BY ZOO MED

The ZooMed Turtle Canister Filter is an external canister filterfor turtle tanks, vivariums; box turtle pools to turtletubs up to60 gallons. Adjustable flow control system Calibrated anti-vibration bushings Space saving design Removable hose-connecting device Extra large carbon chamber for maximum ammonia absorbingcapabilities Comes complete with spray bar system and mechanical filtersponge see more...

Jacquelyn J.
Altamonte Spg, FL
when I upgraded to a bigger tank I chose this filter after having another one that was hard to put together. The instructions for assembly were easy and started as soon as I plugged it in. If you unplug the filter however it does take time to get it going again and figure out what to do. I change the filter components every 3 months and keeps the tank odorless. The filter its self is quiet. My turtles love sitting under the water spout and have the water hit them. After a few months the tubing did get dirty but easy to fix with a pipe cleaner.
T.J. T.
I've spent some time getting to know zoo med filters and have definitely had some ups and downs along the way. I started off with a 501 when I finally started learning more about filtering needs and necessities with aquatic turtle tanks. And while it lasted for a little while in a 20 gallon tank, it eventually gave out and required an upgrade when I boosted the size of my tank. My yellow-bellied is now housed in a 30 gallon and when I first set up the filter (which was very easy to do, by the way!) it worked absolutely fantastically! I didn't have to clean the tank for nearly two months. Very good. However, with time passing, eventually, things start showing wear and tear. The plastic piping is easy to clean with the use of a pipesnake and a toothbrush, so that's no real issue. But the tubing that runs from the in and out spouts is INCREDIBLY hard to maintain. Once water gets inside, it turns very cloudy and lots of stuff tends to gather in there. Which, build-up is a maintenance issue with any filter you have, but considering the length of the tubing, it's RIDICULOUSLY hard to clean it out effectively. Even with two different types of pipesnakes (which are certainly not included), I can't get the entire tubing systems cleaned, which undoubtedly leads to effectiveness over time. It's a decent filter, other than this, but it's definitely something that you'll need to replace more often than you would like to, considering its $75 price.
Jenna M.
We obtained this filter in a set designed for turtles. It came with a tank/habitat, food, etc. It was a really good deal and we were excited since it was our very first canister filter. We followed the directions and ensured that everything was correct. However, it did not work! the water would not pump through it and come out the other end. We took it apart and started from the beginning and it still did not work. We ended up having to move it around and find the right angle for it to pump water. The next day it turned off and wouldn't pump. We took it back to Petco and they were going to get another one for us, but when they tried to set it up to make sure it works they couldn't even figure it out and get it to work. Therefore I would recommend getting something different. This filter can be very expensive depending on where you go and it is not worth the hassle of constantly worrying if it shuts off or trying to figure out how to set it up.
Cath G.
Toronto, ON
I don't love this product, but I don't hate it. My water seems to be clean when looking through the glass, but ever since I started using this filter I have started to get a a slime coat on the top of the water. I before I started using this filter on its own, I cycled it in with the sponge filter I already had in there for two weeks in order to build good bacteria. I am using this filter for axolotls, who are known for their messiness. Its quiet, easy to open and clean. Doesn't take up any space in the tank, and not a lot of space outside the tank. Easy to set up as well.
Thomas E.
Denver
How do I stop the filter from losing pressure