Zoo Med Reptile Cage Carpet for 5 Gallon Tanks, 16 x 8-Inches

by Zoo Med

ZZD1150: Features: -Cage carpet-Made from 100pct post-consumer recycled plastic bottles-Soft, non abrasive substrate for all types of reptile-Absorbent pulling waste away from the surface and the tender belly of your reptile-Comes two per package for easy cleaning maintenance-Economical, absorbent and washable tank liner-For use as a protective layer when using the Reptitherm UTH and loose substrates. Options: -Available in several sizes. Dimensions: -5 Gallon dimensions: 8" W x 16" D-10 Gallon dimensions: 10" W x 20" D-15/20 Gallon dimensions: 12" W x 24" D-29 Gallon dimensions: 12" W x 30" D-40 Gallon dimensions: 15" W x 36" D-55 Gallon SH dimensions: 13" W x 48" D.

Is this grass carpet worth buying? Is it easy to pick up poop?
I have tried carpet for my bearded dragon before but his little claws kept getting snagged and crickets would wiggle their way under it. Is this one any better?
Start your review of Zoo Med Reptile Cage Carpet for 5 Gallon Tanks, 16 x 8-Inches!
How would you rate this product?
Winchester, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I’m not a fan of reptile carpet since my guys claws can get caught in the carpet in between his nail trimmings. It’s also more difficult to clean and retains a smell afterwards. It came with his tank but I won’t recommend buying it if your considering it.
Cat, Dog, Other / Small, Medium, Large
Laurel
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I used to use this product with my leopard geckos but this product caused one of my geckos to lose claws and break a toe. I would not recommend this product for any animal that has claws that could potentially get stuck on the carpet. I will not repurchase and will stick to tile
Dog, Other / Small, Medium, Large
Gastonia, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Try not to use this for chameleons, or crested geckos their lungs can't filter the bacteria and they will get viral infections. I use it for my leopard geckos and they're fine but I clean it on a daily basis and they don't need the humidity in their cage. Any habitat that needs humidity, DON'T, and I mean do not use this. It holds bacteria.
Dog, Fish, Other / Small
Noblesville, IN
This is good for baby reptiles to keep them from eating sand or eating soil. This is also good if you have chameleons because if you try to feed chameleons worms the worms will burrow underground and he will not be able to eat them. This is a good way to insure the worms wont disappear.
Jacksonville, FL
I love this reptile carpet because it is made from recycled plastic, and it is very easy to clean! The carpet is soft and my bearded dragon and leopard geckos love it!
Cat, Dog, Fish
Wichita, KS
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I couldn't find this in the right size for my tank so I decided to try and cut it down. It was difficult to get a straight cut and it fell apart in the wash.
Dog / Small, Medium
Garland, TX
I use this carpet to keep my snakes from laying directly on their heating pads to prevent burns. Not expensive and easy to cut and fit in the terrarium!
Cat, Dog, Other
I have used thia products for snakes and bearded dragons. It is convenient, but a bit more difficult to keep clean than slate/tiles
Dog, Fish, Other
Richmond, IN
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Not a fan of this so called carpet.. wasn't very easy to clean.. and bearded dragon didn't seem to like it at all
Cat, Dog, Other / Medium, Large
Anerley , United Kingdom
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Zoo Med Reptile Cage Carpet for 5 Gallon Tanks, 16 x 8-Inches uploaded by natalia N.
Brilliant product would highly recommend, easy to clean and maintain when it comes to poop , you can hover it , wash it , scrub it , only problem is if leaves a slight smell but it goes away after a while , my animals love it and it's super soft aswell.