by Zatarain's

#25 in Rice

Zatarain's New Orleans Style Reduced Sodium Red Beans and Rice: A New Orleans tradition since 1889 25% less sodium than Zatarain's original red beans and rice Jazz up dinner for less

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Zatarain's New Orleans Style Reduced Sodium Red Beans and Rice, 8 oz, (Pack of 12)!
Los Angeles, CA
I love getting some of that new Orleans flavor in my kitchen. Sometimes, I take 1 packet and mix it with regular rice. But not always. I try to make Cajun or Creole rice at home and can never get it right. Plus I love how there's the added protein of beans :)
Not our favorite, but then again, we enjoy Popeye's Red Beans and Rice so much, I think we are spoiled to that taste more. These could be seasoned to taste similar, but it wasn't that great the next day either. We like the Dirt Rice Mix the best.
Belcher, KY
I must admit I'm a rice kinda gal especially red beans and rice:) my family loves this stuff and the good thing about is you can turn it into a whole meal by adding hamburger meat,polish sausage or just plain pork sausage.. The possibilities are endless with zatarains 😊
Spokane, WA
I love zaterain red bean and rice. I have to cook 2 boxes because my family also loves it. There is never any left overseas when I make this. It just enough spices in it. We eat it 2 a month. Because I usually cook without salt but this is a treat. If you haven't tried this you need to.
Mechanicsburg, PA
Hands down the best red beans and rice that you can buy aside from the actual homemade. This has been a family fave for years. Add some yummy sausage to it or on the side!
This is for a single box, not the pack of 12. Though I love the idea of having less sodium, the taste is compromised. Actually, it tastes a bit saltier than the regular option!
This is one of the most delicious and seasoned food out of a box easy to prepare and tastes wonderful. All you will need is some cornbread and you have a good meal.
Hilliard, OH
This is an absolute must with any Mexican fish in our home. The fact that it is so flavorful yet reduced sodium is unbelievable. The proportion of beans to rice is perfect and the flavor is amazing.
I like this because the others seem to have such a high salt taste. This is great & doesn't taste lil pure salt. The seasoning isn't very spicy so the hubby will eat it & I can spice mine up
Van Buren, AR
Wonderful side dish for any meal. Most low sodium recipes seem to lack flavor, but not this one. We love red beans and rice, especially with blackened chicken, and this one if fantastic.

Looking for your answer?