BY YVES SAINT LAURENT

An illuminating primer that blurs imperfections and boosts the radiance of foundation. Touche Elcat Blur Primer preps skin for foundation application, creating an improved, refined appearance: pores seem to be minimized, skin texture feels smoother, and skin tone is more even. It’s enriched with four nourishing oils—corn oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora oil, and rice bran oil—to leave skin feeling incredibly soft without a greasy residue. Packed with blur technology, this universal primer provides a subtle, golden shimmer for ultimate luminosity.

How To Apply:

Primer may be applied under foundation to create a perfected canvas or worn alone to maximize radiance.
Apply one pump of primer on the back of the hand.
Using a brush or your fingers, apply with gentle sweeping motions from the center of the face outward.
Leave to melt into skin for 10 seconds before applying foundation.

POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE . DIMETHICONE . ISONONYL ISONONANOATE . HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE . VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER . C30-45 ALKYLDIMETHYLSILYL POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE . PARAFFIN . SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE . SILICA . MAGNESIUM SILICATE . TIN OXIDE . [+/- MAY CONTAIN: MICA . CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE . CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES . CI 75470 / CARMINE]

• Omg I been wanting to try this out but I don't know if th...3 Answers
  • I wanted to love this! When tried this product before, my...1 Answers
  • Is this primer well worth it’s cost?3 Answers
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Blur Primer
  • "this primer does for sure blur your pores. however, i don't think it's good to use with all foundations. my skin is more oilier than dry and i don't think this helps my makeup last any longer nor helps me stay more matte. if you have dry skin, i think this primer will work well with your skin type." in 145 reviews
Ines S.
Purchased at: Sephora
The first to boost the coverage of the base that combines the light of Touche Éclat and the effect of defocusing perfecting the finish. Formulated with 4 nourishing oils, the skin remains incredibly soft and without greasy residues. Immediately the appearance of the skin is improved: the pores are diminished, the texture of the skin feels softer, the tone of the skin seems more uniform and luminous. The texture is smooth and transparent color is available in a universal color with subtle flashes of golden light for maximum luminosity. Suitable for all skin tones, including sensitive. Not comedogenic.
CJ S.
I bought this primer because it makes your skin feel so soft and it smells amazing. There are tiny gold shimmer flakes in the primer that gives a little glow boost. I will say that this primer is not for people with oily skin and even for normal skin you should wait a few minutes before applying your foundation inorder to ensure that the product has had time to dry down a bit. This product is also silicon based so if that is a concern for you I would skip the splurge ! Overall i love this and I will continue to buy it !
Alexis N.
lexington
Purchased at: Sephora
Wow does a little go a long way with this! I got a little sample of this with my sephora rouge points and i still have it months later. I love how this makes my skin glow! It has little flecks of gold sparkles in it that just disappear into the skin. This brightens, smooths and airbrushes the skin for a perfect foundation look. Unlike other silicone primers, this primer hasn’t made me breakout at all! This may seem like a lot of money for a primer but you will love how long it lasts and how amazing it looks on the skin!
Kaitlyn H.
Annapolis, MD
Purchased at: Sephora
This primer makes my skin look super smooth and adds a subtle overall sparkle. This primer helps even out my texture on my cheeks and makes my foundation go on flawlessly. There is a subtle scent present but it’s so subtle that once it’s applied you don’t smell anything. It is silicone based though, so if you have any sensitivities or are trying to avoid that ingredient, you can skip over this one
S K.
One of two cosmetics products I consider HG.

I had extremely oily skin as a teen, and now have extremely dry, dehydrated skin as an adult. This means that I have some of the issues that both ends of the spectrum have dealt with. I've used a number of different primers and most have been meh. This one has been a game changer for it.

It has a gel like consistency in the bottle, but dries rapidly to a soft, almost luxuriously powder feeling finish. I've tried it with some truly crappy foundations that patch and break apart in under an hour on my face- this primer kept it on all day. My pores- some of which may better be known as gaping caverns of despair- look almost invisible. It gives a little bit of that inner candlelit glow without looking like a glowstick exploded on my nose four hours in.

I am of the firm belief that money does not determine the efficacy of a product, but in this case, you are more than getting your money's worth, even with the high pricetag. Will repurchase forever.
Naomi T.
chicago
Purchased at: Sephora
I normally LOVE silicone based primers, however, this one was basically like like putting nothing on my face. I am pregnant and my skin went from being semi dry combination to EXTREMELY dry. This primer is entirely too expensive to basically be glitter in a jar. If you have dry skin and need protection from foundation clinging to your dry patches, i definitely do not recommend this.
Olivia E.
Good, but only in the right situations. I have a very thick foundation that's hard to blend and this makes the foundation just glide on. For that, I love this primer, as it's nice and slippery. However, if I have a light, dewy foundation on, this primer is simply too much and makes it look greasy. I absolutely recommend this for those of you with thicker foundation, though.
Morgan D.
Ventura , CA
Purchased at: Sephora
When I first got this primer I was a little scared by the look of it. Although the idea of gold flecks in your primer is awesome, I was afraid that it was going to apply with chunks of glitter rather than a glow effect. I was wrong! When I put it on it applied super nice and smooth on my skin and didn’t look glittery at all! It made my foundation apply super smooth and pretty.
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
I will literally never buy another Primer again after using this... and believe me, I’ve tried them ALL. It’s spendy - but worth every single penny. And a little goes a long way. You get a lot of product too.

This primer has real gold flecks in it which help to give your face a healthy glow, but the consistency is similar to Smashbox’s classic primer. Slides right across skin, the fragrance is light and clean (not over-powering) and your foundation, concealers and powders will apply flawlessly.

The packaging is glass, so be careful. Luckily it’s thick glass - so the few times I’ve knocked it over on my counter it’s never broken or cracked. But just a heads up.

All in all... It’s a definite 10 out of 10! Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Blur Primer

Oh... even if your Sephora doesn’t carry a full line of YSL - all Sephora’s carry this primer on the end cap in the store with other primers.
Kim M.
I tried this primer expecting to be disappointed in it because the ingredients are very simplistic - silicones, oils, fragrance, and mica. I wore it for my graduation and it did help my makeup wear all day and it did make it go on smooth and hide my pores and wrinkles, but it also made me break out pretty badly - which is really no surprise because of the amount of silicones and fragrance. While it claims to be noncomedogenic I would be skeptical of that and judge for yourself based on what you know about your own skin. It did seem to make my skin more radiant than if I used a different primer, but I wonder if that is just because it is oil based rather than the mica suspended in it. Overall, I’m not impressed and will never wear it again because the resulting acne just isn’t worth it, but if you have pretty resilient skin it might be great for you!
angela g.
BRONX, NY
Is this product sticky or goes does it go on smooth
Catie B.
Anniston, AL
Is it worth the money?
Jessica I.
Brooklyn , NY
Does it make your skin more oily?
Elle F.
Ronkonkoma, NY
I'm mostly interested in this product for my nasolabial folds (parenthesis/marienette lines). Has anyone tried it for that purpose or should I just stick to fillers?
I have heard good things. Will this primer work for lines and pores. I'm almost 47 will this be good for me.

Sephora