Yelp uploaded by Bonita S.Yelp uploaded by Bonita S.Yelp uploaded by Cassie R.

BY YELP #56 in Apps

Top-ranked Yelp for your iPhone or iPad has over 50 million reviews on businesses worldwide — all in the palm of your hand. Whether you are looking for a pizzeria that is open now or a coffee shop nearby, Yelp is your local guide to finding just the place to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play. • Discover great local businesses. • Search for nearby restaurants, shops, and services. • Filter search results by neighborhood, distance, rating, price, and what’s open now. • Read millions of reviews written by a community of active, expert locals. • Get to know a business through beautiful photos. • Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses. • Look up addresses and phone numbers, call a business, or make reservations directly from the app. • Write reviews, check-in to businesses, upload photos, and add tips of your own! see more...

Yelp
  • "I love leaving reviews of places I love (or don't love) and seeing what other people have to say before trying new places." in 5 reviews
Teresa N.
Techie Expert Level 1
I love pulling this app up when I'm in a new place. I'm quite the foodie so I always enjoy eating what the locals eat and love. Yelp is constantly making updates with it's capabilities. I used to only use it to check out reviews, tips, and recommendations close by. Today I'm able to do all of those on top of make reservations, order food via mobile, etc.

As digital marketing expands it's only right that Yelp grows with technology. Yelp Elite are those who are active on Yelp with reviews, pictures, tips, etc. They are nominated by other Yelpers and are usually invited to Yelp Elite events which are pretty exclusive. I've noticed Yelp has changed quite a bit. Everyone is a self-made food critic thanks to this app. At times, I feel restaurants buy their reviews from hosting Yelp Elite Events but when I see a Yelp Elite give their honest opinion I then have faith in humanity again.

Regardless of this, Yelp is a very useful app. It's very informative but take every review with a grain of salt. You'll be able to tell reviews that are helpful to reviews that are just plain salty people.
Sadie P.
Denver, CO
Techie Expert Level 1
Yelp is a fun way to read and post reviews on local businesses. You can search and discover the description of places in your area and also learn about specials they may have, and details such as store hours, phone numbers, addresses and often times even pictures of the location. As well as yelp member shared photos of their experiences. Sometimes you can even order food, make reservations and even find coupon specials offered via the yelp app.
Kristine A.
Techie Expert Level 1
I love Yelp, especially while traveling. It’s a great way to get tips and recommendations at different restaurants and bars. I like that you can not only bookmark businesses, but also group them into different lists and write notes, like who recommended it to you or what show you saw it on. I also like that people upload their own photos, like of menus, what it looks like inside the business, and real photos of the food, not just the professionally styled ones on the website. It’s also pretty accurate about hours, payments, and other info.
erika z.
Whenever I go to a new place, I ALWAYS check Yelp for reviews and photos so that I have an idea of what to expect. Before installing the app, I'd go to google on my phone and click on a place, but when you're on mobile, you can't see all the reviews and all the photos. It always tells you to get the app. Finally, since I was using Yelp so much, I decided to get the app, and honestly, it's been so useful.
Shalom C.
Raleigh , NC
Techie Expert Level 1
Yelp is a great app if you’re trying to find all the negative things about a particular place. I also like how business owners can’t pay to have bad reviews removed. The downside to this app is you’re more likely to find bad reviews than good ones because that’s the app’s reputation: if you’re unhappy with service, leave a bad yelp review.
Lydia B.
Ave Maria, FL
Super helpful app! It lets you look at restaurants by price, popularity, type of food, etc. It met all my expectations and more. One of the best features is that a lot of places have offers for when you check in. Such as a free appetizer or 10% your meal. I would recommend downloading this app especially if you're a foodie.
Cara A.
Buffalo, NY
Techie Expert Level 1
Honestly, I started out using Yelp without just commenting and checking places out.  Then I had an AWFUL experience at a local comic shop with a very misogynistic man and decided to post about it, which lead to me using it for posting pictures and positive reviews.  Now I am a Yelp Elite and I am obsessed with this app!  I have discovered so many new places, I have made new friends, and as a Yelp Elite, I love the perks of getting invites to private events to check out new places to eat and drink.  Download it. Start using it.  Have fun! Zero complaints here.
Tori R.
Clovis, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I use yelp religiously! I love how I can look up any place I want to, see reviews from people, see the price range, distance from me and the time it’s open to when it closes! Photos of food at restaurants is great too! I like to be able to see what my food looks like before I order it!!
Del Marie G.
Durango, CO
Yelp is one of THE most helpful apps ! I use it everwhere I go! I hate traveling and then getting stuck eating somewhere bad because I don’t know the area and what’s good. Yelp allows me to seek out the best rated places, see menu, prices and more!
Una p.
Long Is City, NY
I used Yelp all the time, but since I noticed that it is not as truthful as it seams I don’t think it is reliable anymore. People buy the reviews with free drinks... Yelpers go to private events... don’t feel it’s my kind of app anymore
Sam O.
Toledo, OH
Are the reviews accurate?
April S.
Oklahoma City, OK
Techie Expert Level 4
Am I the only that writes a lot more about a bad experience than a good one?
Marcello D.
Beaufort, NC
Will Yelp ever consider putting restaurant health grades on the listings?
Mika G.
What are the best Yelp features?
Skylar S.