Yaye: Group fitness motivation

Let’s face it, it’s no fun working out by yourself, and getting fit with someone is a great way to stay in touch. Yaye gives you a way to get (and give) that little extra push to get active and moving and stay close with your friends and family no matter where they are. Set and achieve goals and lose weight together as you chat, share and show photos of your progress and encourage each other in a fun, effective and enjoyable way.

Here is how it works:

Form a group and set a simple weekly health goal (e.g. I want to work out five times a week). Your other group members will do the same. Each time someone does something towards that goal they take a photo and share their progress with their group. Along the way we provide analytics, challenges and suggestions to keep everyone active. So whether you’re trying to get your family members to be active, get fit with your old buddies from high school or prepare for that upcoming big day, Yaye has you covered.

User Quotes:

· “Yaye motivates me to work out. How can I expect my Mom to workout if I don’t? I need to lead by example.”

· “Yaye helped me lose 6.5lbs in two weeks”

· “As a result of Yaye, I’ve had more communication with my son in the 16 years since he’s left for college”

Features:

· Get fit with multiple groups: Set up different groups for your friends and family, so you can compete with your friends in one group and encourage your family to get active in another.

· In-built Pedometer: Even if you haven’t put on your tracksuit Yaye knows you’ve been moving and counts all those steps that you do everyday. No external gadgets required.

· Chat instantly with your group: Encourage, trash-talk, inspire your group via instant messaging, without having to pay for SMS charges (provided you have an adequate internet data plan for your smartphone)

· Track your progress: Use Yaye to track what you’ve done against your goal - it’s as easy as taking a photo.

· Useful stats to keep you moving: Yaye will tell you how you and your group is doing, and provide suggestions for things to do to keep things interesting and fun.

· Synchronize your workouts with HealthKit (for iphones)

Compatability:

Yaye is currently only supported on most Android and iPhone smartphones.

· Yaye for Android requires Android OS 4.0 or later

· Yaye for iPhone requires iOS 8.0 or later.

Has anyone used this?
Is the app worth it ?
Is there a way to disable sound for the notifications?
Start your review of Yaye: Group fitness motivation!
How would you rate this product?
Oak Harbor, WA
I wanted to like this app more than I did. I think it was more a motivational piece. My friends and I started strong on it, but then it kind of fell to the side of our busy lives. I love the idea, but it just didn't fit in with my lifestyle at the moment.
Sugar Free, Low Carb / Light
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Yaye: Group fitness motivation uploaded by Jennifer S.
I'm having so much fun with the Yaye App. I had never heard of it before I got the card in my Cheer VoxBox, but I really have felt it makes a difference as far as the motivation I feel now to reach my goals. I love that we can share pictures with the rest of our group & help each other out. Although I find that the quality of the in-app camera isn't that great & it doesn't focus properly, but that is just a minor detail which you can bypass if you take the picture with your phone camera & just attache/choose it from the gallery (see attached picture). Overall, I like the app & I will continue to use it.
No Special Diet / Medium
Peoria Hts, IL
This is a great tool for someone who wants simple fitness or health goals and to work with their friends and family towards those goals. I like the simplicity of the tool, that it's not some rigorous or exact training, but that you can create your own goals or use some of their suggestions. This app isn't really the right fit for me personally because I don't enjoy using apps for most things and I'm not huge on fitness/nutrition goals at this time, but it's a great tool that I would recommend to those who need the extra push to keep to their health goals weekly. I've seen reviews saying you are required to invite friends to use - no longer true! Although, of course this app is much better used when you have encouragement from others, you can create a group for just yourself. I've also seen reviews saying you are required to post a photo every time you achieve a goal - no longer true! There is a "No Photo This Time" option.
Junction City, KS
Yaye: Group fitness motivation uploaded by Sarah Jane B.
Yaye: Group fitness motivation uploaded by Sarah Jane B.
I am not a fan at all of this app. In order to use it, others must join your group. My friends were unable to test the app for themselves before joining the group, so they had no desire in adding another app to their phone that would just take up more space. This meant that I was unable to use the app at all, meaning I was left with an app that just took up space. I received information about the Yaye app complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
No Special Diet / Light
Received from Influenster
Duncan, OK
I think this concept would work for people who a) don't have Fitbit or something similar and b) who use the pedometer function on their phone. I fit into neither category and found the entire application and use of this app very cumbersome. If there was a way to sync my Fitbit with Yaye, I would find it more helpful. But, I guess that would negate the whole purpose of Yaye because I felt like it was trying to replace Fitbit but in a very awkward way.
Long Beach, CA
I got this app from the cheers for you, voxbox. So with this app you can add people to work out with you. Well since my sister had to review it too, we had a group with just us. They have challenges that you can do every week or in 2 days it all depends on how long it is. I think its you really wanna loss weight then get yaye because you and your group can really help each other.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic / Medium
Columbia, MO
The visuals could be a bit more pleasing. It seems to be made for older iPhones, so some of the text is very large on my 6! More options are needed as well. I work out in step classes and pump classes, yet don't know what to classify those as seeing as there isn't an option for those. A built in calorie tracker would be helpful as well.
None
Dallas, TX
In my opinion this app doesn't make sense, if you know nobody trying to lose weight the app doesn't work. It's easy to use and free, but i deleted it because it wasn't that I expected. En mi opinión esta aplicación no tiene sentido. sí tu no conoces ninguna persona tratando de perder peso esta aplicación no funciona. Es fácil de usar y es gratis, pero yo la eliminé ya que no era lo que yo esperaba.
Fogelsville, PA
After receiving my Cheers to You VoxBox, this was one of the things that came along with it to test out. After using Yaye, I felt a lot more better about myself after seeing how much I could connect with others while working out. Everyone who I talked to was extremely nice and helpful. This is a great app!
Heavy
Peekskill, NY
To be honest, I don't like the fact that you have to put in your phone number and connect to real life friends in order to use this app. I might end up trying it out, but... I much prefer apps that give you the choice whether you want to work on your health and fitness alone or not.
None
Ask a question to the Influenster community...