6 varieties available
Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
4.51 / 5 based on 508 Reviews
A mascara that achieves high volume and a dramatic false lash effect.
This non-drying formula is enriched with B5 pro-vitamin, which deepens, darkens, and leaves lashes look instantly thicker. The nylon fiber brush builds luscious volume, coating lashes from root to tip for a bold false-lash look.
How To Apply:
Start applying at the root of the lash on the outside of the eye. Apply the brush to the lash, pushing upwards and outwards at the same time with a zig-zag motion so that it separates the lashes while applying the mascara. On the inner lashes and the bottom lashes, use just the tip of the brush and apply to Individual lashes.see more...
Top Questions See all 203 Q&A
Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
- "I am absolutely in love with the Yves Saint Laurent Master Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara! It's volumizing, nourishing, doesn't dry or crumble on my lashes, and smells heavenly! Or course the packaging is sleek and beautiful as well. I am so glad Influenster sent it to me to try out, thank you!" in 90 reviews
- "I received this product complimentary to test and review. To start, I feel this product is volumizing AND lengthening. I am so pleased with it, words cannot describe! Once you open the tube, the aroma of what smells like rose water fills the air, gosh, so good. I am always apprehensive with mascaras and expect clumping to occur. With this, I put on several layers and have NO issues with clumping up! My lashes are easily separated when I comb them out and they fan out beautifully. I am such a fan. Once this tube runs out I will be buying another! I find this formula is best used on curled lashes. It lasted all day, and didn't flake one bit, also.. smudging was a total non-issue (WIN WIN WIN)" in 23 reviews
- "I received the YSLVoxbox and couldn't be happier. This stuff is seriously amazing. It doesn't get gross and clumpy. It slides on smoothly and obtains a layered look very naturally. My eye lashes look thicker and DON'T look caked in mascara. A must buy!" in 14 reviews
- "Legit, this is the best & nicest mascara that has ever graced my lashes in my life. Mascara typically smells bad (to me) but this one smells like ROSES. Not even lying - I kept smelling it (and my normal mascaras) just to be sure. The brush is straight and one coat goes a long way. I didn’t even have to dip my brush twice to get both eyes covered. It went on so smooth, gave my lashes nice volume without clumps and curl without using a curler. When I touched my lashes it didn’t even feel like I had mascara on. In the past I have had issues with mascara coming off by the end of the day or flaking but this one stayed on all day with no issues. It almost wears like a waterproof but didn’t need a lot of rubbing to come off at the end of the day. " in 12 reviews
- "Glad that with multiple coats no clumps! Having very thin eyelashes and always seeking for a better volumizing mascara I have to say I'm in love!! Thank you @Influenster Such a happy customer right now." in 10 reviews
I got a mini version of this mascara years ago and it might still be one of the best mascaras I have ever used! Which is surprising because I typically dislike mascara that use a natural fiber brush instead of the silicone type. I have lashes that are about medium length but straight so they aren’t very visible unless a mascara either holds a curl well or lengthens quite a bit, and the mascara does both. It lengthens so well I assumed this was a fiber mascara! It does have a perfume scent to it, like most luxury mascaras, but it never bothered my sensitive eyes. I’ve tried at least a dozen mascaras since I had this one and I haven’t liked any of them nearly as much. It is pretty expensive for a mascara, especially since they need to be tossed semi frequently, but it lasted a full six months without drying up. I have a few mascaras I’m going to use up but I plan on switching back to this one eventually since it is better than any of the other beloved high end and drugstore ones I have tried
Switched from Nars mascara to YSL and I love it. Doesn’t flake or clump on the applicator. Gives beautiful definition and length to lashes with 1-2 coats. Lasts all day. Pricey but worth it. Highly recommend. Feels luxurious and the scent is amazing. The seasonal colors are awesome too, they really pop with the seasonal eyeshadow palettes.Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils
Not too clumpy, but still adds enough volume to make your eyes look wide awake! It lasts all day long and does not flake all under my eyes and onto my face. It is extremely opaque and has been a favorite of mine for years! It definitely is on the expensive end, however if you want to splurge, it is more than worth the money!
I don't know what I am missing about this mascara, but the moment I tried it, I did not experience the wonderful things everyone else does. I felt the brush was just clumped with mascara and when I applied it, it barely came off onto my eyelashes. It really didn't curl my eyelashes and left them very straight. I felt like I had to apply a lot of layers to get the "volume' effect. It also kept brushing onto my eyelids when trying to apply it and so I had to use a cotton wool bud to get the mascara off. I'm really disappointed as I paid a lot and it's a favorite of some bloggers that I follow.
Super in love with this mascara. This mascara is super underrated and a gem in disguise. Keep in mind that I have short non existent Asian eyelashes lol. The formula is great, the applicator is amazing, and it actually smells good. This mascara makes my eyelashes look super long, dramatic, smudge proof, and it lasts me the whole day. Yes, the price is pretty expensive, however, it’s worth the money. Highly recommend this product to makeup consumers!
Review for: Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils more...
Lashes look great and I like the brown color - esp nice for blondes. LAshes are full and fluffy and the formula creates volume and length. I have bought Faux Cils many times in various colors. My only complaint is that the tubes dry out quickly and since they are kind of expensive, I do not buy regularly anymore.
Purchased at: Sephora
I got this as a sample and loved it, so I decided to buy the full size. Unfortunately, the one I got was super dry and clumpy, which made it hard to apply. Dont know if I got a bad one, but I was super disappointed. Giving it 3 stars because I loved the sample so much.
I was excited to try this mascara because it has so many good reviews. The formula is very wet and I found the wand/tube topper to get very messy within only a few uses. I think there are better products out there for less money.
There are some products I don't budge on and this is one of them. Always have this mascara in my rotation. Super black color and a great brush that separates my lashes to make them look multiplied and dramatic. Adore this mascara and ysl.
Q & A
What color of mascara would you suggest for brown eyes?
Is the mascara scented? Because I smelled a nice scent, unless it is just me imagining things :)
What color did you get in your VoxBox?
Does it give a good amount of length to your lashes?
Is this your favorite mascara??
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos