by Zatarain's

#25 in Rice

Zatarain's New Orleans Style Reduced Sodium Red Beans and Rice: A New Orleans tradition since 1889 25% less sodium than Zatarain's original red beans and rice Jazz up dinner for less

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Zatarain's New Orleans Style Reduced Sodium Red Beans and Rice, 8 oz, (Pack of 12)!
Port angeles
Zatarain's has and will always be a family favorite. I love the red beans and rice. You do not loose any of the flavor with the reduced sodium. Packed with flavor. It is saucy and Delicious, warms your tummy. I real comport food. Always a low affordable price. So easy to make. Just add a little butter, or oil. water and simmer it on low with a lid. Way easier than rice a roni and so much better. The quality is amazing. The flavor is tasty and not at all spicy. The best part, my kids love it too and it is packed with protein.
I love Zatarain's reduced sodium red beans and rice. When you buy prepackaged foods or meals they tend to be overly salty causing them to taste fake or processed, but with the reduced sodium you have the opportunity to season yourself for taste. Its so easy to make and hard to mess up if you follow the few simple directions!
Warren, PA
I just made this for dinner last night and my husband and I loved it! We are trying to watch our sodium intake so we tried this, and you couldn't even tell that it's a reduced sodium product, because of all the other amazing flavors. And you can't beat the price. I think it was only $1 at Walmart. Definitely recommend!
I love the brand zatarans. I have been using their products for over 20 years. They never disappoint. As I get older, sodium has become an issue. Finding a great product that I enjoy with reduced sodium is a plus. The best thing is my children enjoy it as well. It is easy to prepare and very satisfying.
Millington, TN
I make this for my family every few weeks. I add andouille sausage, an extra cup of rice and one cup of water. I love the fact it is reduced sodium. By adding the extra rice it reduces the sodium for each serving too. The flavor is great even with the extra rice too. Highly recommend
Farmingtn Hls, MI
I loved this brand of Red Beans and rice! The lower sodium content made me feel better about serving it to my family, and didn't compromise the quality flavor I associate with Zantarans. I serve this as a side, or add meat to make it the main course. Either way, we love it!
Standish, ME
I am a big fan of dirty rice and red beans and rice and the Zatarains brand makes the absolute best in each category. Freeze dried beans that cook with rice oh yes this is a keeper for many years to come and i highly recommend it to anyone that loves new Orleans.
Brunswick, OH
Zantarains is really good for a boxed rice dish I generally prefer to make my own however when I need something quick or am in a bind this is a fast easy alternative. There is a lot of sodium so I use sparingly but I still enjoy it from time to time
Garland, TX
Loved by my daughters class. It was the fav item. Was so happy added a little extra Cajun flavoring so but I never tasted it all. I was sad after they all lived it. 1st time ever making!!!!! Had request for more not sure what else I added now but the rice and bean mix looked great. Now going back home enough I can cook from scratch. Sorry time doesn't let you feel that back home!!!
Magnolia, AR
STILL TOO MUCH SODIUM BUT I SIEVE IT THROUGH A METAL MESH STRAINER AND ADD BACK SOME OF THE SEASONING WHEN I NEED QUICK WAY TO MAKE RED BEANS AND RICE FOR MY FAMILY. I'VE FOUND THAT IT WORKS AND I ONLY NEED TO ADD A BIT MORE GARLIC AND ONION POWDER SINCE WE USUALLY ADD TURKEY SMOKED SAUSAGE AND THAT ADDS SOME SODIUM.

Looking for your answer?