Add a Photo

Yves Saint Laurent

In January 1958, Yves Saint Laurent (Pierre Niney) — aged merely 21 — was unexpectedly called upon to oversee the legendary Paris fashion house established by recently deceased Christian Dior. During Saint Laurent’s breathtaking and groundbreaking...
Photos (128)
Nani L.
Nani L.
Miami, Florida

I have used several brands of perfume, and I have to admit that if I use Yvresse now it is pure chance. Before I always used J'Adore for the night and Dolce Vita for the day (I love Christian Dior). So on one of my last plane trips, at the Amsterdam airport, I decided to take a stroll around the Duty Free perfumeries since it is well known that airports in this type of article is cheaper than in conventional perfumeries. My intention was to buy J'Adore, but I was also looking at other brands, and on the shelf of Yves Saint Laurent I saw a special offer: a bottle of 100 ml Eau de toilette Legère Yvresse at the price of about 6000 pts at the florin change -peseta. I thought I was lying, I tried the perfume because the truth is that I did not even know about it or heard of it (for me it was completely new in every way), and it was the best success of my life (in acquiring beauty products ).Yvresse exists in two versions: Eau de Toilette Legère and Eau de Parfum; I bought it was Eau Legère, and I have to say it lasts almost as much as a perfume. It has a very pleasant aroma, like floral, and not being perfume, does not impale. What I like most is that it is an aroma that can be used on any occasion, both to go out at night and during the day..
Jacqueline H.
Jacqueline H.
Erie, CO

Simply put: I love YSL! Makeup, perfume, handbags and SHOES (omg, the shoes!) - I have yet to own any clothing from the brand but hope to some day. My main YSL stash is undoubtedly the makeup line. If you haven't had the pleasure, I highly recommend giving their lip products a try. Rouge Pur Couture, Rouge Volupté, Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain, Volupté Tint-In-Oil, Kiss & Blush... The list goes on and on! All feel so luxurious and smooth, perfectly velvety, on the lips! Yes, anything YSL will be an investment. But in my opinion they truly hold their worth. The quality is there and I have no doubt these products will stand the test of time. Another favorite is the Radiant Pressed Powder. Pricey, but AMAZING! I have dry skin and most powders can cling to the tiniest dry patch or come off looking very cakey. Not the case with Radiant Pressed Powder. It is like silk! Gives good coverage, won't settle into fine lines and looks so natural! One last suggestion: Black Opium! My fave scent atm!
Erica N.
Erica N.
Dallas, TX

Black Opium is a dream fragrance. Not only is the bottle chic & stunning, but the scent inside is sexy & comfortable, not cloying or headache-inducing. The fragrance is soft & alluring; sensual but modern. This scent is warm, so it is best worn in cooler seasons or saved for date night. The fragrance lasts quite a while but isn't overbearing. I was fortunate enough to purchase during the holidays when a gift set was available. In the set I purchased I received a full sized bottle of the perfume & a portable rollerball as well. The amazing flacon gets a front row seat in my fragrance collection as I reach for it often. The rollerball is a frequent on holiday or in my purse. I think it's refillable as well. Gorgeous scent that evokes sensuality & extravagance. I will definitely repurchase a full sized bottle when mine runs out.
Irene M.
Irene M.

I want to start today by talking about a colony that I had a lot of years ago already. As I told you many times, at the time when I started to get out, to get dressed and over, I had a taste for smells, totally different from now, used strong and very pronounced aromas which today would not use Not jokingly, there is proof that tastes change over the years.Well, in my early years, as is often said, I use this colony of the Yves Saint Laurent house, Paris is called, and I bought it after trying it because I had a friend of mine and the truth that I loved it.I really like this brand, its clothes and perfumes, so I give a 10/10 to it.
Rose F.
Rose F.
San Antonio, TX

I like this designer brand , I only own a couple of bags and a few pair of shoes, but makeup you name it ! When it comes to beauty it's a must have , the texture of the eyeshadow is beautiful, the highlighter and the stain lip glosses are like Nothing else ! Definitely one of my top 3 brands for lipsticks. I'm currently using the or rouge cream yeux, I only apply it at night, I don't have winkles or fine lines, I bought it because the brand rep. Told me it would heal from inside out, so it's really hard to give and opinion about it, it was pricey compare to similar products but again, it may be working its magic from within :)
Sig r.
Sig r.
Fresh Meadows, NY

As you can probably already tell, this is an extremely high end brand, which I love to drool over while I'm in Sephora. The formula of their lipsticks aren't my favorite, they're a bit too sheer for my liking. The Touche Eclait (Or however you spell it) concealer is amazing though. It is a smooth consistency and does a great job concealing the under eye area. My favorite aspect about it is the beautiful brightening affect it has. All in all, packaging and quality is great, but I still think the prices are ridiculous, which is why I'm giving the company four stars.
Lourraine B.
Lourraine B.
Yonkers, NY

The only really things I have from YSL is their cosmetics. AMAAAAZING line! From nail polishes to concealers. I love them all. The packaging first of all is great, who can resist gold? Secondly, they have amazing concealer and foundation. Their foundation is dewy so it doesn't leave my skin dry and crackly. Thirdly, i looooove their lip products, from their matte and satin lipsticks to their oil base lip tint. Amazing, smells amazing and very vibrant colors.

One thing though, I'm not a very big fan of their mascara and it gets clumpy and flaky.
Amber K.
Amber K.

YSL brand excels in every product they make, weather its makeup, skincare, purses, shoes. I have used a few primers, and foundations from YSL, and they are AMAZING. Super soft, truly like any other product Ive seen. They are expensive, but what else do you expect from a high end designer brand! You do get your moneys worth, because there products are amazing. I have a few Purses from YSL also, the tassle bag, Matelasse, Pebble bag. Really amazing high quality bags. I use my Matelasse bag every day, and not even one thread has come loose.
Trina W.
Trina W.
Ogden, UT

I recently purchased the YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils. I was so excited to try this after reading about it, and when I did the results were amazing. My lashes were voluminous, thick and very stunning. I was so excited when I saw the results. However, it was short lived. Later in the day I was able to look in the mirror. I had huge raccoon eyes and needed to try and fix them. It would not budge from under my eyes and I eventually had to use a little soap from work to get the smudges out from under my eyes. I ended up returning the product.
Nardie C.
Nardie C.
Bronx, NY

Ysl has such amazing luxury looks it's incredibly gorgeous. Although the they are way out of my budget. The makeup is amazing but unfortunately I'm not a fan of their lip collections. Only because of that perfume taste and smell that does not fit for every lips. Most woman love that feeling but too me if it's too perfume-ish ... It's what makes it least favorite on my list. The one thing I'm curious about is the exalt pens. I heard so many reviews I would love to try but I believe ysl is the most elegant luxury brand I've seen.
Tatiyana E.
Tatiyana E.
Glendale, CA

Do you think that the products are worth buying why or why not?
Jenn D.
Jenn D.
Yakima, WA

Is this brand expensive?
Katie E.
Katie E.

I've heard of this brand but what's one of their best products they sell??
Melissa G.
Melissa G.

How come the lipsticks are so pricey :-(??
Nora M.
Nora M.
Woodbridge, VA

Where do you shop for this brand?

Join Now