Yves Saint Laurent Opium Eau De Parfum Spray

The opulent decadence of the Eau de Parfum captures the overtly sensual spirit of the original parfum designed by Yves Saint Laurent, only in a lighter spray form. Striking notes of mandarin and bergamot are made mystical with middle notes myrrh and jasmine. A final accord of deep amber laced with Opoponaux imbues the scent with its celebrated rapture. In a chic Chinoiserie-inspired flacon.

Notes: Vanilla Absolute, Carnation Accord, Jasmine Absolute, Mandarin Accord

If you had to choose between Yves Saint Yves Saint Laurent Opium Eau De Parfum Spray Laurent Opium and Black Opium, which would you choose Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau De Parfum Spray ?
Is this the the original opium perfume the bottle do not look the same.
How would you rate this product? Worth buying?
Start your review of Yves Saint Laurent Opium Eau De Parfum Spray!
How would you rate this product?
Cherry Valley, CA
I love this product and have bought it many times over the years.  They sometimes offer a special fragrance during different times of the year which I have tried and loved as well.
Torrance, CA
Oh my god! Memories! This was the second fragrance I every bought on my own. It is super spicy and warm...not for the tamest lovely, but intoxicating nonetheless. If you have issues with allergies, you might want to skip this one...my sister can’t stand me wearing this because it makes her sneeze a lot:( It last all day though and you’ll definitely smell sexy!!
Greensboro, NC
This is one of my favorite fragrances ever! I have been using this a long time. Price is not bad because a little goes a really long way. I wouldn't improve this at all. Love it!
Brockton
I have smelled vintage Opium as well as the current reformulation. Regardless of which version you wear you must be prepared to be noticed. This is not a scent for a shrinking violet. It has enormous projection and sillage. It is a fragrance crafted in the 70s but kicked off the spice bombs that followed through the mid 80s. It is beautiful but aggressive. And absolutely sexy. Do try the vintage if you've never tried this before. It's not for the faint of heart. Three stars given as this classic gem has been reformulated and the explosion of spices on the skin has been watered down a bit.
Yves Saint Laurent Opium Eau De Parfum Spray is my most favorite perfume! It is both sensual and unique. It's more of an evening perfume, though. A little bit goes a long way with this one, and it lasts. You can wear it and rest assured you will stand out in the best way! I always receive compliments when I wear it. I absolutely love it!
new Bedford
This has been a favorite of mine for a long time. It definitely is a go to for me. If you like a spicy sexy sent you will like this. There are lots of Woody and spicy undertones while still a very classic and femine sent. It is a sent many will recognize and others will want to smell again
I’m not a fan of this fragrance, it’s a great scent for the more sophisticated older crowd. Way too musky for me and my age. But it’s a top selling classic scent that never gets old.
Ventura
My gf turned me on to this yrs ago. It reminds me of her n our great girlfriend nites out dancing. The bottle is easy to spot on my dresser. I usually buy 2 of these a yr. One for me and one for a new girlfriend. Nothing to improve on when it's classic
Plattekill, NY
Very light airy scent not overpowering at all and it's just fresh and clean scent. I'm a spritz and run through it. My sinuses are super sensitive so the lighter the scent the better.
Gastonia, NC
Opium is a classic for a reason. It is one of the first Oriental scents that I remember smelling as a child. I don't believe the bottle has been changed since the 80's, as it is a signature of the brand. I don't believe I will ever buy another bottle of this, as I tend to wear more boutique fragrances now, but I do believe it's worth a good sniff to bring back the memories!