Yelp uploaded by Cassie R.

BY YELP #62 in Apps

Top-ranked Yelp for your iPhone or iPad has over 50 million reviews on businesses worldwide — all in the palm of your hand. Whether you are looking for a pizzeria that is open now or a coffee shop nearby, Yelp is your local guide to finding just the place to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play. • Discover great local businesses. • Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services. • Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now. • Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals. • Get to know a business through beautiful photos. • Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses. • Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app. • Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own! see more...

Yelp
  • "I love leaving reviews of places I love (or don't love) and seeing what other people have to say before trying new places." in 5 reviews
Shalom C.
Raleigh , NC
Techie Expert Level 1
Yelp is a great app if you’re trying to find all the negative things about a particular place. I also like how business owners can’t pay to have bad reviews removed. The downside to this app is you’re more likely to find bad reviews than good ones because that’s the app’s reputation: if you’re unhappy with service, leave a bad yelp review.
Cara A.
Buffalo, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
Honestly, I started out using Yelp without just commenting and checking places out.  Then I had an AWFUL experience at a local comic shop with a very misogynistic man and decided to post about it, which lead to me using it for posting pictures and positive reviews.  Now I am a Yelp Elite and I am obsessed with this app!  I have discovered so many new places, I have made new friends, and as a Yelp Elite, I love the perks of getting invites to private events to check out new places to eat and drink.  Download it. Start using it.  Have fun! Zero complaints here.
Del Marie G.
Durango, CO
Yelp is one of THE most helpful apps ! I use it everwhere I go! I hate traveling and then getting stuck eating somewhere bad because I don’t know the area and what’s good. Yelp allows me to seek out the best rated places, see menu, prices and more!
Lauren G.
Fairfax, VA
Techie Expert Level 1
I love the yelp app. It helps me discover great places to eat and drink when I go on vacation or am exploring a new area. I can search by type of food that I'm craving and even get ideas on what entrees to order. You can now reserve your table on the app or get cash back for eating out at select places.
Julia T.
Hoboken, NJ
Hands down one of my most used apps (second to Influenster of course). Meeting a friend? In a new place? Or just want to mix things up, this is by far my go-to app for my next food destination. I trust the reviews and the pictures definitely help! No excuses for going to a bad restaurant!
Laura R.
Pittsburgh
Techie Expert Level 1
Yelp is so addicting! Every time I want to eat, shop, or visit a new place, I look at the reviews. It's fun and exciting to see what other people have to say about different places. At home, I just use the app. At the library, I just use the website.
Brooke A.
St Clr Shores, MI
I use Yelp all the time. I love how I can read real reviews by real people to pick the best places to eat and be entertained. I also love their new cash back feature where you can get 7% cash back for dining at certain places.
Lexi W.
Techie Expert Level 1
Big fan of Yelp!! We loves reading the reviews of restaurants for places that we have not trued before. Great reviews for the good, bad and ugly of to eat and not to eat!!!
Aiyana B.
Techie Expert Level 3
I ADORE Yelp! I can’t remember why I started reviewing places in the first place, but I love to give everything ratings! (Hence Influenster ;) ) I quickly became Elite my first year, and since then I have gotten invited to so many neat exclusive VIP parties! You have to be over 21 to attend them in SLC, Utah, not certain how that is everywhere else. I have discovered so many new incredible places from Yelp, met new people, AND avoided certain places like the plague. It’s genius! I take it everywhere I go, check in every place, and have reviewed all over the US. Such a unique, innovative company!! Love the app, it’s easy to maneuver.
Rin Y.
BROOKLYN, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
You don't leave the house without Yelp. You don't travel without Yelp. Unless you're THAT adventurous. I like that Yelp gives me the opportunity to see the location before I step inside. I like that I can see the menu if I want to, or the price range of the place to decide if I want to go inside. I alway feel really awkward if I were to go inside a store and leave cause I didn't see anything interesting...so Yelp helps me out of that. Reviews, though, they can be taken as a suggestion, someone may think that the Russian lady at the counter is rude, but she's actually really nice. (sometimes.)
Sam O.
Toledo, OH
Are the reviews accurate?
April E.
Techie Expert Level 4
Am I the only that writes a lot more about a bad experience than a good one?
Marcello D.
Beaufort, NC
Will Yelp ever consider putting restaurant health grades on the listings?
Mika G.
What are the best Yelp features?
Skylar S.