BY ZZZQUIL #3 in Sleep & Snoring Aids

Introducing ZzzQuil - A  Non-Habit Forming Nighttime Sleep Aid for When You Just Need a Good Night s Sleep From the makers of Vicks NyQuil. For the relief of occasional sleeplessness, reduces time to fall asleep if you have difficulty falling asleep. Non-habit forming. Warming berry flavor. Not for colds. Not for pain. Just for Sleep. Sleep soundly so you wake refreshed. Not for treating cold or flu.

• Helps you fall asleep in less than 20 minutes
  • Sleep Soundly. Wake Refreshed.
  • Not for Pain. Just for Sleep.
  • Non-Habit forming
  •  Ensure Time to Get a Sufficient Night’s Sleep (7-8 hours)

Use as directed for occasional sleeplessness. Read each label. Keep out of reach of children.

ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Liquid, Warming Berry
  • "This is a good product to help you sleep and I don't think it's habit forming but you want to make sure you take it earlier than you think." in 5 reviews
  • "Works miracles, whether I just can't sleep or I'm sick and need rest you can fall asleep without a groggy feeling in the morning." in 5 reviews
Candace K.
I received a sample size of ZZZQuil from Influenster in the ZZZQuil VoxBox. I should mention that you want to aim for at least 8 hours of rest so plan on taking the pills an hour or two before you want to be asleep so you will start getting drowsy. Also practice good sleep hygiene by dimming/turning off lights, electronics, and anything that isn’t white noise.

It didn’t hit me right away. It took roughly an hour before I started to feel drowsy. I’ve read some reviews where people said they experienced crazy or weird dreams but that didn’t happen to me. It did give me this odd feeling though. It was like my body was asleep but my mind was awake, or I was asleep and awake at the same time. Almost as if I wasn’t in a deep sleep, I was asleep, just aware of my surroundings too. It was odd. I also got this weird twitching sensation going throughout my body once the drug started to take effect. Almost like restless leg syndrome (which I have, ugh) but throughout the whole body. It wasn’t violent like a seizure or anything, it was just uncomfortable. I will say it did help me fall asleep. As for staying asleep or waking up well rested, I feel like I woke up feeling no better than I normally do when I get an adequate amount of sleep. I was able to wake up to use the restroom so it doesn’t knock you out cold.

The main ingredient for ZZZQuil is diphenhydramine, which is also the same ingredient as the allergy medication Benadryl…which is known for making people drowsy. Coincidence? Well, upon investigation (i.e. comparing my two labels), they are the same drug, but they have two completely different inactive ingredients. What does that mean? Well, it means you shouldn’t take ZZZQuil for allergies basically. Speaking of which, if you do have allergies and plan on taking ZZZQuil for sleep, do not take Benadryl at any point throughout the day. The back of the packaging says not to use with any other drug containing diphenhydramine, even on skin. So don’t do that!

Overall, I say yes, that product does work but like with most over the counter medications, use with caution.
Jolanta P.
Glendale, NY
JolapawelecLast weekend was a perfect time to test out the sample of Zzzquil. I went to sleep really late on Friday, so I was sleeping in past noon. Therefore, I wasn't able to fall asleep at reasonable hour on that day. I mostly use 1mg of Melatonin (smallest dosage available for sale) when that happens because it's 100% drug free and it always gives me this: "it's time to sleep feeling," while it gives me a deep, restful, peaceful sleep. I don't have insomnia, I just have problems falling asleep when I form bad sleeping habits. Because, Zzzquil is from the makers of Vicks Nyquil, which is the only thing I ever use when I'm sick, I was really excited to try it.
My thoughts on Zzzquil (vs Melatonin): ¤ Each gel cap of Zzzquil includes Diphenhydramine HCI -25mg. It states it isn't habit forming, but it is still a type of a sleep aid drug, therefore something I would like to do more research on, before I ever decide to continue using it. ¤ 1 dosage is 50mg (2 small gel pills). I only used 1 because 25mg still seemed a lot. However, it didn't do a thing. Which means you do need 2. I didn't have any more left, so I can't say how 2 at once would work. For melatonin, I only need 1mg. It was quite disappointing because one dosage of Nyquil (pm) did wonders for me and always knocked me out in seconds when I was sick. ¤ I don't feel comfortable swallowing large pills, but these were really small almost a size of a rice. So anyone like me out there, you will be ok. ¤ Lastly, it states, you need to consult with your doctor's if you are less than 18 years old, pregnant, nursing or have any specific health conditions and avoid it when consuming alcohol. But, yet again it applies to many over the counter supplements, even Malatonin.

