by Ziploc
Ask a Question
Vanesa P.
Vanesa P.

How long does your food generally last when you use these in the fridge or freezer?
Heidi L.
Heidi L.
Oct. 22, 2013, 3:46 p.m.
I personally only use the bags that sys "freezer bags" to store food in the refrigerator or freezer. I feel the "sandwich bags" are too thin to properly store food for a long period of time. For storing food I go by what is recommended for the particular food product.
Misti M.
Misti M.
Oct. 19, 2013, 11:42 a.m.
Food doesn't last long in my house, Its gets eaten real fast with growing kids. By the looks of how Ziplocs are made i feel confident in saying they would hold up for quite awhile.
Katelyn F.
Katelyn F.
Oct. 18, 2013, 10:47 a.m.
In a ziploc I would only store for a couple months if that. They aren't vac sealed so they don't last as long.
Ciara C.
Ciara C.
Oct. 16, 2013, 10:38 p.m.
It depends on what type of food, but they aren't vacuum sealed bags. For foods that you would refrigerate I would only keep them up to a week. Other than that, things like crackers, I would check the expiration date.
Tiffany A.
Tiffany A.
Oct. 14, 2013, 5:17 p.m.
I only store food up to 6 months just to be on the safe side.
Cheryll O.
Cheryll O.
Oct. 11, 2013, 11:19 p.m.
I don't remember anything spoiling in them other than by human error, no fault of the bags. We have had a couple occasions where someone didn't make sure it was zipped all the way.
Olanny M.
Olanny M.
Oct. 10, 2013, 11:03 p.m.
Other than what type of food it is, it also depends on how cold your freezer and fridge are set to.
lauren h.
lauren h.
Oct. 10, 2013, 8:11 p.m.
Fridge it all depends on the product in it meat probably 3 days veggies or fruit week or so. Freezer 2 to 3 months! I love them
Brittney I.
Brittney I.
Oct. 10, 2013, 5:52 p.m.
It lasts for about 2 months
Christina N.
Christina N.
Oct. 10, 2013, 12:08 a.m.
Freezer 3mo deep freeze 6mo. i have found food prep makes a difference too. i.e. blanched veggies last longer
Chantel S.
Chantel S.
Oct. 9, 2013, 8:10 p.m.
It definitely works better than sticking a bowl w/ food in covered in suran wrap! My meat and vedgies have lasted for an eternity in the freezer using these.
Odie T.
Odie T.
Oct. 9, 2013, 1:06 p.m.
Depends on how long you have them in there I have some food I store in the freezer for two weeks and I def see freezer burn
traci r.
traci r.
Oct. 9, 2013, 11:59 a.m.
Freezer about 5 months refrigerator about a month
Lisette R.
Lisette R.
Oct. 8, 2013, 7:20 p.m.
Somewhere between 6-12 months depending on the quality/age of the freezer. Check the food itself for any sign of freezer burn, it's probably best to throw it out if you see it.
Stephanie A.
Stephanie A.
Oct. 8, 2013, 5:58 p.m.
I still have strawberries and blueberries that we harvested 3 years ago stored in our deep freeze. The integrity and flavor are still top-notch! I use them in my daily smoothies, and have not noticed freezer burn at all.
Vanessa V.
Vanessa V.
Oct. 7, 2013, 10:52 p.m.
For freezer, it is good up to six months once frozen. Can not refreeze once it defrost. For fridge, depending on the choice of food, it can be anywhere from two week to 3 months.
Annemarie D.
Annemarie D.
Oct. 7, 2013, 9:43 p.m.
It depends on the food. Cheese will get moldy if it's in there too long. I poke little holes all over the bag when I use them for veggies.
Chelsea H.
Chelsea H.
Oct. 7, 2013, 7:49 p.m.
Doesn't usually go bad!! Make sure you write the date/time/food item on the bag though!!
Ariana Q.
Ariana Q.
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:26 p.m.
I've never had anything go bad in a Ziploc. I would just be careful with meat. Put the Ziploc in the freezer with the item if you're concerned about the expiration :)
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Oct. 7, 2013, 2:41 a.m.
I'm yet to have anything go bad in a ziploc bag. My family stores deer meat in them in a deep freezer and some of it has been in there for over a year. It's all still good! I love that they don't leak or allow any air or moisture in. They're great!
Kaylie T.
Kaylie T.
Oct. 6, 2013, 11:22 p.m.
Forever...or as long as I've left them in there, which has been at least a year! I freeze meats, veggies, whatever in these bags and they last and last until I need to use them! Plus no leaking of any sort from these bags! They are definitely the best

Join Now