BY ZZZQUIL #11 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

Introducing ZzzQuil - A  Non-Habit Forming Nighttime Sleep Aid for When You Just Need a Good Night s Sleep From the makers of Vicks NyQuil. For the relief of occasional sleeplessness, reduces time to fall asleep if you have difficulty falling asleep. Non-habit forming. Warming berry flavor. Not for colds. Not for pain. Just for Sleep. Sleep soundly so you wake refreshed. Not for treating cold or flu.

• Helps you fall asleep in less than 20 minutes
  • Sleep Soundly. Wake Refreshed.
  • Not for Pain. Just for Sleep.
  • Non-Habit forming
  •  Ensure Time to Get a Sufficient Night’s Sleep (7-8 hours)

Use as directed for occasional sleeplessness. Read each label. Keep out of reach of children.

ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Liquid, Warming Berry
  • "This is a good product to help you sleep and I don't think it's habit forming but you want to make sure you take it earlier than you think." in 5 reviews
  • "Works miracles, whether I just can't sleep or I'm sick and need rest you can fall asleep without a groggy feeling in the morning." in 5 reviews
Jill S.
Fort Collins
Okay so I have a love hate relationship with ZzzQuil. Want to sleep? It knocks you plain out. As a sufferer of horrendous insomnia -- that's amazing. But the bad side? The most vivid dreams I have ever had on any sleeping medicine. I'm talking wake up freaking out because you cant decifier if it was real or not.  So if you can get past the dreams, then this stuff might be for you - but for me after a couple uses I had to just dump the rest out.
Jody S.
Locust Grove, GA
I have a hard time staying asleep at night. A friend told me to try this. I have been using it for a while now. It really seems to help. I don’t seem to wake up as much now. I think it doesn’t work as well when your body gets used to it though so I use it a bit & stop. Good for an over the counter medicine.
Megan V.
Aurora, CO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
So I want to give you guys a little insight. ZZZQuil is overpriced benadryl. If you don't believe me check the back of the bottle for the active ingredient -- diphenhydramine HCl 25mg (generic benadryl). You can get generic benadryl for a couple bucks. Just thought I'd let you know!
Katelynn S.
Punxsutawney , PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This is a pretty good sleep aid. It helped me to sleep better while I was at college and really stressed out. You have to be careful if you take benedryl as an allergy medicine because they have the same active ingredient. If my allergies are bad, I avoid taking this as a sleep aid.
Ciara G.
Irvine, CA
This stuff puts me to sleep so fast! I do one cap if I cant sleep and it works perfectly. REMINDER: You cant use it every night, because then your body gets use to it. I use it maybe two to three nights a week. I recommend this product to people that cant sleep.
J v.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
unfortunately i often suffer from insomnia so i do take this. when i do i do manage to get good sleep. I dont really like feeling dependent on this to sleep but it definitely does its job so i really have no complaints and am satisfied with the product
Jami M.
Loretto, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I Really LOVE Zzzquil, however I should mention that you want to aim for at least 8 hours of
rest so plan on taking the pills an hour or two before you want to be
asleep so you will start getting drowsy. Also practice good sleep
hygiene by dimming/turning off lights, electronics, and anything that
isn’t white noise.

It didn’t hit me right away. It took about
an hour before I started to feel drowsy. I’ve read some reviews where
people said they experienced crazy or weird dreams but that didn’t
happen to me. It did give me this odd feeling though. It was like my
body was asleep but my mind was awake, or I was asleep and awake at the
same time. Almost as if I wasn’t in a deep sleep, I was asleep, just
aware of my surroundings too. It was odd. I also got this weird
twitching sensation going throughout my body once the drug started to
take effect. Almost like restless leg syndrome (which I have, ugh) but
throughout the whole body. It wasn’t violent like a seizure or anything,
it was just uncomfortable. I will say it did help me fall asleep. As
for staying asleep or waking up well rested, I feel like I woke up
feeling no better than I normally do when I get an adequate amount of
sleep. I was able to wake up to use the restroom so it doesn’t knock you
out cold.

The main ingredient for ZZZQuil is diphenhydramine,
which is also the same ingredient as the allergy medication
Benadryl…which is known for making people drowsy. Coincidence? Well,
upon investigation (i.e. comparing my two labels), they are the same
drug, but they have two completely different inactive ingredients. What
does that mean? Well, it means you shouldn’t take ZZZQuil for allergies
basically. Speaking of which, if you do have allergies and plan on
taking ZZZQuil for sleep, do not take Benadryl at any point throughout
the day. The back of the packaging says not to use with any other drug
containing diphenhydramine, even on skin. So don’t do that!

Overall, I say yes, that product does work but like with most over the counter medications, use with caution.
Sarah G.
Joplin, MO
I use Zzzquil when life gets stressful and I can't sleep because my mind starts racing. If you look at the main ingredient, it's the same ingredient in Benadryl that makes you sleepy (diphenhydramine) but in a higher dose. It's basically like taking two standard Benadryl pills. For me, it works great every single time. I have taken it as often as once per week for a period of about 2 weeks when I was really having trouble sleeping and it always came through for me. It tastes pleasant enough that I don't need to amp myself up just to take the shot and get it down, and it usually works within 30-60 minutes, so plan accordingly. I haven't experienced any strange dreams or difficulty waking in the morning. I have experienced just a slight grogginess right away after waking, but if I take a shower and drink a cup of coffee I feel totally normal (if not better after a full night of sleep!). I would definitely recommend this over self-medicating with alcohol or anything else to get yourself to sleep.
Jaimee G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I take this when I absolutely can not fall asleep! I highly recommend this product if you have trouble sleeping or you are wanting to go to sleep and stay asleep
Destiny B.
Mcgaheysville, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This honestly doesn’t have an effect on me. It scares me to drink more than the recommended amount, but this doesn’t really help me fall asleep. At least It’s reasonably priced.
Jacqueline S.
Sayre, OK
Do a lot of people have really bad dreams when taking these?
Sandy R.
I'm getting a free sample of this but b4 I try it what do you guys think of this product? Is it good? Do you like it?
Bridget F.
Clifton Hts, PA
What stores have people seen this product to be cheapest at?
Shelby Y.
Senatobia, MS
Does this work good?
Brittany B.
Joliet, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Do these make you sleepy the next morning ?