BY YOUNIQUE #53 in Mascara

Reintroducing: Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+

The world renowned, three-step formula has been recreated from the ground up, and the result is a product that is: Bolder. Bigger. Better. It’s a complete reboot, and it will boost your lash look like never before. See up to a 500% increase in average volume* with your first coat.

* Averaged results observed in independent laboratory testing, when compared against bare lashes. Two coats provide up to a 900% increase in average volume.

Amanda R.
As my profile reads, and as I might mention upon reviewing other mascaras - and believe me, it gets old to me as well - I have very thin very short lashes.
I had chemotherapy 10 years ago- the dreaded Taxotere, which even now my lashes, brows and hair on head is baby fine and never came back to being very thick, full, long and curly. Not to mention now thyroid issues, among other junk.
Soooo I decided to take the dive and try this mascara as I saw how it worked for a very fair skinned and haired friend.
Before going into all the particulars - this is the best mascara I have used !
It has totally met my expectations + !!
My lashes can be made to lengths I had never ever seen them besides fake lashes, and
the thickness is out of this world.
But... if you had never used, there are tricks, and playings with to get it right for you.
You do not want fibers ( and clumps) falling all into your eyes, on your face, and down into your cleavage ! Thank goodness fibers are dry, and seemingly never left black smudges on my skin.
A base coat of regular mascara or a lash base and mascara must be applied.
Then I hold both tubes ( gel and fibers) in one hand - apply gel from roots to tips, and immediately apply fibers from the middle of the lashes ( not at the root/base of lash line) ,
maybe wriggling the brush a bit to fill in areas.
I then let set or cure for a few seconds before another coat of gel.
For me, I can do up to 5 applications . I have that little of lashes.
I apply Maybelline Stiletto (waterproof) as the base, and Maybelline Falsies (waterproof)
as a "top coat". These 3D mascs seem to not come in a waterproof formula.
If you happen to pull out a clump of fibers, simply push them back into tube with end of brush.
I clean up my eyes from fibers - water lines /inside lash lines, and lower lids with a damp Q-tip.
I have purchased mine on Ebay - I look for the "2fer" deals - like 2 for $14.00 or so.
I have purchased some cheaper brands - they are OKAY. Younique has topped them all.
The only complaint I have is that the gel runs out sooner than the fibers.
I have 3 tubes of gel with 1 in use, and about 5 tubes of fibers with 1 at use. :/
I make sure my gel tubes do not get splunged and plunged with air while using,
I close tightly and never had a messy ring around the rims, I even place tubes in a mug of hot water when I think is running low - but to no avail...it simply runs out first. :(
I use to use in combo Maybelline Stiletto and Falsies , or false lashes, but now use the 3D fiber.

Ashley K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let me start by saying, wow! After losing nearly all my lashes on my left eye due to stress, I started using this mascara. Within a very short time I noticed new growth (much more than normal) and my normal very brittle lashes were softer and staying put.
As if that wasn't awesome enough, I love how thick and long this mascara makes my lashes. No flaking off, no smudging under my eyes.
All around great product if used correctly.
When using, apply gel coat first.
Before applying the fibers, roll the brush on the back of your clean hand. Doing this will compact the fibers and will allow for easier application and less likely to get fibers in your eyes.
Follow by another coat of gel.
Always make sure your last coat is gel. This seals in the fibers so they don't get in your eyes.
Do as many layers as you like, I usually use 2.
Finish with "blow drying" your lashes up. Use the lowest heat setting and lowest speed. This will not only curl your lashes but it also blows away fallout
Kaitlyn S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay. I am COMPLETELY torn over this mascara. Some things I love: they make my lashes POP, so much so that my boyfriend actually noticed! The super black color is awesome! I do love the length and volume I get. Some things I don't love: the process completely relies upon you not letting things dry. So you have to quick, which means I'm constantly knocking things over trying to be quick and then I get messy. Which leads me to getting the fuzzy fibers in my eyes which then leads to CLUMPING! these things clump and never let go. Then after all that, there are tiny flakes of fuzz fallout that lands on my cheeks and nose and it freaked me out cause it looked like I was growing stray black hairs! But they brush away! But throughout the day, the worst thing is the fibers falling down the lash and into your eyes. These things are distracting to your sight because you can SEE the chunky fibers in your lashes. I'm so conflicted on these, I guess I'll just use them till they dry up.
Kla B.
Bardstown, KY
In all reality the product does add body to your lashes, but its not very consistant of course just like any other fiber mascara. I do love the fiber lashes when I am going out, but i still have to brush through my lashes to remove the big clumps of fibers. Not to mention that the fibers tend to fall off the spoilly as you are applying them and get all over your face. AND OMG if this stuff gets in your eye you might as well forget that beautiful eye look you just created. I have tried and use plenty of mascaras however I don't think that I have ever had one burn my eyes or make them water that way that this product does if any of it get into my actual eyes. Personal opinion it does do what it says it does and of course if you aren't staisfied with it at first you can continue to add extra coats to your eyes... But keep in mind it does get very clumpy and stiff. I feel like I rip 10 eye lashes out ever time I try ot take this stuff off. Hope it helped, happy shopping yall!
Mackenzie L.
At first I was extremely skeptical of this product at the time when it first came out and did not really understand how it worked after a couple applications the product does exactly what it says it will do it made my lashes double if not triple in the length and volume making them very dark and voluminous my eyelashes look fake and they looked amazing ! My main issue with this product is they only look good for the first couple of minutes within being done after that wearing out in public or just around the house did not serve as a well-done product there was a lot of fall out as far as the fibers they would collect under my eyes making my eyes look dirty or as if I had mascara dots all over my bottom eyelid also the fibers would consistently fall out and get in my eyeball making for an uncomfortable mascara consistently picking fibers out and blinking trying to regain my vision. Looks great for pictures but not an all day wear mascara
riz z.
Flushing, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had tried Yonique before and was hesitant to order again as last time it was a hot mess. My lashes were falling down shortly after applying the mascara and I looked like I had two spiders on my eyes because it was so thick.