In conclusion, even though I am a big fan of Nyquil brand I am choosing Melatonin over Zzzquil. I feel that at this point, it seems to be the most obvious choice.
Renee T.
San Jose, CA
I can not in good conscious complete my #zzzquil badge. As an EMT, Mom, and just plain cautious about what I put into my body, I am always questioning medications, ingredients and content.

I received ZZQuil sleep aid as a free sample through my #influenster vox box. The first thing I did upon opening it was to check the ingredients. The 25 mg of Diphenhydramine is the same as the contents of Benedryl. Even though the Zzzquil is marketed as "Not for pain, just for sleep, non-habit forming, helps you fall asleep in less than 20 minutes..." this is also the same ingedients marketed to combat allergies as an anti-histamine. It is notorious for the potential to make yo very sleepy.

I am one of the people who do not gain the benefit of sleepiness as a side effect.

One thing I DID like, was the gel cap form. I took the sample of ZzzQuil with the hopes of falling asleep easier since it was a different form than the pill, and because I was having a mild allergic reaction. It worked faster than the pills in regards to the antihistimine benefits, but did NOTHING as a sleep-aid. I didn't even get the Nyquil dreams their cough and cold medicine produce.

I will not be purchasing this product, as the price is substantially greater than the cost of Benedryl or even a generic version of diphenhydramine. We are talking about dollars per caplet of ZzzQuil vs. cents per pill of Benedryl or Generic. Not worth it to me.
Faith H.
Duncanville, TX
I was given these free to try in a voxbox, so I did. I wanted to try them on a day where I didn't have to go to work tomorrow so I could really test them out. I took the two gel caps at 1:49am Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I started to feel sleepy enough to go to bed at 2:44am, and ended up going to sleep at 2:58am. Let me preface by saying that I'm not a person who has trouble sleeping/insomnia in the first place, I just wanted to try them out, hehe.
I thought these would knock me out for an entire 7-8 hours, but they didn't. It was something like this: I would wake up every 3 hours or so from a very deep sleep. be awake enough to use the bathroom and look at the time, then go back to sleep, wake up after 2-3 hours, look at time, go back to sleep. The times I was asleep it was a very restful sleep and that was good, but I slept a lot longer than I maybe usually would have, having ultimately woken up at 2:34pm the next day, because I was always groggy when I woke up, and didn't want to get out of bed, haha.
But when I woke up in the afternoon, I was rested enough to finally get out of bed and start my day. I didn't mind that it was so late because it was a Sunday, but I slept a long time. I wouldn't necessarily say that I slept 7-8 hours straight through, but I slept heavier, and ended up sleeping for a long time.
Katie H.
Westland, MI
My boyfriend and I both have difficulty falling asleep sometimes, which as any fellow insomniac knows is extremely frustrating. We've been looking for a sleep aid that could help on those nights without giving us a "sleep hangover" and feel groggy the next morning. I received a sample of #zzzquil in a #voxbox recently along with a coupon so we were both able to test this product out. The capsules are packaged in pairs and seem to start working within 30 minutes of taking them. My boyfriend will take 2 at a time but when I've taken them it's been when I was already up later than I wanted to be so I have only tried taking a half dose so far to make sure I wouldn't be groggy the next morning. We both found that we got a restful night's sleep and were able to fall asleep within 30 minutes of taking the capsules rather than lying awake for an hour or more like we normally do on restless nights. Neither of us have felt groggy or overslept the morning after using Zzzquil, and I don't feel like it has affected my ability to fall asleep on nights that I don't use it. So if you're a part-time insomniac looking for a sleep aid that won't leave you feeling like a zombie the next morning this might be a good option for you! #gotitfree #ad #sleeplovers
Neyllen P.
I tried the ZzzQuil but the presentation of 2 pills that sent me @influenster. I must say that I find it hard to sleep and I turned out pretty well, I took it as at 9 at night and wait for a while and as time began to feel sleepy soon after I fell asleep and did not wake up in the morning, which I frequently happens, this time to achieve rest more than 8 hours straight and I was surprised. Definitely would occasionally, but not often because these products give me sleep a little fear that addiction. I received this free product for testing purposes.

