BY YVES SAINT LAURENT

A revolutionary lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain.

Coat your lips with this lip color that offers a lightweight texture, which immediately melts onto lips. Glossy Stain delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting shine.

How To Apply:

This can be applied in limitless ways, whether you’re after a playful pop of color, or intense drama and a statement look. Use one color on the cheeks, and the other shade on the lips, to bring contrast yet keep your look within one color family. Or on the cheeks, use both shades, with the lighter shade placed above the apple of the cheeks and the darker one on the apple itself, then blend with a brush or with fingers to achieve a subtle gradation and blush effect. On the lips, swipe one color and blend out for a pretty stain of color, or be daring, and create a duo-toned lip.

Octyldodecanol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Stearyl/Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether Dimer Dilinoleate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Polybutene, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Mannitol , Polyurethane-15, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract , Yeast (Faex) Extract , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Citric Acid [+/- May Contain: Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Silica, Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 73360 (Red 30), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite.

Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain
  • "Favorite color of these along with the red one. It is just like a lipstick(lasts all day) and a gloss(glossy and not drying) this color adds the perfect pop of pink,coral,peach to your lips. AMAZING" in 117 reviews
  • "This is my go-to for a red lip. Not only is it an amazing and long lasting color, but it also smells so good! It literally smells like fresh berries. I am in love." in 90 reviews
  • "Glides on so smoothly, and sooooo hydrating, by far one of my favorite high end lip products. The size is perfect for your purse too." in 35 reviews
Stephanie U.
Portland
Review for: Other more...
A few years ago, I bought one of these from Costco. I paid like 20 dollars instead of 36. I bought the shade 107. It’s a red with iridescent purple/blue shimmer. I remember trying it on for the first time. I was in complete awe. Not only was the color actually stunning on my completion, but the formula was like nothing I’ve ever tried before. The formula is not sticky, but slightly tacky and has this interesting wet or gel-like feeling to it. It wears beautifully throughout the day and keeps that wonderful glossy look to your lips even as it fades. I wore this every single day I went out. Until I found out that this shade was discontinued, that’s why it was at Costco in the first place. To this day I am still saddened by the fact. But the whole line is not discontinued, and the product itself is heaven sent. So I definitely recommend purchasing this. I say it’s worth 36 dollars, because I have yet to find a lip product as wonderful as this.
jtm. M.
San Jose, CA
The best. I love the pigment on the lip stains and the color. It looks so vibrant on my lips. French colors their cosmetics have the most beautiful shades of pink rose and reds. I tried other lip stains and come back to YSL. It smells good and doesn’t make my lips swollen. I feel like it’s breathable and long lasting. It could smudge on your teeth if you don’t blot so remember to do so. I own so many shades of this collection and the original lip stain. If I could I would have every color, so beautiful! Thank you YSL I feel so beautiful when I put on YSL LIPS.
joeny g.
Oakley, CA
LIKE A DREAM ON THE LIPS
Now don’t get me wrong, this is not the most opaque lip product you will find, not is it the most long lasting, but this product is one of the smoothest, softest feeling lip products on the market! The Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain holds true to the YSL name in the fact that it is LUXURY. From the gold and black packaging, to the feel of the product on the lips, this product is one of the top dogs in the luxury business. It is a stain so the Gloss comes off fairly easily but it does leave a very nice tint to the lips. The scent of the product is immaculate, and the Gloss does not feel sticky or heavy; it is such a great product! This is for those looking to splurge on a great product!
Miljorie A.
Boston, MA
Review for: Other more...
Love how this is a multi combination of a rich pigment of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss, and the staying power of a stain! The color stays on much longer than a lipstick and has a more natural look and feel. It's also not drying at all, unlike other lip stains. My mom got really hooked on this lippie that I just gave her it! Love 💕
María A.
Lyndhurst, NJ
This one is my favorite! I love how it smells, the texture and the incredible technology of the product. At first when you apply it, it looks like a gloss, but then if you eat or drink something the color stays there and turns into a little bit matte, but it is fine for me because it doesn’t dry my lips. The color is beautiful!
Mia D.
Denver, CO
The color I have is 103 and 105. It’s the best and I love it. It’s not sticky or anything. The color is just beautiful, charming...I’m running out of words but it’s one of the pretties I’ve even seen. It feels really light on your lip and it last very long. It doesn’t feel you have tons of lipstick on your lips. If you don’t like the feeling of lipsticks this is for you!
Christine P.
White Plains , MD
I received this product for free. However, I do not reach for this. It looks beautiful and smells great. It is drying and pigmentation is below average. It only stays on for a little bit- does not last through talking, eating or drinking. The applicator is also good but I will not spend money on this. Luxurious for sure!
Betty F.
Decatur, GA
Best gloss I own. Not sticky, and stays shiny all the way to the edges of the lip, maximizing their apparent size. The only downside is that I truly despise the sweaty-grapefruit scent. It has a locker-room aspect to it that I have to bear for the 20 minutes or so it takes to fade. Favorite colors are 2 (Golden Praline; a beautiful and sheer neutral nude-pink); 43 (Golden Irreverence; a warm nude that reminds me of old-style amber-colored lipglosses that gave some warmth but not much color to the lips); and 52 (Golden Pebble; a difficult-to-describe but drop-dead gorgeous deep skin tone that resembles Clinique Black Honey products and would look good on just about anyone, but especially darker-skinned women).
rosie r.
Pacoima , CA
I love these glossy stains. This color is very vibrant. long lasting highly pigmented. It doesn't feel sticky or like your lips are glued shut lol! I purchased this at sephora the price is a bit on the higher end but if you can splurge id definitely recommend it.
Elizabeth O.
Port Washington
Review for: Other more...
This is one of my go-to lip products. I have Carmen Session for daytime - it looks purple in the tube, but applies as more of a gorgeous rosewood. It does have a bit of transfer, but the product stays on quite well, overall, and the color is a perfect MLBB for me.
Zarah L.
Pittsburgh, PA
For anyone who owns this. Do you count this more a lip gloss feel? Or a regular lipstick stain?
chang l.
is this product long lasting?
Benylisse R.
Brooklyn , NY
I love wearing lip gloss stains is this product worth the money?
How well does this stay on??
Anna C.
Scarborough, ON
I dont prefer lip glosses that are too sticky - is this product sticky on the lips ??