Chelsea E.
Chelsea E.
Does anyone agree that most places are taking the authenticity out of Zumba?
lauren A.
lauren A.
Wallis , TX
2 years, 9 months ago
I think it's all in the personality of your instructors and how they perceive the class
Tori F.
Tori F.
Miramar, FL
2 years, 9 months ago
I've had an awesome instructor, but I've also had one terrible one.
Shay S.
Shay S.
2 years, 12 months ago
Each instructor is allowed to do their own class as they want, as long as they adhere to the core rule of Zumba- to make it a dance party, and according to Joy Smith (who has been featured in many Zumba magazines, dvds, and is even used as the image for one of the games), Zumba should be at least 70% of worldly beats, whether that be Salsa, Cumbia, Reggaeton, etc. Hope you can find a class you like.
Kristina M.
Kristina M.
Davenport, IA
3 years, 3 months ago
I don't think so. In my area, a lot of the instructors follow the ZIN routines. But we have a few that do their own choreography and incorporate their own songs. I personally prefer the instructors that do their own choreography. Some of the ZIN routines are not high intensity, and I prefer the higher intensity songs. Plus, I like that some instructors incorporate the popular hip hop and pop songs. Even though they are not latin songs, there are still traditional zumba moves in the choreography.