Yoshi's New Island (Nintendo 3DS)

by Nintendo

Yoshi is back and he s bustin out the big eggs. Crush your surroundings and create paths with his new mega eggdozers in a brand-new platforming adventure! It ll take more than egg tosses and flutter jumps to lead fledgling mario through a dangerous new island littered with inventive power-ups. Can you save poor luigi? guide yoshi and a young mario through all-new stages, from slippery slopes to watery wonderlands. As yoshi fans know, it s all about the collectibles and they re more enticing than ever to find. You ll need the new mega eggdozers to beat puzzling platforming moments and locate every...

hello all! how long did it take you to complete this game?
How similar is this game to the original Yoshi's Island for the N64?
I am thinking of getting this game for my 8 year old daughter for Christmas. Will it be an easy game for her to play?
Start your review of Yoshi's New Island (Nintendo 3DS)!
Akron, OH
Gamer Expert Level 2
I played Yoshi's Island back in the day on the SNES. It was my favorite game. I got this for the DS last year. It's hard! I have to complete each level at 100%. I love learning all the secrets and finding the red coins. But it's hard. I'll be coming back to this and the regular Yoshi's Island for years.
Wildwood, FL
Yoshi's Island is, and will always be, my favorite. Yoshi's New Island takes a classic game and puts a modern spin on it. My favorite new feature is the amiibo compatibility, which allows you to have a second character on screen in one player mode. I recommend this game to all my classic game loving friends, as it is a blast to play. There are a good number of levels so you don't beat the game too quickly, and you can even change the Yoshi character you play with! I am a huge fan of this game. I enjoy playing by myself and with my significant other, and I definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a side scrolling game that's not too difficult to play and loads of fun.
I thought this game was fun and easy to play. I played Yoshi's Island on my hand it advance and I was excited that this one came out. It's similar to a remake of the original with new features for the 3DS. Since it is now a Nintendo Selects Game you can get this for $20 which is a good price since it used to be $40. All In all its a good game but there are definitely better ones out there.
This game didn't meet the expectations I had for it. I played Yoshi's Island growing up and was really excited when I bought this one. Went through the game quickly as it wasn't challenging whatsoever. I found myself only playing for little increments at a time after beating it the first time because it got boring.
Lexington, SC
Gamer Expert Level 2
I was sorely disappointed with this version of Yoshi's Island. I've been playing these games since the first introduction of the game on SNES. This was a major letdown. Controls are weird, the levels aren't as much fun and just because the graphics are better, doesn't make a better.
Pinckney, MI
Another amazing YOSHI'S Island game. This time around, we have the same premise as the other YOSHI'S Island game (platform style levels hunting for flowers and various other items in each level) with some nice graphic improvement. The game length feels good, nothing too long, but it still has meat to it. Entertaining challenges and cute animations. Overall, great game.
Richmond, VA
I got this game for Christmas last year and I really enjoyed! I had the original Yoshi's Island game for DS when I was in elementary school, so it was cool to see where they took it! However I was a little disappointed with this game in comparison to the older one, I really liked the other baby's on the old game and was upset when I realized you didn't get them with the newer one. Overall it was a lot of fun and would recommend it to others!
Frederick, Md
Initially I bought this game for me....I love the Mario franchise and have almost all the games..but my son ended up "borrowing" this and I'm assuming he loves it since I have yet to see it again.
Oklahoma City, OK
I love Yoshi's New Island! I literally stayed up all night playing it the first night I got it. I wish there were more worlds and levels though. I flew through the whole game without even realizing it. It's such a beautiful game though, the graphics are very well done.
Ottawa, KS
When i was younger i used to love mario and yoshi games! i had them all so when this came out i knew i had to buy it. for my son of course ;) he loved it as much as i did
Ask a question to the Influenster community...