Yes Please by Amy Poehler uploaded by Sarah O.Yes Please by Amy Poehler uploaded by Evalyn C.

BY AMY POEHLER

Do you want to get to know the woman we first came to love on Comedy Central's Upright Citizens Brigade? Do you want to spend some time with the lady who made you howl with laughter on Saturday Night Live, and in movies like Baby Mama, Blades of Glory, and They Came Together? Do you find yourself daydreaming about hanging out with the actor behind the brilliant Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation? Did you wish you were in the audience at the last two Golden Globes ceremonies, so you could bask in the hilarity of Amy's one-liners?

If your answer to these questions is "Yes Please!" then you are in luck. In her first book, one of our most beloved funny folk delivers a smart, pointed, and ultimately inspirational read. Full of the comedic skill that makes us all love Amy, Yes Please is a rich and varied collection of stories, lists, poetry (Plastic Surgery Haiku, to be specific), photographs, mantras and advice. With chapters like "Treat Your Career Like a Bad Boyfriend," "Plain Girl Versus the Demon" and "The Robots Will Kill Us All" Yes Please will make you think as much as it will make you laugh. Honest, personal, real, and righteous, Yes Please is full of words to live by.

• Amy Pohler or Tina Fey? 1 Answers
  • I love her but is this a book something that's worth reading? Did...4 Answers
  • I love Amy! How is this book? 7 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Michaela C.
I listened to "Yes Please" on tape, and I'm so glad I did.  Amy Poehler is fantastic at narrating her own stories, but also includes her parents and friends as guest narrators, which added so much to the book.  She's funny and insightful, and everyone should read this book!
Melissa K.
Fountain Hill, PA
I love this book and I love Amy Poehler! She did a great job of a narrating her life without being long winded and boring, as sometimes celebrity memoirs can be. I really enjoyed my time reading this and it just made me admire Amy Poehler even more! I definitely recommend this book!
Katy R.
Shawnee , KS
Cute, biting, hilarious and at times very honest and real. Just like the actress we all love! She does a great job at navigating through her stories with her quick wit and humor.
Allie L.
Amy Poehler is one of my all time favorite people and I admire her so much, so it was a no brainer when it came to reading this book. It lets you into her life in a way that you can't get just from interviews or watching her on TV. It's like she was speaking directly to me and giving me some of the best advice I had ever heard. At times, I couldn't relate to her life (obviously because I'm not an uber famous comedian), but most of the time her stories resonated with me in one way or another. This is a book you can (and should) go back to again and again. Her advice and stories are timeless.
Katherine R.
Pittsburgh , PA
What a straight up KWEEN. Amy Poehler never stops making me fall in love with her. This look into her journey from just a girl doing improv to the star she is today is a must read for anyone looking to enter show business in some way. She talks about being a mother, her experiences on SNL, Parks and Recreation, her time with the Upright Citizens Brigade, jobs she took to make ends meet and so much more. Of course, the whole book is full of her unique comedy. A must read if you love memoirs!
Emily L.
I was so excited to read this book because i was seeing it everywhere and i also love amy poehler. It was interesting to learn the back story of how she got into comedy and acting but i expected a little more from it considering how entertaining she is. Some parts were just a little hard to read through because it was like she was jumping from one thought to another
Rebecca H.
Cincinnati, OH
I LOVED this book! Amy poehler is such a real and wonderful human being and I am so inspired by her. I absolutely loved reading her book and gaining insight from her. So many parts of this book made me laugh out loud and there were also many parts where I felt understood and inspired
Cheryl B.
I read Bossypants by Tina Fey and was excited to read this thinking it'd be similar. I don't know what it was but I didn't think it was as funny as Fey's. I think it was the balance of story-telling and humor that wasn't right for me. I really wanted to like it but didn't even finish it. I like Amy Poehler on TV and in movies, she's funny, but for me, it didn't translate to the page.
Chaya B.
I haven't read this book yet but I am dying to. I have heard such great and wonderful things about it. I love Amy Poehler, she is hilarious. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book, so that I can finally see for myself what everyone is raving about!
Camila A.
Bookworm Expert
This book is very overrated, in my opinion. I had super high expectations about it and really wanted to love it, but I couldn't. Overall I didn't like it, I thought some of the jokes Amy Poehler made were distasteful and I was quite disappointed.
Amy S.
Roseville, MN
Is this book worth the read?
Mariah P.
I love Amy! How is this book?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , ON
Is this book good ? Did it make you laugh ?
RoseAnn H.
Was this an easy book to read? Some autobiographies get boring and are hard to really get into....does this read like a traditional autobiography or is it told more like a story?
Maria Laura M.
miami, FL
What is this book about?