BY YVES SAINT LAURENT

In January 1958, Yves Saint Laurent (Pierre Niney) — aged merely 21 — was unexpectedly called upon to oversee the legendary Paris fashion house established by recently deceased Christian Dior. During Saint Laurent’s breathtaking and groundbreaking... see more...

• Does one recommend black opium27 Answers
  • I'm not familiar with these product. Can someone tell me more?3 Answers
  • What is your favorite product?30 Answers
Yves Saint Laurent
  • "I've only tried their lipsticks and omg I love them so much the packaging is amazing and formula I love , can't get enough of them , do wish they weren't so pricey but oh well it's high end nothing i can do about it" in 15 reviews
  • "Their Faux Cils Mascara is the best mascara on the market, their eyeshadows are amazing (from the colors, finishes, to color payoff) and another product that is beyond amazing is Touche Eclat Concealer/Highlighter!!" in 14 reviews
  • "All of their products are wonderful, but if you are looking to really cash-in on this brand, go with lip products!" in 14 reviews
  • "You will pay exorbitant amounts for YSL, but if you're looking for beautiful designer clothes, you can't go wrong with YSL." in 12 reviews
  • "it lasts long so i dont have to replay it every 2hrs or so, i just love it ..yea i know its a bit pricey but trust me its worth spending your money on this product <3 i got 7 shades of this lipstick and i cant wait to get more !!!" in 12 reviews
Jacqueline H.
Jacqueline H.
Erie, CO
Simply put: I love YSL! Makeup, perfume, handbags and SHOES (omg, the shoes!) - I have yet to own any clothing from the brand but hope to some day. My main YSL stash is undoubtedly the makeup line. If you haven't had the pleasure, I highly recommend giving their lip products a try. Rouge Pur Couture, Rouge Volupté, Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain, Volupté Tint-In-Oil, Kiss & Blush... The list goes on and on! All feel so luxurious and smooth, perfectly velvety, on the lips! Yes, anything YSL will be an investment. But in my opinion they truly hold their worth. The quality is there and I have no doubt these products will stand the test of time. Another favorite is the Radiant Pressed Powder. Pricey, but AMAZING! I have dry skin and most powders can cling to the tiniest dry patch or come off looking very cakey. Not the case with Radiant Pressed Powder. It is like silk! Gives good coverage, won't settle into fine lines and looks so natural! One last suggestion: Black Opium! My fave scent atm!
Erica N.
Erica N.
Dallas, TX
Black Opium is a dream fragrance. Not only is the bottle chic & stunning, but the scent inside is sexy & comfortable, not cloying or headache-inducing. The fragrance is soft & alluring; sensual but modern. This scent is warm, so it is best worn in cooler seasons or saved for date night. The fragrance lasts quite a while but isn't overbearing. I was fortunate enough to purchase during the holidays when a gift set was available. In the set I purchased I received a full sized bottle of the perfume & a portable rollerball as well. The amazing flacon gets a front row seat in my fragrance collection as I reach for it often. The rollerball is a frequent on holiday or in my purse. I think it's refillable as well. Gorgeous scent that evokes sensuality & extravagance. I will definitely repurchase a full sized bottle when mine runs out.
Sig r.
Sig r.
Fresh Meadows, NY
As you can probably already tell, this is an extremely high end brand, which I love to drool over while I'm in Sephora. The formula of their lipsticks aren't my favorite, they're a bit too sheer for my liking. The Touche Eclait (Or however you spell it) concealer is amazing though. It is a smooth consistency and does a great job concealing the under eye area. My favorite aspect about it is the beautiful brightening affect it has. All in all, packaging and quality is great, but I still think the prices are ridiculous, which is why I'm giving the company four stars.
Lourraine B.
Lourraine B.
Yonkers, NY
The only really things I have from YSL is their cosmetics. AMAAAAZING line! From nail polishes to concealers. I love them all. The packaging first of all is great, who can resist gold? Secondly, they have amazing concealer and foundation. Their foundation is dewy so it doesn't leave my skin dry and crackly. Thirdly, i looooove their lip products, from their matte and satin lipsticks to their oil base lip tint. Amazing, smells amazing and very vibrant colors.

One thing though, I'm not a very big fan of their mascara and it gets clumpy and flaky.
Amber K.
Amber K.
YSL brand excels in every product they make, weather its makeup, skincare, purses, shoes. I have used a few primers, and foundations from YSL, and they are AMAZING. Super soft, truly like any other product Ive seen. They are expensive, but what else do you expect from a high end designer brand! You do get your moneys worth, because there products are amazing. I have a few Purses from YSL also, the tassle bag, Matelasse, Pebble bag. Really amazing high quality bags. I use my Matelasse bag every day, and not even one thread has come loose.
Trina W.
Trina W.
Ogden, UT
Fashionista Expert
I recently purchased the YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils. I was so excited to try this after reading about it, and when I did the results were amazing. My lashes were voluminous, thick and very stunning. I was so excited when I saw the results. However, it was short lived. Later in the day I was able to look in the mirror. I had huge raccoon eyes and needed to try and fix them. It would not budge from under my eyes and I eventually had to use a little soap from work to get the smudges out from under my eyes. I ended up returning the product.
Nardie C.
Nardie C.
Bronx, NY
Ysl has such amazing luxury looks it's incredibly gorgeous. Although the they are way out of my budget. The makeup is amazing but unfortunately I'm not a fan of their lip collections. Only because of that perfume taste and smell that does not fit for every lips. Most woman love that feeling but too me if it's too perfume-ish ... It's what makes it least favorite on my list. The one thing I'm curious about is the exalt pens. I heard so many reviews I would love to try but I believe ysl is the most elegant luxury brand I've seen.
Rose C.
Rose C.
I am in love w YSL fragrance
Black Opium! It's a beautiful smelling perfume. It is in my opinion a gourmand fragrance w great lasting power. I guess this is where I would give you all kinds of top notes and middle notes etc. I just know it smells delicious kinda vanilla patchouli maybe smokey. I get tons of compliments and I mean wherever I go. I have the bottle and the rollerball for my handbag. I picked up mine at Sephora and the gal told me it was one of their best sellers .
Not heavy! Not overly sweet! Just a yummy scent!!!
Alisa T.
Alisa T.
Victorville, CA
Yves Saint Laurent YSL (French pronunciation: ​[iv sɜ̃n lɔ.ʁɑ̃]; also known as Saint Laurent Paris) is a luxury fashion house founded by Yves Saint Laurent and his partner, Pierre Bergé. Saint Laurent Paris revived its haute couture collection in 2015 under creative director Hedi Slimane. The new collection, "Yves Saint Laurent Couture" or "Saint Laurent Paris 24, Rue de L’Université" is the French house's first couture collection ever since the retirement of its legendary founder in 2002.
Lori F.
Lori F.
Schaumburg , Il
Ysl pur couture the mats are fabulous. Lipsticks thy are moisturizing and matte at the same time do not empathize dry patches thy do not tug on your lips or bleed I want all of the colors yes I will shop this brand again I also have eyeshadow palette thy are gorgeous the Limited editions packaging are too die for ysl touche eclat foundation is still one of favorite dewy foundations evens out the complexion and gives a luminous beautiful finish to loose powders beautiful as well
Tatiyana E.
Tatiyana E.
Glendale, CA
Do you think that the products are worth buying why or why not?
Jenn D.
Jenn D.
Yakima , WA
Is this brand expensive?
Katie E.
Katie E.
I've heard of this brand but what's one of their best products they sell??
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
How come the lipsticks are so pricey :-(??
Nora M.
Nora M.
Woodbridge, VA
Where do you shop for this brand?