Jennifer V.
San Antonio, TX

I really want to try this but I'm overweight and don't know that I could keep up. Any suggestions or comments will help!

Morgan N.
Morgan N.
2 years, 7 months ago
I would buy a DVD & slowly start at what your pace is & work on it from there. I'm overweight as well but, I can do a good portion of the moves now :).
Yoly O.
Yoly O.
Cutler Bay, FL
2 years, 9 months ago
When I started I couldn't even jump. So I would run in place so I wouldn't lose momentum. My instructor thought it was a wonderful idea. By month 2...Oh yes, I was jumping with the rest of my class. ;)
Mary Rachel Y.
Mary Rachel Y.
Abilene , TX
2 years, 9 months ago
I think you can do it! It can be a little challenging to begin with, but the beauty of Zumba is that you go at your level. If you need to modify it you can. You just do what's best for you. The music makes it so much fun! It just makes you feel great and motivated.
tiffanie h.
tiffanie h.
Lawrenceville, GA
2 years, 10 months ago
It doesn't really matter with your weight because zumba is so much fun and its ok if you mess up. you'll get the hang of it fast.
Cinnamon M.
Cinnamon M.
Casselberry, FL
2 years, 10 months ago
Zumba is great because you can definitely modify certain moves and still be getting a good exercise. I went to zumba and there was an older man there and he was just doing his own thing dancing. Its all about moving so start out at your own pace and it will get easier over time! :)
Crystal B.
Crystal B.
2 years, 10 months ago
Im in the same boat. Thank you Jenn B for your encouragement :)
Yaya D.
Yaya D.
Holland, MI
2 years, 11 months ago
You don't have to keep up just have fun and move your body!
Elise D.
Elise D.
Rome, NY
2 years, 11 months ago
Don't worry about keeping up. There are tons of different levels of people there. And if you're self conscious, show up early and snag a spot in the back until you're more comfortable. Zumba is more about having fun and getting out there to try!
lauren A.
lauren A.
Wallis, TX
2 years, 11 months ago
You don't have to "keep up" just keep moving :)
Tori F.
Tori F.
Washington, DC
2 years, 11 months ago
I could not keep up when I first started, but you can go at your own pace. it's about fun. No one will judge you if you need a break.