Anamaria H.

I've been eyeing Zoeva brushes for a while but I'm wondering if they shed? They're expensive and I want to make sure they're worth it.

Lynnice M.
Lynnice M.
10 months, 1 week ago
"These Brushes are absolutely amazing!!! I have the beautiful holographic  Phenomenon set with a makeup bag and 30 brushes. They are worth the money! Very under rated compared to Morphe and Sigma. I've read mixed non sponsored reviews on these brands especially bad reviews about some brushes shedding and some being scratchy but nothing bad about Zoeva so I decided to get these instead, alot of beauty gurus are sponsored by Morphe and Sigma and have to say only good things.  I can assure you Zoeva brushes are ALL extremely soft and blend seamlessly. None of the brushes shed either!  My makeup has never looked so flawless! Please be aware that the white brushes are natural and synthetic hairs blended together. Natural bristles are much softer and better at blending compared to synthetic. Believe me I've been using only synthetic for years and I have noticed a massive difference using these when blending, it looks flawless! Because they have natural hairs please be gentle and treat them like your own hair! use baby shampoo and conditioner when you wash them nothing harsh. Natural hair brushes tend to get stray hairs sticking out around the outside,  they  kink and don't hold the shape well BUT don't let this put you off I discovered a hack I found online to fix this. I admit I was extremely upset when these arrived with frayed kinky bristles and out of shape then it got  worse when I washed them. I would have given them a bad review because of this SO PLEASE DO THIS HACK BEFORE YOUR FIRST USE AND EVERYTIME YOU WASH THEM. After washing rub a small amount of aloe Vera gel between your fingers and apply on the outside of the bristles to create the shape you want. Leave to dry overnight (I leave them in my hot water cupboard). When dry the outside will be stiff, stooke the brush on your palm to release the dried Aloe Vera gel and the brush will immediately become soft and silky thanks to the conditioning Aloe Vera. There will be absolutely no residue or bristles sticking together, if there is your using a bad aloe Vera gel that isn't pure enough and full of lots of other crap. I guarantee your brushes will have a perfect shape and there will be no hairs sticking out or kinking, they will look new. I recommend not dusting away the dried gel until you're about to use a brush so that it holds its shape. Also don't leave them in makeup bags where the bristles will get messed up, put them in a cup. That extra step when washing them is worth it because natural brushes perform much better.  I use nearly all the brushes in this set and they are all amazing, just one brush I don't use which is the bent liner brush. I thought they would stain because they are white but surprisingly they don't at all they will stay pure white even after washing with a gentle baby shampoo even if I use intense colors. Also please make sure you dry the handle properly if you get it wet! I made the mistake of not being careful and one of my brushes has small air bubbles on the handle under the holographic film after I washed and dried it. It isn't that noticeable though thank goddess for that! That was completely my fault, it's not a issue with the brushes themselves. The only thing that could be better is the length of the handles, they are short, not extremely short but only just long enough to look okay.  I find longer handles look more professional, but that's the only one negative thing which is very minor. I can't fault anything else, thank god for discovering that hack or it would be a different story! I  am so glad I invested in this set and didn't risk my money with anything else. What all the biggest beauty gurus say about brushes isn't everything, they are sponsored and they have to say good things, most of the time they aren't allowed to hype other brands of brushes.  I think Zoeva brushes definitely deserve way more hype. You will not regret getting these unless you don't know about the hack I mentioned earlier. The price for the set seems steep but do the math and they are about $13.30 New Zealand dollars each and the makeup bag is free. That's a bargain in my opinion considering the beauty and quality of the brushes and the fact that the makeup bag is absolutely beautiful with lots of organised storage and plenty of room, your able to clearly see all your makeup and it looks tidy. I am glad I did my research before investing in a large makeup brush set. Hope you find this review helpful
Mrs U.
Mrs U.
1 year ago
i have their eye brushes and they don't shed at all
Annemieke D.
Annemieke D.
1 year, 4 months ago
I absolutely love my set of eye brushes! So worth the money. No shedding at all, you hardly need any product and they blend amazingly.
Brookelynne T.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
1 year, 5 months ago
Super worth it, no shedding, fallout or loose brushe heads. They perform amazingly and have outlasted every brush set i have. So worth it, make up brushes can make or break you look!
Kader A.
Kader A.
Galway
1 year, 8 months ago
My ones never shed ❤
Hannah N.
Hannah N.
1 year, 9 months ago
They are amazing quality and so soft and never shed after multiple washes