Tara R.
Tara R.
Denver, CO

Do you go to live classes or do it from your home via DVD?
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Oct. 3, 2015, 2:08 a.m.
I've done both! Either one is great although the home videos are great bc it's a standard price and you can do then whenever it fits into your schedule
Cinnamon M.
Cinnamon M.
Feb. 10, 2015, 4:02 p.m.
I have done both and i think live classes are more motivating and fun
Stacy A.
Stacy A.
Feb. 3, 2015, 2:25 a.m.
At a gym i think its more fun with others
Elise D.
Elise D.
Dec. 31, 2014, 7:15 p.m.
I have done live classes and the PS3 game.
lauren A.
lauren A.
Dec. 25, 2014, 10:53 p.m.
I am an in person class type. I do not go all out on the video and put forth the same effort that I do in class at home. I need the accountability of live in class with an instructor
Shay S.
Shay S.
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:41 p.m.
I prefer the live class as it feels like I am out dancing with my friends, even if I do not know a single person there. The dvds are great if I don't feel like leaving the house, but I need to get my cardio in.
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
July 9, 2014, 12:58 a.m.
I prefer being in a class as you usually have more space to do the moves and you won't be distracted by what goes on in your home. I like the energy of the instructor that helps you keep going and also if you get lost you can freestyle a bit or watch everyone around you and catch on. Feeding off the energy of people around you is like working out and having a fun dance party with friends. You can watch yourself if they have a mirrored group fitness room which helps you see what you're doing so your technical, tiny dance moves will get better.
Brittney C.
Brittney C.
June 13, 2014, 4:22 p.m.
I have the game at home but I prefer to do it in a class setting. The music is louder, the instructors are great and it's fun to do with a bunch of other people!
Lacey O.
Lacey O.
June 13, 2014, 11:53 a.m.
I do it from home. It makes it easier to learn the moves at my pace, and rewind if needed. I feel like it's a really good workout. The moves are all very fun, and it's a lot less boring than riding a treadmill for 30 minutes!
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
May 26, 2014, 6:43 p.m.
I've been doing Zumba for a few weeks now, along with a clean diet. I've def noticed a drop in weight but more importantly I seen a huge difference in inches especially in my waist and stomach
Melissa Y.
Melissa Y.
May 17, 2014, 11:35 a.m.
I've done the DVDs at home, rather than joining a more expensive gym that has live class options. It's still fun!
Melissa P.
Melissa P.
April 17, 2014, 3:26 p.m.
I've done both. I have the Xbox dvds/ games and I have been to live classes. Sometimes doing it live makes me push myself harder.
Denise V.
Denise V.
March 21, 2014, 10:37 p.m.
I started up by signing up for classes at our local hospital twice a week. After the first session was done I asked our instructor for the names of the songs and downloaded them all so I can now do them at home on my own. If you have a good memory it's a great way to do it! It doesn't always have to be the same routine either. For example, when there are parts you don't remember you just start doing movements from other songs that you know and it changes it up a bit. Also, once you know some of the moves it's really easy to do zumba to almost any fast paced song out there. Just put your Ipod on shuffle and work it out!
Amy G.
Amy G.
March 2, 2014, 11:21 a.m.
Classes are great, but I love having the options of doing Zumba at home via DVDs or even by using Youtube videos! Another option would be to purchase the video game for Wii. No matter how you Zumba, it is a great workout and is actually fun!
Isamar C.
Isamar C.
Feb. 25, 2014, 3:49 p.m.
I do both. But i love the zuma fitness game its so much fun. You really work up a sweat and a good way to get my younger brothers to do some exe4rcise too!
Aubrey M.
Aubrey M.
Feb. 24, 2014, 10:32 p.m.
I actually do it on the wii. The wii package comes with the disc and a belt to attach the wii remote to your waist. So the game tracks your progress and lets you know how many calories you burned.

Join Now