BY YELLOW TAIL

[yellow tail] shiraz wine 1.5 l see more...

Nikki S.
Nikki S.
Richmond, IN
More in line with m JB expectations for a Shiraz, this bottle smelled of butterscotch, vanilla, and ripe cherry, which we also tasted with each sip. This wine had decent structure from bright acidity and stronger tannins than the Cab, but was still smooth, especially after a few minutes of airing out. While this wine was also sweeter than the Cab and is definitely not for those who shy away from oak, the juice wasn't too cloying or fake-tasting and was a good match for the hint of smokiness that came through.
Sara E.
Sara E.
Ankeny, IA
I'm not normally a red wine person, but I got this from a friend as a gift so of course I had to try it. Not dry but not very sweet, but for some reason the more of it I drank the more sour/bitter it started to taste to me. It just wasn't smooth enough for me to choke down. But I'm more of a sweet, white wine kind of gal. Sorry shiraz, but this just wasn't the right red wine to convert me.
Marlena S.
Marlena S.
Happy Hour Expert
I don't really like all the Yellow Tail varietals but this Shiraz is pretty good! The Shiraz/Syrah grape makes some of the strongest wines. This Yellow Tail brand Shiraz has notes of blackberries, coffee, currants and chocolate. It's very smooth but bold. It pairs well with heavy sauces, meats and strong cheeses. You can usually find it for under $12. It's a great buy!
Jaclyn P.
Jaclyn P.
Yellow Tail isn't the most quality wine in the world & I tend to stay away from their whites as I find them way too sweet - but I don't mind their Shiraz. I think it is a great, cheap option in a pinch - like when you are expecting a lot of guests and don't want to shell out $$$ for more expensive bottles.
Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.
Happy Hour Expert
I feel like this is the type of wine that your friend who doesn't know about wine brings to a party. Overall, it's not like it's terrible wine, but I've also gotten the chance to see what really great wine tastes like, and I wouldn't willingly purchase something from Yellow Tail at this point.
Mercedes L.
Mercedes L.
Far Rockaway, NY
Happy Hour Expert
Very nice, but it was not sweet enough for me, but still nice. The packaging is elegant looking and the bottle has a nice smooth shape. Some Yellow Tail's are slightly sweet, but this one is not, but still has a nice taste. I would buy it again, I drink it with pastry to add some sweetness.
Randi Y.
Randi Y.
Happy Hour Expert
This is the most disgusting thing I've ever ingested. Granted, I'm not a fan of red wine, but I can usually get it down without gagging. My friend bought this accidentally and had a group of us all try it without warning and we were alllll disgusted. This stuff tastes like rotten meat. ūüėę
Sara J.
Sara J.
Keller, TX
Yellow Tail in general is a great budget option for wine and easy to find at most grocery stores. I do like this Shiraz a lot, again for a budget option. It's got nice bold flavor, but not over with boldness. I recommend this wine when you want something good without spending a lot.
Lekea H.
Lekea H.
Clinton , OK
The yellow tail wine is good. its pretty smooth and crisp. great price for the wine and one that i think is great for the hotter summer months, for the price you can have a great ladies night just sitting at home watching some great movies. i would recommend to those one a budget.
Brandy M.
Brandy M.
Columbus, OH
This was given to me as a gift I was pleasantly surprised. Not a big red drinker but I would purchase this again. Not dry was actually sweet and had a great flavor. Great value for the price the bottle was huge for the cost. Definately will keep a bottle in my wine bar.
gabriela m.
gabriela m.
Neptune, NJ
What about the price?
SAMANTHA S.
SAMANTHA S.
Waldorf, MD
I haven't tried this... I normally stick with moscato, how does this compare?
Jasmine A.
Jasmine A.
Port Arthur, TX
How is this wine? Taste?
Marie W.
Marie W.
APO AE, CA
What is the alcohol content for this one?
Jamie L.
Jamie L.
Richmond , BC
Favorite stories being buzzed on this wine?