Zoo Med Laboratories AZMBL20 Betta Bed Leaf Hammock uploaded by Abby B.

BY ZOO MED LABORATORIES

Zoo Med Betta Bed Leaf HammockOur Zoo Med Betta Bed Leaf Hammock is a great way to provide a resting spot for your pet. This naturalistic leaf hammock will look great in your betta aquarium and your betta will be happy to have a new bed! This leaf hammock allows your betta to rest near the surface of the water just like they do in nature. Attaches easily to your betta enclosure with a suction cup (included). see more...

• How do I get my Betta to use this? He has had it in his t...2 Answers
  • How do you get the betta accustomed to the leaf? We got m...3 Answers
  • Does this need to be in any specific place in my tank for...4 Answers
Kelli K.
marble, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
I have had two betta fish that I purchased a leaf hammock for. My first betta fish loved his hammock and would sleep on it all the time. My new betta fish however is different. He rarely goes around it and I have not seen him use it since he has had it. Good product worth the price.
Abby B.
Blacksburg, VA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My betta loves this, do leave it in the tank for awhile to give it a chance because my fish took awhile to make use of it and realize it’s purpose. Another thing to be careful of is to leave in somewhere where the water is calm. One con is that I’ve had one for a year now and it’s darling to slant downwards at an angle my betta can’t really rest at and I don’t know how to fix it.
Karina A.
Fall River
My betta loved this for so long but I guess she grew bored of it or now prefers darker hidden areas to hangout it. She would lay on it all the time and created a little bubble nest up there. I've had it for a year and the only wear I see is that the suction isn't as good anymore but it still stays on pretty good.
Taylor L.
Corsicana, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My betta loves to lay on his leaf hammock, I also feed him on it so he’s used to staying by it at feeding times. I moved it all around his tank and found he like it about 2 inches from the top of the tank.
Samantha C.
My betta really likes this little leaf! At first he wasn't using it, but after a couple of days he started floating around it and eventually began resting there. The funny thing is, he actually likes to rest on the suction cup and the base of the leaf more than anything else. The only downfall I have had is that it develops a bit of gunk on the suction cup pretty often, so like most of the items in your tank you will have to clean it every once in a while. All bettas have different personalities so not all will react the same way, but since it is pretty inexpensive I would definitely give it a shot!
Aly F.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This leaf hammock is awesome! When I was doing research for which fish I was going to purchase, ads for this kept coming up! I am so glad I purchased it! My Betta loves sitting on it! I would suggest you change it out about every six months because it does get discolored and nasty, but other than that it is great for fish who like to lay by the surface.
Lyric S.
Hoopeston, IL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My two make betas don’t really get on it at all. They were kinda hard to stick the leaf in the suction cup too. Honestly it’s probably not worth the money it’s just a fake leaf with a suction cup. It’d be okay if my fish actually used it. I won’t buy one again more than likely.
Alison L.
East Meadow, NY
My betta doesn't use this. He uses the log in his tank instead. I see him sometimes laying on it but he just lays in his log. It is semi affordable but I don't think I would buy this again but keep in mind it's just my fish yours may be different.
Devonn K.
At first our betta did not like the hammock, we had placed it too low in the tank. After trail and error, we finally placed it at the perfect spot and our betta loves it! She is on the hammock multiple times a day now! It's definitely worth the buy!
Kimberly O.
Lacona, IA
We have 4 of these things in our house, one for each betta. Its a gamble on weather your fish is actually going to use it or not. Our 2 males love to chill on them near the surface, but, out females avoid them. I would recommend it to betta owners because if the fish does like it, they look so cute on them.
Only con is one of the 4 we have seems to be deteriorating, the other 3 are perfect.
Carissa E.
chandler, AZ
Does this need to be in any specific place in my tank for my betas to actually use it???
Rachel L.
Fairfield Twp, OH
How do you get the betta accustomed to the leaf? We got my betta about two weeks ago and he stays near the top of his bowl, is it because it is warmer up there?? He barely eats either...On the back of this leaf it said to put the food over the leaf but he lets most of his food drop to the bottom anyways.
Marie T.
Paris, KY
How do I get my Betta to use this? He has had it in his tank for months but refuses to get near it.