BY YVES SAINT LAURENT #7 in Lip Stain

YSL's new liquid matte lip stain: Tatouage Couture. A revolutionary formula for ultra-matte, high impact color with a lightweight, naked-lip feel.

Tattoo YSL’s Tatouage Couture on your lips for a luscious ultra-matte look. As the formula glides onto your lips you will feel practically nothing as it is quick-drying and transfer-free. Indulge your lips in perfect nudes, polished pinks, and to-die-for plums. The spatula-like applicator gives the precision of a liner with the control of a brush for perfectly defined lips with every application.

How To Apply:

Get perfectly defined lips with YSL’s exclusive applicator. Use the high point of the tip of the applicator to line the lips with Tatouage Couture high impact color, just like you would with a pencil. Then, turn it on its side to brush Tatouage’s ultra-matte formula onto your lips.

Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Lip Stain
  • "Color oscuro maravilloso. Al comer o beber no tuve problemas y es matte 100%. La textura es muy facil de aplicar y no es muy liquida. Lo tuve puesto toda la tarde y noche entre las 6-7 horas y estuvo genial. Olor muy bueno y envase espectacular. Os lo recomiendo" in 93 reviews
  • "I️ really love this color. Some matte lipsticks dry your lips out a lot, but not this one. It keeps your lips really soft and doesn’t scrunch up. The wand and the formula makes it really easy to apply. Really high-end. I️ bought this a few days ago and I️ love it!! Would def recommend!!" in 80 reviews
  • "Absolutely obsessed. Such a unique brush that is super easy to use and creates neat lines, great color selection, long lasting wear, perfect size for purse, and non-drying while staying on while I eat! I constantly get asked what I'm wearing when I have this on because it doesn't settle into the lines on your lips!" in 75 reviews
Mandy B.
Mechanicsvlle, VA
Review for: Other more...
I have this in 15 Violet Conviction. The applicator makes this so easy to apply! It has a pleasant scent and it definitely last all day. This color in particular will leave a pink hue behind on your lips as it wears off, I am not sure about the others. The swatches I have seen online are not a good representation of the colors. I recommend watching some YouTube reviews or swatching the lip colors in person. I would love to try these in other colors. The price tag can be a tad steep but if you dont mind treating yourself every now and then go for it!
Lina J.
Philadelphia, PA
This is the perfect dark berry color for all over the lips for a deep/vampy look or just in the center for the k-beauty ombre lip look. It's long lasting and you can't even feel it on your lips. When it fades l, it leaves a nicestain so you still have some color in your lip. Its lasts pretty well throughout meals and reapplication is easy because it's a eatery formula so it doesn't make your lips crinkly and crusty as do many matte lippies do after reapplying. The colors in this collection are fantastic all around. I own 4 and I want more. Not only is the packaging beautiful but the product is good too. You can sheer it out or build it up to your liking. If you dnt like scents then you might not like it but I personally love the slight candy scent. This is one of my HG makeup items. The picture I have is #5. It's a dark warm toned mauve.
Angelica M.
Grayslake, IL
I am definitely a lipstick junkie. I have a whole collection of lipsticks and because of that, I have learned to be picky when it comes to my lipsticks. There are many things I am looking for a lipstick such as color payoff, longevity, scent, and how well it looks on me. Nice packaging is always a plus and It is safe to say that YSL slays when it comes to that area. YSL never fails to give their makeup line a luxurious feel and the tatouage lipstick collection was no exception. The packaging is very elegant and I am inlove with it. The color payoff is also excellent. One swipe can cover your lip which is very mind boggling considering the fact that these lipsticks are very comfortable to wear. Its as if I am not wearing anything at all. On top of that, this lipstick lasts a fairly good amount of time and has a sweet scent that I really like. This lipstain definitely passed my expectation besides a few minor things I noticed such as the lipstick transferring and also not lasting when you eat food but honestly, its not really a big deal. It only transfers a little bit and it still leaves a really nice stain. I also don't really mind reapplying after I eat. This product definitely tops my list of favourite lipstains. It has all I want in a lipstain plus more. I am definitely using this for work as a flight attendant and I am buying more on my next paycheck.
Jazmine R.
Review for: 25 Beige Secret - Medium Rose Pink more...
A little product goes a long way! Just one dip into the tube and my mouth is covered for the day! The quality of this products packaging is beautiful, I keep mine on my vanity to add a bit of sparkle to my room. I ordered mine online and therefore had to pay for shipping etc on top of the price of the lip product but was definitely worth it! Due to the price range I’ve rated this a four as despite the quality I still believe this is pricey for a lip product!
Melinda C.
Cockeysville , MD
Review for: 10 Carmin Statement - Medium Blue Red more...
I’m the type of person that wears neutral lip colors so if they feather, smudge, get on my teeth it’s not so glaringly obvious as if I were wearing a bright color. Then I saw Tati’s review for these lip stains and knew if I were to ever buy/wear a red - this would probably be my saving grace.

