Pet SuppliesCat SuppliesCat LitterYesterday's News
Yesterday’s News Non-Clumping Original Formula Unscented Cat Litter

Yesterday’s News® Non-Clumping Original Formula Unscented Cat Litter

Made with recycled paper and packaged in a recyclable bag (where facilities exist). That’s how Tidy does litter that’s good for your cat and for the planet.

[product:purina-yesterdays-news-unscented-original-texture-cat-litter-5-lb-bag] The product claims to be nonclumping and low tracking. Can anyone confirm this? I'm looking for a new low tracking litter. Thanks!
After awhile, does smell funky?
Where do they sell this? I worked for a vet and we had specially order it. I didn't even know they stillage it.
Start your review of Yesterday’s News® Non-Clumping Original Formula Unscented Cat Litter!
Alli M.
Suwanee, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
I have three cats and I fill all of their litter boxes with this! Our vet recommended this because on of my cats has a problem with UTIs and the crystals in most liters can contribute to female cats developing problems with UTIs. This also helps with the smell of feces and urine. I recommended this to anyone with a cat!
Na'Kia H.
Atlanta, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I just couldn't figure out how to use this stuff, it's necessary if your cat has had a surgery or something, and it does last a very very long time, but scooping and clean up is tricky, also the cats like playing with it too much so it gets everywhere
Jocelyn S.
Honolulu, HI
Purchased at: Amazon
My free roam bunnies are potty trained to use litter boxes. I’ve tried 3 different types of litter: 1) Carefresh natural small pet bedding 2) Small Pet Select natural paper bedding 3) Purina Yesterday’s News non clumping unscented low tracking paper cat litter (this item) #3 Yesterday’s News is by far my favorite. It’s the most cost efficient option, more compact so it takes much less storage (it expands to absorb liquid), and also works better than #1 and #2. Because of the weight of the paper pellets, it stays in the box unlike other lighter weight litters plus it is way less dusty. #3 is the only one that looks almost exactly like rabbit pellets- but I haven’t had any issues with my rabbits trying to eat this or any of the different varieties of litter.
Elizabeth R.
North Liberty, IA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Works great for after my cats front-declaw. It’s soft on the paws so it not only doesn’t hurt him, but also makes him continue to use the litter box properly.
eunice L.
Westford, MA
I've already reviewed this product but I love this litter to use in my rabbits litter box. It's easy to clean up and it contains smell well. Not all litters are rabbit safe, but this one is. I also love that the packaging is recyclable.
Jeanette Z.
Not as good on odor as other brands I've tried. I like that the pellets are smaller. When they fall on the ground, it isn't as painful to step on them as other brands I've tried. My cats like it well enough, but I can't say they are too picky when it comes to litter.
Jennefer W.
Norfolk, VA
I love that this litter is very low tracking, however it does nothing for the smell. I am unable to scoop any of it out. I have found that if I pour about 5 cups worth of product in the litterbox I am able to completely dump the entire thing in 2 days. I have 3 cats, and for now they all are using the same box so keeping up with their usages is quite a challenge.
Hannah K.
Liverpool, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Great product for cats, NO tracking at all. I actually also use this for my pet rats and they seem to use the litter box a lot more with this kind. Unscented of course.
Mary B.
This is great litter! It doesn't track across the house and doesn't affect allergies. It doesn't have a smell to it and that a plus. My family doesn't like the perfumey smelling litter. It soaks up nicely and is easy to clean up.
Tanisha W.
Crystal City, MO
I only used this per my veterinarians orders after my kitten got declawed. It was hard to scoop, didn't clump or cover smell, and it looked like Guinea Pig food. BUT, my kittens claws healed perfectly due to these qualities.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Jennefer W.
Norfolk, VA
il y a 2 ans
Yesterday’s News® Non-Clumping Original Formula Unscented Cat Litter The product claims to be nonclumping and low tracking. Can anyone confirm this? I'm looking for a new low tracking litter. Thanks!
Hannah K. il y a 2 ans
This is a great NO tracking litter as it is actually little pellets of rolled newspaper. I work with this at my job and it’s great. I’d be weary switching from clay to this very fast because some cats can be pretty picky about that. I would recommend mixing them at first so they get used to it. I also enjoy the scented kind, it’s not a strong smell like a lot of clay litters. Hope this helps!