Influenster Scholarship for Women in STEM
Influenster wants to offer a $1,000 scholarship to five female students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a technical field of study. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition and/or school expenses.
Scholarship recipients will be notified 1-2 months following the final submission date (11:59PM EST November 5, 2017).
Meet Influenster's Women in Tech
Tech Project Manager - Influenster
Being a tech project manager is fulfilling because I am able to use my organizational skills to achieve tangible end results. I get to play with my web design and HTML skills to help plan, forecast, execute and deliver impactful tech projects on time. It is so important for more young women to follow their passion for STEM and become the trailblazers we need to shape the future of the tech industry!
Front End Developer - Influenster
One of the best things I did for my career is go back to school for computer science. I’ve always thought of myself as a ‘maker’ and I love that I can spend everyday solving problems and crafting user experiences. At Influenster, I am lucky enough to work in an inclusive environment, where everyone’s input is valued highly. I think that the tech industry would benefit from more inclusive spaces and workplaces, and I think that diversity is key to achieving this.
To qualify you must:
- Identify as a female.
- Be lawfully authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States without any form of sponsorship.
- Be a junior or senior undergraduate student or a graduate student enrolled full-time in an accredited U.S. college/university as of Fall 2017 semester. (Those who are not full-time students, i.e. not taking a full course load or taking on a co-op opportunity, are not eligible for the scholarship.)
- Have a minimum 3.40 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 grade scale.
- Major in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field.
- Attached a valid resume and college transcript as proof of enrollment.
- Pass all components of the Influenster application including the written essay topic: “Discuss a tool in the realm of litechnology that you wish you could reinvent, tweak, or collaborate on and why?
- Not have not been a past Influenster scholarship recipient.