I am SO GLAD that I tried it. The new formula gives you INSTANT length, volume, and body and people think I have eyelash extensions. This is after only one application (I like to keep it light). This is my new mascara and I am super pleased with it.

Please feel free to ask in the comment section and I will try to respond. If my review has been helpful for you, feel free to let me know and I will continue to help people make informed purchasing decisions.

*Please note* I do update my reviews based off need. If I love a product one week and it falls apart the next, I will let you know. I try to keep all of my reviews current and up to date. I would love to hear your feedback!
Cherisse B.
This is the first fiber lash product I have ever tried and I was very surprised at the really good
results it gives. I have medium length lashes and this makes my eye lashes look crazy long and and voluminous!

Application is fairly easy but can get a little messy due to the fibers falling onto the skin but u can just brush them off and remember to put that second layer to seal it.

I wouldn't use this product every day, only when I want to get very dramatic lashes on some special occasions or when i just want to look extra fab on a regular day.

This does tend to have minimal clumping but that is expected for a product that has to be applied in layers but the overall effect is so
beautiful. Also, when your lashes finally set and dry, they feel SUPER soft, not like other mascaras that leave your lashes feeling stiff.
Natasha S.
New Bern, NC
I enjoy this mascara seems to work well. I only use one application for more normal looks. Never been able to get the look like they do in the pics. Guessing it is like 5-6 apps of it. I use this more for special days and night about. Seems to wear off tho throughout the day but maybe that is because I only apply one app. It can look clumpy some id you try to do to much at once but normally I do not have clump problem. I used to love the old packaging don't care so much for the new package now. I do like the fact that they have added a window to be able to view how much product is left but The bag that holds the mascara catches on it constantly when trying to take it out of the package and not sure how long this will last but price is a little high. But overall it does pretty good to get a slight false look.
Hanna M.
Springdale, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my go-to mascara for the longest time. I'd always used drug-store mascaras before this, and I'd never found one I really liked. After investing in Younique Fiber Lash Mascara I fell in LOVE with it. I've been using it for months. It adds length and thickens, which are the two qualities I really look for in a mascara. The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 is because it does cause a bit of clumping if you aren't careful, and the fibers do cause a little fallout. It also, and this may be just me, leaves a few little black streaks right under my eyebrow from where my lashes touch my skin. I'm not even sure how that happens because there's no way my eyelashes are that long, but it happens every time, so I have to always be aware and check constantly to make sure I get it off.
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this mascara pack.
Love: it does make your eyelashes look longer, it stays put for about 5 hours, & the black is black black.
Hate: this makes your eyelashes look crispy, it's a 2-3 step process, it's a messy process, and the fiber mascara (last step) sometimes can be annoying because the fibers may or may not fall off into your eyes immediately after applying them but as the day goes on fibers will start to fall regardless..

I would love this product if the fibers were more thin themselves, that way giant chunks wouldn't fall into your eyes at any given moment. This product was produced to make eyelashes look like they have more volume which it does. It does what it says it does. The mess is the only big issue I have.
Miranda O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this product worth the money?
Janet M.
Fresno, CA
Do the fibers fall off and get into your eye like some mascara does?
Kellene S.
Summerville, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have little to no eyelash volume/thickness. Maybe that's an exaggeration but my lashes need help. Is this product worth the money? Does it live up to the hype? Is it easy to apply for primal results?? Let me know your thoughts!
Joanna R.
Oxnard , Ca
I hear this is dangerous to use ?ive been wanting to try but my friends say its too clumpy
Jessica R.
Jonesborough, TN
If i used this product how likely would i stop using my everyday brand, and switch to this?