Zales (The Diamond Company)

BY ZALES (THE DIAMOND COMPANY)

Zales (The Diamond Company)
  • "I didn't get my engagement ring here, but the staff was really nice and helpful I'd definitely go back for other jewelry. " in 173 reviews
  • "My husband bought me our wedding rings from this store, their customer service is definitely amazing, I love the quality of the wedding rings we purchase and the repayment plan is very affordable." in 56 reviews
  • "i give sales a D because i had bought my husband a promise ring there years ago and in the inside all the so called gold coat started to chip off." in 42 reviews
  • "My husband bought me a 5ct diamond that was over 10K, we got a great discount after trying to decide and going back many times ---the sales gal knew we wanted it but was not paying 10K." in 41 reviews
  • "This is where my wedding ring is from, my husband surprise me a very simple but elegant ring from zales on my birthday 2 years ago, and until now it is still the most memorable event in my life." in 29 reviews
Danielle C.
Tyler
I purchased a gold wedding band from Zales through a discount they were having. I was sent the wrong ring size, so i followed the directions exactly in returning the ring to get the right size. After waiting about 4 weeks and hearing nothing, and not receiving my ring, i called the main customer service. I was told i would not be receiving another ring because i did not email the customer service center before sending in the wrong size ring with a request to get the right size. I was told the discount i had revived would also not be given back to me if i were to purchase the right size. I asked to speak with the manager of the girl i was speaking to, AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME after putting me on hold multiple times.. I called back a second time and was put on hold for about 20 minuets 3 different times, the 4th time i asked the girl what her managers name was and she refused to tell me... and told me her manager was too busy and did not have time to talk to me and i would just have to call back another day.. she then tried to put me on hold again. i stopped her and said no do not put me on hold AGAIN! she said ok, and then continued to put me on hold.... After about 10 min of being on hold again i hung up and called back. after multiple times of asking the girl i was speaking with who her manager was she told me her manager was not a girl and that is all she could tell me.. I continued to ask and finally got her managers name, Dan Garcia... she refused to tell me his boss's name, saying he was the main guy... I still have not revived my ring, and i have NEVER HAD SUCH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I RECOMMEND THAT NOBODY DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! i will continue to fill out more reviews on every page i can find.  I do expect a reply from zales, i do expect them to honor their deal, and i do respect my ring (the right size) and I do expect Zales to handle this in an honest and honorable way, because this is ridiculous!!!
Debbi D.
About 20 years ago I received an engagement ring purchased at Zales. My paperwork says it is .99 carat. I recently went to resell it. It has a large crack and no real resale value. I contacted Zales and with the SKU I gave them they said it was a .7 carat diamond. So they sold a diamond for a price at almost .3 carats more than it actually was. THEY LIED TO THE CUSTOMER ABOUT THE VALUE OF THE STONE! And now I am stuck with a worthless ring. I believe that could be considered fraud. I'm not a lawyer of course, but I don't know what else to call it. They sold him a product that was not as claimed. I am so angry. I called the company and was told I could turn it in to receive a discount on another piece of jewelry. Really? Stand by your product and buy back the stone. You tricked my former husband into buying something that it wasn't. Shame on you Zales. I would like my money back, even 20 years later. (I understand about statutes of limitations, but why would I have checked into this prior to now?).  What will Zales do about this? If nothing, then clearly they do not believe in the quality of their own products nor in the reliability of their salespeople.
Brook H.
Carthage , MS
Oh my goodness...Zales, the diamond company. They sell the most amazing jewelry. I have seen the most gorgeous diamonds in this store. What I love is that they are of high superior grade, which is why His is a more expensive store. Zales isn’t just trying to rip you of with their prices...they just have higher grade diamonds that are FLAWLESS and that will cost you no matter where you go. They also have a large variety of other jewels, such as rubies, alexandrite, and emeralds. What makes them so special is that those jewels are NOT created in a lab! They were actually mined from somewhere in the world, created to perfection, and then sold for what their worth. Again, like their diamonds, their jewels are flawless and are graded at a superior level. That’s why Zales is so famous...and expensive. If you’re going to buy jewelry, you might as well make sure it’s of the best quality possible, and you’ll find that at Zales.
Stacey M.
Both my engagement ring and wedding band are from Zales. The reason we decided to go with them over other companies is because of how well known they are and how many different locations they have.  I love that both of my rings have lifetime warranties on them. All I have to do is take them in every 6 months to have them inspected. My wedding band had a diamond that kept falling out, but after a few times they were able to get the problem fixed and were very easy to work with. The only issue I have is the turn around time for me to get my rings back when I need to have them sent in for more extensive work. You can pay $35 to have them more quickly, but I truly believe that they should start to have some issues be fixed in stores for faster turn around time.
Victoria C.
Pennsville, NJ
Customer service is AWFUL. My boyfriend purchased the Protection plan on my promise ring. My ring broke (got all shifted, diamonds fell out, band broke) from just wearing it. Mind you I haven’t even had it for a year. I took it to be replaced and they told me they wouldn’t replace it even though I had the warranty. They refunded my money and said I can buy a new item. I was under the impression my ring would be replaced since I had warranty and it was 6 months old. Nope! And I’ve now been waiting 2 months to get a ring bc the manager was “looking into it” and whenever I call she’s not there or is “busy” never calls back when I leave my name & number. Wouldn’t recommend shopping here. I’d rather buy Walmart jewelry lol.
Hayley A.
Cypress, TX
My boyfriend bought me a diamond ring from zales a couple years ago. It’s absolutely beautiful. I have insurance on the ring. The jewelers who helped us with the ring were the nicest people, so that made the whole process so much easier and better. I’ve had the ring for almost 3 years and it’s still in perfect position and looks brand new.
Angelica R.
Fort Worth
I had a semi ok buying experience at Zales the diamond store. I initially stopped into the store while at the mall because I noticed they had a Disney jewelry collection. It caught my eye so I stopped and purchased a beautiful rose gold ring. The associates were in training and it took them a while to get in in and out. Other than that I would definitely go back and purchase more jewelry from Zales.
Tabatha P.
Dallas, TX
My boyfriend just got me the most amazing pair of earrings from Zales. They are beautiful, and he said the lady who took care of him was very attentive and helped him in every step of the process. I will definitely be making this my go to jewelry from here on out plus they offer life time cleaning on most of there products!
Stephanie S.
New Oxford, PA
Fashionista Expert Level 1
3 years ago my husband purchased me a replacement diamond ring due to my first set needing repairs.  I got a black diamond from there and it was absolutely beautiful! The price was great too!
Destiny K.
Denver, CO
This is where we bought my engagement ring, pictured on top, it was only 100$ and I love it so much, I’ll probably replace it after a few more years for something else in that price range but I love it
Melissa D.
How was your experience at Zales?
Alexandra O.
Ignacio, CO
How does Zales differ from Kays? I am not a big fan of Kays so I would love to find another store to get my wedding band.
Devin M.
Lakeside, CA
Does anybody know if zales offers free jewelry cleaning?
Marie T.
Fashionista Expert Level 3
Do you own any Zales rings, necklace etc?
Amy A.
Are they're products high end/pricey?