Probé el ZzzQuil pero la presentación de 2 pastillas que me envió @influenster. Debo decir que me cuesta mucho dormir y me resulto bastante bien, La tome como a las 9 de la noche y espere un rato y como a la hora comencé a sentir sueño al poco tiempo me dormí y no me desperté en la madrugada, cosa que me pasa con frecuencia, esta vez logre descansar más de 8 horas seguidas y me sorprendió. Sin duda lo tomaría de vez en cuando, pero no con frecuencia porque estos productos para dormir me dan un poco el temor por eso de las adicciones. He recibido este producto gratuito para propósitos de prueba.

Eriqita W.
Cockeysville, MD
So i received this as my first ever voxbox. I was very excited to get this and try for free for a few reasons. Number one i have insomnia i do get perscribed meds to sleep, but do to the fact i am a breastfeeding mom i will not take them. I did some research and seen that this is supposed to be safe for nursing moms but there is no proof to back that up. I called my doctor he said it will be ok for occasional use . So i took this at 11:22pm i feel a sleep about 12 am i was already very sleepy n not rested but like i said i do have insomnia . For the first time in over two years i went to sleep and woke up feeling refreshed n rested. I did not get up not one time in the night . I actually slept 9 full hours thanks to the hubby wake up with our baby . I loved this product so much i have bought a full size. Now like i said i am a nursing mom so this will only be taken occasionally when i just cant deal with lack of sleep anymore. I will recommend this for anyone like me especially us moms who do not rest like we should. I will do a update on this product after i take it a couple more times to see how it works for more then a one time use .
CAMELLE K.
Fowlerville, MI
First off, this is the exact same ingredient as benadryl; it is nothing new or exciting as far as "sleep aids" go. Antihistamines, by nature, make you drowsy. However, I would not recommend these for nightly use.

I find that one capsule (half the dose) is more than enough to knock me out. Yes, it made me fall asleep faster. HOWEVER, even with only one capsule, I still need to dedicate 9-10 hours of sleep for me to actually be able to get out of bed in the morning. I have to plan way ahead and take it early enough in the evening so I can be asleep in time.

Another thing is, I always have vivid, terrifying dreams when I take this, or anything with the active ingredient (diphenhydramine). But I am in such a deep sleep, that it is often difficult for me to wake up from these dreams. So the dreams seem to go on and on all night and I wake up panicked and anxious.

Honestly, if you're looking for a sleep aid with more desirable effects, use melatonin. Your body actually produces it naturally, and it is quick, effective and without side effects.

**I received this product free of charge in exchange for my honest and unbiased review**
Miranda S.
Taylor, MI
I received this product in exchange for my unbiased opinion. I have a hard time falling asleep most of the time so I'm usually willing to try anything. Compared to other products I've tried, I can't say this did a whole lot for me in terms of actually falling asleep. It actually didn't help me fall asleep at all. What I can say tho, is that I also have trouble STAYING asleep once I am sleeping, and when I used this, I did seem to sleep more soundly without waking up several times throughout the night. I took it on a night when I didn't have to work the next day just in case it had a bad effect on me, but I had no trouble waking up normally after using it. I guess I gave 2 stars because what I'm really after in a sleep aid is something to help me fall asleep in the first place, which this didn't do, but I did sleep more soundly and felt fairly rested upon waking the next day. Everything affects everyone differently, and different folks have different sleep issues, so this would be good for some, just not for what I'm looking for in a sleep aid. Hope this helps!
Chanda B.
Indianapolis, IN
Last night was a struggle. I had to work and it was a very long, very stressful day. I couldn't shut my brain down. I usually fall asleep in 10 minutes or less, but last night an hour had passed since I laid down and I just couldn't shut my brain down, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try the ZzzQuil sample I received from Influenster. I took it and was expecting to fall asleep within minutes...I finally looked at the clock and saw an hour and 15 minutes had passed since I'd taken the ZzzQuil and I was still awake! When I did finally fall asleep I still woke up twice during the night. I guess it may work wonders for others, but it definitely didn't give me the results I was hoping for. :(

I thought it was just me, but also see others say the struggle was real trying to get out of the bed next day...I got up this morning, walked to the couch and just laid there for another hour and a half because I felt too tired to function...Again, definitely not the results I was hoping for...
Jacqueline S.
Sayre, OK
Do a lot of people have really bad dreams when taking these?
Sandy R.
I'm getting a free sample of this but b4 I try it what do you guys think of this product? Is it good? Do you like it?
Bridget F.
Clifton Hts, PA
What stores have people seen this product to be cheapest at?
Shelby Y.
Hickory Flat, MS
Does this work good?
Brittany B.
Joliet, IL
Wellness Guru Expert
Do these make you sleepy the next morning ?