Lyndsie Y.
Astoria, NY

Is it safe to use this often?

Laura K.
Laura K.
Allentown, PA
2 years, 6 months ago
I have been using diphenhydramine (the active ingredient in zzzquil) as a sleep aid off and on for over 15 years. If I use it a few nights I tend to start being reliant on it....but the reliance will go away after 1-3 nights of not using it (I can usually find a time when I can have a night or two with a little trouble getting to sleep like on the weekend). Honestly its best to just play around with it and see how it works for you. You might try taking just one pill the first time and see how that works. I got a sample of the zzquil liquidcaps to try and the packaging is VERY difficult to open so I recommend buying benedryl (or store brand diphenhydramine) instead. That's what I have been using since my teens. In anycase-you can use it just as needed, or everynight if you want-I have done both and both worked fine. Every body is different though so like I said, try some experimenting.
Blair B.
Blair B.
Concord, NC
2 years, 7 months ago
It's safe but you might not need to.
Erin D.
Erin D.
Flushing, MI
2 years, 12 months ago
I agree with Mallorie^ I use this off and on for 3-6 days in a row then don't need it again for a few weeks. It's definitely not habit forming if that's a potential concern.
mallorie c.
mallorie c.
Evansville, IN
3 years, 2 months ago
I have bouts where I can't sleep easily for weeks. During these times, I use this. It's easy to stop using, and safe to use when I do need it (no matter how long).
Courtney C.
Courtney C.
Villa Hills, KY
3 years, 11 months ago
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
It is safe to use it often. If you are allergic to any of the make up ingredients in Benedryl or Nyquil you should not take this product though. Of course it isn't great to use it every night but on occasions it will work.
Siana D.
Siana D.
Summerville, SC
3 years, 12 months ago
It is. However you can build a tolerance to it very quickly, usually within three days. This is the same for anything with diphenhydramine (unisom, NyQuil and benedryl). So this is best every so often.