BY YVES SAINT LAURENT #5 in Fragrance for Her

Black Opium.

The new feminine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent.

Highly addictive.  Seductively intoxicating.

Like a shot of adrenaline, the rich coffee bean notes jolt the senses with a high dose of energy, becoming softer and more feminine with the white flowers of jasmine sambac. The sweet sensuality of vanilla beans wraps the fragrance into a gourmand, voluptuous signature.

Black, not a color, an attitude.

Top Notes: Vanilla Bean

Mid Notes: White Flowers

Base Notes: Black Coffee

• What is your favorite perfume ? For me the best is black opium 😍😍...13 Answers
  • What other scents are similar to this??1 Answers
  • Who's try already the new YSL Black Opium? What's your feedback? ...7 Answers
Amanda S.
Wyoming, MN
First and foremost I do LOVE this perfume. The scent is perfect for me and one of my favorites. It smells spicy yet sweet with hints of coffee and floral tones. It’s a bit pricey but it’s actually cheaper for a 1 ounce than many other perfumes I own. The bottle is elegant and looks beautiful on a vanity. My biggest issue with this perfume is that it does not last whatsoever. I got to the point where I would use 5-7 sprays and within an hour I couldn’t even smell a hint of it on myself. I don’t notice issues with some of my other high end brands fading like this so ultimately I returned it and bought something else. If the scent lasted all day like a normal perfume it would definitely be one of my favorites, but for the price and the way it lasts, I would not purchase this.
Miracle T.
Fairburn, GA
I don't own this item yet but I plan to buy it in the future. It's a bit pricey for me as I only buy two perfumes on a regular basis and the boyh can be found at Marshalls/t.j.maxx. I will say that I love the scent of this though, so I will definitely be saving some money to the side to buy it. I recommend going yo Sephora and getting a sample though. I love how perfumes sell in the store, but when some of them react yo my body I hate them afterwards. I didn't have that problem with this one. The longer o wore it the better it was for me. I truly recommend!!!
Isabelle B.
Tallahassee, FL
I was in the market for a perfume that I could really call my own and I'm happy I found this one. I was sick and tired of my old scent that everyone else seemed to own and discovered this one as a Sephora points gift. I loved the little roller ball so much that I bought the big bottle! I appreciate being able to test scents out in samples because sometimes a fragrance can begin to annoy me, but not this one! Not only does it smell great, but it looks so badass. I love that the perfume itself is slightly coral colored and the bottle is black sparkle - a very edgy combination for edgy girls like myself.
BriAnna W.
Resaca, GA
I received a sample of this perfume(and have sampled it in Sephora) from Yves Saint Laurent, and this smells soo incredible. This is pretty pricey for me, as I'm not used to spending so much money on perfume. The scent has a sweet yet spicy(super luxurious) smell and it is heavenly, but it is very strong. I have a lot of health issues including chronic migraines so I'm very sensitive to a lot of scents, which make my migraines worse/make me nauseous. So if you are like that I recommend using this very lightly. If you have the money to splurge, I highly recommend buying this!
Himali B.
Denver, CO
I received Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium as a sample recently and really liked the scent. It's a mix of floral & coffee notes. While floral fruity smells are my favourite & that's what I look for in a perfume. I am not a big fan of coffee notes in my perfume. But the scent is not overpowering or intolerable which happens with me when it comes to strong fragrances. Also, it doesn't stay for long which is not great if you want to use it for office, for a party or get together it should work. I don't think I will be buying the full size bottle.
Kaicey W.
I absolutely love this perfume! I am so picky when it comes to fragrances because I’m sensitive to strong scents and many make me nauseous or give me headaches. This is a perfect balance and doesn’t bother me at all. I love the coffee undertones. It was very surprising to see coffee used in a perfume but it works so well with the other notes and makes for great depth to the scent. It has quickly became a new favorite and I wear it as often as possible!
Rebecca S.
Marion, NC
Yevs sain Laurent black opium Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum is the best perfume I've ever used by far it's my all time favorite. I always get loads of compliments when I wear this perfume and all my friends beg me to use it lol it a sexy and classy smell and omg I am in love with this perfume my fav
Mahnoor K.
What a sexy, spicy, mysterious yet fruity/sweet scent. I love wearing this when I'm out and about on my days off. This definitely is not the fragrance to wear when you're in close proximity to others who are sensitive to fragrance, as it is noticeable to others, and lingers on clothing and the skin for days. But it is lovely! I love wearing it, and will repurchase when I've used up my samples and travel size spray.
Katie M.
Reading, PA
I received a small sample of this awhile ago and I can't get enough of it. It smells so seductive and sexy yet very girly. Floral scents come together with a coffee and vanilla touch behind it. Great for a date night out or even a girls night out. I love that I feel empowered wearing this scent. Great for someone who's a bit more mature. A little goes a long way and for me it lasts all day.
Jessica B.
Levittown, NY
This is my favorite fall perfume!! It’s hard to describe the scent but if you’re ever in sephora please try! It has hints of warm vanilla and coffee. So many friends love this as well. I definitely recommend. I think its perfect for any occasion and it actually does last.
Alissa S.
Is this perfume too much for school or work? Is it more of a security night time perfume or a girly daytime perfume?
Leonela R.
Is this fragrance good for day time wear or night time wear or for anytime wear?
Laa M.
tangier
What is your favorite perfume ? For me the best is black opium 😍😍 Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum
Tiffany J.
South Holland, IL
Does this perfume have a light or heavy aroma?
Saba A.
What notes does this have, I like sweet husky smells