design are aimed at a more mature audience. ( I am in my early thirties) but I find many of the articles helpful as I am just starting to garden and I love cooking.

All around I do enjoy this magazine but I sometimes feel it is more designed for the 40+ demographic.
Kaila H.
Kaila H.
Canal Wnchstr, OH
My grandma paid for a subscription for my husband and I because we have been on the hunt for a house to buy. Isn't she sweet? We love Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. I especially like all of the creativeness of every section and how THICK these magazines are. I also like how you aren't overwhelmed with so many at once. They spread their sending's out so it seems like as soon as you finish browsing one, no sooner you get a new one. I really enjoy marking pages and proposing plans to my husband, as he does too.
Heather S.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Do you get inspirational ideas from this magazine???
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Are you a BH&G subscriber? If so, for how long?
Michele B.
Michele B.
Naples, ME
What do you look forward to the most when you first get your better homes magazine?
Angela Z.
Angela Z.
Silver Spring, MD
Do you prefer Better Homes and Gardens or Good House Keeping?
Hasanah C.
Hasanah C.
What do you usually mainly buy? Home decor? Kitchen stuff? Furniture?