I am so blown away right now. First off the feel is amazing. It really feels like I’m wearing nothing right now - a HUGE plus for me. The color is opaque in one swipe and I didn’t have to go back to the tube for more color. I have big lips so it’s nice to get full coverage without pumping more air into the bottle. The color is gorgeous, I just need to get used to seeing my lips as the focus and not my eyes. There IS some transfer to my hand when I kissed it and my coffee mug, but not bad and mostly only from the waterline where the product is still wet. Can’t speak to wear time yet but honestly I think it’ll be fine especially since it’s a red and a stain. But if not I’ll come back and update my review.

Overall LOVE LOVE LOVE! And can’t wait to embrace my inner red lipstick wearing lady 👍🏻
Andrea J.
Fairfield
Review for: 25 Beige Secret - Medium Rose Pink more...
Holy moly. This is an angel that fell from heaven. I was a LipSense distributor so I’ve been trying to find better long lasting lip color that actually stays on without falling off and leaving me looking ridiculous. Well this is that product. The applicator is super unique and allows for precise Lip lining. The color is super rich and wears so well. When the rich color fades is fades into a perfect lip stain that look like you have tattooed lip color in the classiest of ways. I just wish they made a more brown/grey nude color! You won’t be disappointed! The picture is me a few hours into wear still going strong!
Tracey C.
Love the pigment, applicator, and the packaging. The frosted, gold-topped bottle is as lovely on my makeup table as the formula is on my lips. The bright cherry color really pops! As a girl who prefers neutrals, this shade has become my spring/summer go-to for dressier days or an evening out. The formula is light, glides on smoothly, and does not dry the lips. The applicator is easy to control and is great for creating sharply-defined lip looks. Undisturbed, the product wears very well for 5 hours.
Bottom line: I will absolutely buy this product again. I love this and the other more neutral shades.
Jordan N.
Owatonna, MN
Review for: 16 Nude Emblem - Terra Cotta Pink more...
I bought this at Sephora because several beauty bloggers recommended it. I normally wouldn't pay this much for a lipstick.

Pros:
Does exactly what it claims to do
I absolutely loved the shade 16 on me!
The applicator is very unique but I loved it
Feels like nothing is on your lips
Somewhat transfer proof
Lasts about 4 hours
Beautiful packaging

Cons:
Feels like nothing is on your lips - a con for me because I need to feel something otherwise I have to put chapstick on and once you do that, it transfers...
Way too expensive

I ended up returning it because of the "naked" feeling and the high price point. I wouldn't purchase again.

Dr Carla S.
Stamford
Review for: Other more...
I like YSL very much at all levels and categories. This lip stain has one of the very best textures of long wear lip colours I have ever experienced. I did find the initial pigment concentration was unabashedly strong and I was very pleased with the product at the first. I think there are a myriad of reasons that the pigment was not actually “long lasting” with a staying power of about 5-6 hours at best on me. I believe I can manipulate this with primer and a fixitive as well as implementing a fix-ing technique. I do also feel that it is important for each individual to ascertain the various factors that may contribute to low lasting power of these beautiful and expertly pigmented lip stains by YSL. One must understand and appreciate the lovely tools imparted to the cosmetic industry as a result of better materials and technologies so we may utilize them in a bespoke fashion and at their very best potential. TATOUAGE COUTURE demonstrated a very good effort YSL. I will most likely purchase again. And as there are so many wonderful colours to choose from, I recommend you try it, too.
Abby A.
Review for: 10 Carmin Statement - Medium Blue Red more...
I have been wanting to try these ever since they came out. But for a while I couldn’t justify paying $36 for a liquid lipstick/lip stain. But it is totally worth it!!

I got color 10 And decided to wear it for the first time at my company holiday party. This was a beautiful bright red, and complimented my red dress well! I got so many compliments!

The product did NOT move at all. I had no feathering. It faded very little, but where it did fade, there was a really nice stain left behind.

It is more liquid-y than I would have expected, but because it is more fluid, ir goes on very smoothly and feels like nothing on the lips!

I would not say it is transfer proof, if o kissed my boyfriends cheek there would be a little color left behind. But super minimal transfer. Barely noticeable
Gabriella T.
montreal
Is it worth the price ?
Kristin Z.
Crowley
Does this one dry out your lips? Worth the money? Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Lip Stain
Abby H.
Hopatcong
What is your favorite shade in this product? Any suggestions?
Brittney S.
Fort Payne, AL
How’s the application?
Feliciaann r.
Never used a brush like that before how does it feel being applied to lips?

Sephora