Zatarain's Original Black Beans and Rice Mix, 7 oz, (Pack of 12) uploaded by Michelle C.Zatarain's Original Black Beans and Rice Mix, 7 oz, (Pack of 12) uploaded by Michelle C.

BY ZATARAIN'S

Zatarain's Original Black Beans and Rice Mix: A New Orleans tradition since 1889 Easy to prepare dinner Just the right blend of ingredients see more...

Michelle C.
Michigan, MI
I love it I used this product to make a quick meal. I added chicken and corn to and the meal came out delicious. I recommend this to everyone that love beans and rice. Its very similar to red beans and rice. Very reasonable price, you can get it at your local grocery store or Wal-Mart.
Megan G.
This is my other favorite Zatarains product. I love this line of food so much! It's so quick and easy, and as close as I can get to New Orleans cooking where I live lol You can put any meat into it that you want to, or none at all if you prefer. It's cheap and so easy to make. I don't usually put meat in this one though and we eat it as a side dish :)
Kelsey E.
Melbourne, FL
This brand of rice is very tasty! It reminds me of being in New Orleans. It tastes better than any other brand I've tried. I recommend this in tacos or with any sausage dish.
Shelia L.
Newark, NJ
If you need a quick go to for a side dish for dinner
then you cant go wrong this black beans and rice mix, it will give what your looking for when it comes to a more fulfilling side dish, that hits the spot. Also by preparing this side, it will give the impression that you been inside the kitchen all day and it will be your little secret
Denise B.
N Wilkesboro, NC
This Black Beans & Rice Mixture is amazing! You do not have to add any extra seasoning to acquire a better taste for any cuisine that you are trying to achieve. Zatarain's is my Go To Rice and you're able to get dinner on the table in a matter of minutes, no doubt under an hour!
misty m.
This was easy to make and delicious! I have used it several times and have added fried smoked sausage and diced tomatoes to it to add other dimensions of flavor. Served it with corn bread and sometimes corn or just by itself and it's the perfect meal.
Tawun B.
This is a fave in our house. I run to purchase and stock up when they are on sale. The taste is great. You can even add a third of a cup of long grain rice if you need to stitch it a little. No one will ever know because the seasoning is just that rich.
Ashley H.
Bryn Mawr, PA
Zatarains makes throwing dinner together easy and hearty. The black beans and rice has some really good flavors. I use it to make burritos and just add a little (ok, a lot) cheese. The only downside is that this has a lot of sodium per serving and has a long list of ingredients on the box--both of which are to be expected in processed food.
Beth D.
My husband and his parents love these beans and rice. I think they are okay, but I rather Jamaican rice and peas. It is a good alternative though. They are a little too spicy for me. I also don't like the smell these make when they cook. My husband and rest of my family don't have any issues with the smell, so it's probably just me.
Grant R.
Eden Prairie, MN
I really like black beans and rice as side with my grilled, BBQ or jerk chicken while no one else in my house does. That's why I buy the Zatarains mix as it is easy to use and the price is very reasonable. That is important as I don't want to spend a ton of money when the box is really only serving one person. It makes the right amount for my meal and I always have some left over to eat with my leftovers.

back