BY NONE #25 in Magazines & Newspapers

1 Year, 10 issues - Kids 6 to 12 go wild for Zoobooks Magazine. Each Zoobooks focuses on a new amazing animal and overflows with incredible facts and insights based on the most accurate scientific information. Zoobooks are uniquely designed so words and pictures work together to help children understand why and how things work in the animal world. They're fun to read, too! Zoobooks inspires children to learn and love nature with: -Award-winning photos, illustrations and wildlife writing. -Games, puzzles, and easy-to-do projects. -Web-based learning through the subscribers-only Secret Jungle and e-Safaris. -Zooworks, a gallery of creative works from readers in every issue. -No advertising. Award winning Zoobooks engages kids in non-fiction reading and science and is dedicated to creating life-long learners. Subscribe to Zoobooks and join the wild learning fun! see more...

Zoobooks (6-12 Yrs)
  • "I was a huge animal lover and loved reading and learning about all different animals and seeing the great pictures!" in 5 reviews
Madison R.
Madisonville, LA
I don't know if these are around anymore (hence the four stars because of poor advertising) but if they are then I highly suggest these to go inside of a teachers classroom. They typically are a little more involved that NG kids and easy to read for all beginning and advance readers
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Loved this magazine growing up. I loved learning and reading about the different animals. I don't read it anymore, but I would probably give it as a gift to someone.
Lanette S.
I loved these books since I was little. So of course, I had to subscribe when I had kids. They loved them as well!! They are full of information about different types of animals
Stella B.
Tuscaloosa, AL
These were my favorite things to read when I was younger. I was a huge animal girl, and there was so much information to be found in these books. They were easy to subscribe to and kept me easily entertained. A subscription would be a great Christmas gift for the young animal lover in your life!
Krisi H.
Honey Grove, TX
My daughter loves this magazine, and as a Science teacher I love that this magazine exists for kids! It is easy to read and fun graphics that keeps the child interested and makes them interested in animals they never cared about before. THere are fun games and activities included in each issue and my child has fun with it! We read them together. Highly recommend.
Cassie C.
Rochester, NY
I used to love these when I was little. My younger brother has a few of them and I think they are just great. I always loved animals so this was perfect to read and learn about stuff while still having fun doing it. I would recommend these for sure.
Karrie S.
I had a few Zoobooks as a kid. I was obsessed with animals and loved learning anything I could about them. I read them ALL the time. The pictures are beautiful, and I learned so much about that particular animal(s). Each Zoobook is about a certain animal or species. I have actually used my Zoobooks in my Biology speech in HS (before the internet was your friend). I was thrilled to see these still existed when my daughter was young. I definitely resubscribed, and she loved them as well. They even had more issues than what they had when I was younger. The only bad thing is that 2 years of subscribing equals all the Zoobooks that were available at that time, which was about 10 years ago so hopefully there are more now.

Zoobooks are filled with awesome pictures and illustrations teaching you about the anatomy of the animal. It's also filled with information about that particular issue's animals and there are a few games like wordsearches. It teaches you the differences between species, and all the basics like what they eat and where they live. Basically anything you would ever want to know about that animal! If your child loves animals, they will love these magazines!
Alexandria B.
Ruskin, FL
These were my favorite things to read as a child and I read them pas12 years old. I recommend these for parents and even child care facilities. They are fun and colorful. They have amazing animal pictures and are very educational.
Casie C.
Grant, AL
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Zoobooks are incredible! For any child- or even adult- yearning to learn more about the animal kingdom, Zoobooks are perfect! The pictures are wonderful, and the passages are incredibly informative and fun.
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I had a subscription of these #zoobooks when i was a kid. I loved them!! I loved learing about all the different animals. I would use them to help me write papers for school.
Heidi B.
Rapid City, SD
Great learning tool for my kids. Anyone else love it as much as we do?
Bailey S.
Linn, MO
Any one else get these when they were kids?
Michelle M.
I think these would be great for a Child Care. What age do you think would be best to read these?
Brittany L.
What was your favorite issue as a kid? I loved the giraffes and lions.
Megan M.
Where can you order them?