Add a Photo

#132 in Mascara

THE BEST GETS EVEN BETTER

FALSE LASH EFFECT MASCARA

REMASTERED FORMULA

The most emblematic "false lash effect" volume mascara, now with an all new Lash Care formula. Its secret is the Triple-Intensity Formula: intense volume, intense color and now intense care. The nylon fiber brush coats each lash in deep color and maximum volume from root to tip, while B5 Pro-Vitamin strengthens and protects lashes.

Photos (45)
Morgan S.
Morgan S.

I received a sample of this product in a 500-point rewards box I redeemed as a Sephora VIB. This mascara has a wonderfully dense brush that can pick up a decent amount of product and distribute it evenly. The formula of the mascara itself is thin but not watery, so it can be built up for your desired effect. The claim it makes of a "false lashes" look is definitely true- after applying this mascara it looked as though I had applied a few individual false lashes. This mascara gives a subtly glamorous/everyday glam kind of look. This mascara IS perfumed, which threw me off a little bit at first. However, I find it to be a pleasant scent, and it has not irritated me so I am not opposed to it. still, some may be put off by the semi-strong scent this product gives off. Also, this product is definitely an expensive luxury which I would not be able to afford on the regular.
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington, IL

Before I begin, let me say that this mascara DID give me the appearance of false lashes, and the effect was absolutely wonderful. However, the reason that I have this three stars is that I feel that there are many mascaras that offer the same benefits but with a better formula. This mascara always ends up giving me greyish black smudges underneath my eyes within a few hours of normal wear, and it performs terribly in heat and humidity. It's also really expensive, and for that price it had better be fantastic in every way, shape, and form. For a high-end mascara I much prefer Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite. If you prefer a drugstore option, I recommend Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes. There are just too many cheaper and better alternatives to recommend this product. Pass.
Mel H.
Mel H.

This is my absolute favorite mascara, ever! I've tried numerous different brands of mascara since I was a teen and let let me tell you, it's THE BEST! It is lengthening and gives amazing volume to your lashes. Every time I've tried another mascara, I always come back to this one. I get tons of compliments on my lashes, some people even think I have fake lashes on! Highly recommend it, it lasts a while too. I usually buy this from Sephora or Nordstrom. Trust me - you won't regret it!
Dayna T.
Dayna T.

Although as I believe that you get what you pay for, well with the YSL Mascara is more expensive but well worth it's weight in gold, and no it isn't hard too wash off depending on what you are using too wash it off with. I try and use some type of product that has argan oil in it so you don't end up pulling and tugging to get every last drop off before reapplying! I will never go back to the drug store types they just do not seem too have the same payoff as the YSL Mascara does.
Skylar W.
Skylar W.
Concord, CA

BEST MASCARA OF LIFE!!! I absolutely love this! It works the way its supposed to and it smells like heaven. My lashes look sooo much longer and nicer with this and it doesn't really clump either. The brush is really nice, I like it because its not super hard but its not super soft either so its perfect. This is the best mascara I've used in a long time and I've tried A LOT of them. Mine was from sephora for $30 and it was soooo worth it.
Crystal M.
Crystal M.
Evansville, IN

I used to be a longtime fan of Lancome hypnose drama but kept finding black crumbs under my eyes all the time. I discovered YSL and haven't looked back. Effet Faux cils gives you that Kardashian false lash look by providing thickness and length! It doesn't ever fall off or smudge! Stays put until you take it off which is a breeze btw! The fragrance in this product doesn't bother my eyes at all. Love this!!!!
Meagan B.
Meagan B.

I got a sample size of this same mascara from my mom, she got it with a Sephora order, point blank this stuff is fire like for real homie if you want some bomb mascara and you're willing to pay for it I would definitely suggest it also it smells really nice and floral, if you don't like that then I guess it's not for you, but if you don't mind it I would give it a shot yo.
Rachel L.
Rachel L.

I'm totally in love with the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils!! It smells amazing, has a nice rich color, is thick, does not clump, and added tons of volume to my lashes. Made my eyes pop after just one coat! I wore it all day at work, when I got home I noticed there was no flaking and my lashes still looked like they still had plenty of volume. #AmazingScent #LoveIt
Libby B.
Libby B.
Athens, GA

I have sort of long eyelashes to begin with but this makes them look amazing. People compliment me on my eyelashes all the time when I'm wearing this and my aesthetician and people at the makeup counter ask me if I have eyelash extensions. It doesn't run so you definitely need makeup remover to take it off at night. I find that my oil makeup remover takes it right off.
Stefanie P.
Stefanie P.

I love all things YSL and this is no exception. I purchased the Faux Cils mascara in the plum color to accentuate my hazel eyes and warm blonde hair. You can really tell the color when in the sun. The mascara wand is a bit bigger than what I usually prefer and did tend to get clumpy towards the end of its life but it lasted a while. These cost about 30 dollars.
Marissa S.
Marissa S.

What color of mascara would you suggest for brown eyes?
Emily D.
Emily D.
Taunton, MA

Is the mascara scented? Because I smelled a nice scent, unless it is just me imagining things :)
alleascea d.
alleascea d.
Largo, FL

Does it give a good amount of length to your lashes?
Shannon D.
Shannon D.
Tacoma, WA

What color did you get in your VoxBox?
Chelsey B.
Chelsey B.
Athens, GA

Where can I buy this massacre at?

Join Now