Zillow uploaded by Samantha P.

BY ZILLOW.COM

Zillow is a real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.

Zillow serves the full lifecycle of owning and living in a home: buying, selling, renting, financing, remodeling and more. It starts with Zillow’s living database of more than 110 million U.S. homes – including homes for sale, homes for rent and homes not currently on the market, as well as Zestimate home values, Rent Zestimates and other home-related information. Zillow operates the most popular suite of mobile real estate apps, with more than two dozen apps across all major platforms.

Zillow launched in 2006 and is headquartered in Seattle.

Zillow
  • "It is pretty user friendly and pulls up pictures and gives pretty good detailed information on the home but Im just not sure about the estimate of selling price." in 1 review
  • "Each and every time I've been scammed!" in 1 review
Michaela C.
I love using Zillow to get an idea of what's available in my budget, or maybe sometimes just to snoop at the mega-houses in my city ;)  I have heard from realtors, though, that the listings don't update nearly as quickly on Zillow as they do in the realtor's listings, so it can be hard to know what's actually available.
Aja S.
Nashville, TN
I’m planning on moving soon, so I’ve been using the free app Zillow for over 3 months. Occasionally, this app can irritate you from so many frequent updates which CAN end up in wrong areas that you would like to live in, BUT it is a very big help in looking for my next living space.
Shellby M.
Decorator Expert Level 1
Zillow is great I’m not currently active looking for a home but it’s so addicting to look at all the houses so when I am searching for a home I know preferences and price ranges for certain neighborhoods and home styles.
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
Decorator Expert Level 1
I found this site very useful when looking for a place to rent. As a first time renter, just out of college, it was overwhelming with all the information needed and questions I had. Zillow does a great job of compiling information on places so you don't spend hours researching everything.
Logan K.
Walnut, KS
Zillow is such a great resource for anyone buying or selling! It's easy to use both as a seller and a buyer, or just as someone like me who likes seeing what's for sale in the area! I'd recommend it!
Miranda V.
Decorator Expert Level 3
I can’t brag enough about this website and app! The app works flawlessly with no lag and they have a ton of apartments on there for rent! You can change the price limit and change it to view the prices low to high which is really nice!
Sarah G.
Arvada, CO
Disclaimer: I am a real estate agent in the Denver metro area. Our area is one of the few in the country that doesn't have a direct feed to Zillow. It results in inaccurate information on what is available and pricing. I always tell my clients to use Zillow as one source of information (because they do have some great stuff on there about neighborhoods) but cross reference a home you think you like with me or on another site. I hate when people find a home they love only to discover it sold 2 years ago.
Jessica B.
Oakford, PA
I used Zillow as a house hunting tool to help my best friend find a house to purchase.  Zillow was pretty good at locating houses and getting information, but the house listings on Zillow weren't always accurate.  Frequently houses listed as available already were already off the market and others that were listed as an open house were also already sold, just so the real estate agent could try and get access to more potential clients.
Alyssa H.
When I was advertising my home “for sale by owner” this site was really helpful. I got a few bites and sold my house rather quickly. I really enjoyed it when I was searching for a home to buy. It tells you everything you need to know about the house including what the previous buyer spent on it, how long it has been on the market and a suggested value price for the home along with photos.
Val V.
decent housing app if you are looking for a new home. the app is easy to use,however some of the houses are actually sold and they haven't updated their system just yet. so i would always call about the house you are really looking at just incase it was already sold or someone put a bid in on it.
Stephanie  P.
Has anyone found a better app for house buying?
katherine g.
Trulia.com is pretty good!