BY XSPORT FITNESS #10 in Gyms

XSport Fitness Health Clubs is one of America's fastest growing fitness chains in the nation with gyms in Chicago, New York, and Washington D.C. They provide personal trainers, educational programs, dietary supplements, and the latest in fitness apparel. see more...

Mel C.
I am giving this one star because it is needed in order to write a review. However, this XSPORT its self is a gimmick. I signed up and canceled with in there 3 day policy. I was still being charged for the membership four months after. I called the corporate office numerous times and explained my situation multiple times. I was told to write a letter to the PO Box in Aurora. I also did that. Then I was told to go into the Xsport I signed up for which was Melrose Park location. I went in and was told I need to call corporate. So once again I call corporate.  I was told I would refunded back only for two months instead of four which I did not understand why if I canceled with in the 3 day time frame and never attended the gym one day during the four months. After multiple emails and broken promises they refunded me back two months instead of four. I signed up October was charged from October- January. I have just been refunded April for two months. It is seriously a joke a horrible gym and happy I am with LA Fitness instead of Xsport.
Kate T.
Chicago
Over-priced and I felt conned into using their massage services. I was super unhappy the last time I was there, all of my pain was moved to one area instead of dispersed and I couldn’t touch my tailbone— it was tender in the worst way. The pool was nice but very dark. It’s where I spent most of my time. The location I attended also did not have easily accessible water fountains. The juice bar was good, albeit pricey.
Angie W.
Eh. Belonged to Xsport Fitness in Chicago for years. The one I attended in Lakeview was always in need of an update. Since I have left I believe they did update the location. It was always over sold and you had to wait for equipment and treadmills. It was not very nice inside, but the tried to keep it clean. Classes weren’t horrible, but weren’t great either. All in all a C- a best.
Kristen C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Decent gyms. Most of the cardio equipment has personal tv screens so bring headphones. At any of the locations I’ve visited downtown, there is always a connected parking garage and they validate your parking. This gym is more focused on cardio and lots of different weight equipment and weights. Downfalls are lack of amenities like sauna/steam room and there isn’t a ton of classes to try out/go to
Holly K.
Locations vary in quality but for the price this is a very good gym and most locations are a step above LA Fitness in terms of cleanliness and quality. The pools and hot tubs are always clean. Nice locker rooms with televisions, great group classes to fit all schedules and a variety of machines. I have visited several locations in the city of Chicago and suburban Chicago. I did end up cancelling due to not going enough but I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Nice amenities sauna steam room showers etc. My biggest gripe is that sometimes equipment is broken and they’re not always quick to repair it, and sometimes televisions don’t work well on the machines. They’re not always proactive in fixing things. Also; towels are so small. It would be nice if they gave full size towels.
Michelle R.
What I like about XSport is the variety of equipment, open 24/7, classes available everyday, guest passes and the pool. I like to end my workout with a swim. Every time I enter a gym, I pay attention to the energy of the people. At XSport, I feel motivated and enjoy the break in the day.
Leah B.
For the price, xsport is great!! I love that they are open 24 hours a day! I am a super early bird but also a mom so the flexibility is great! I also love the variety of equipment. I have only had positive experiences with the trainers too. Definitely would recommend these clean, well-kept facilities!!
Abby M.
Palatine
I absolutely hate this gym. I have been trying to cancel my membership for almost a YEAR now. They make it so unreasonably difficult to cancel your membership that I’ve literally given up and just keep paying the fee. DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM. It is RIDICULOUS.
Sukaina A.
Vienna
I loved coming here and was a member for over 5 years but there were too many members that would go at the same time I did and I went 4 times a week during different times of the day. I had to leave for crunch but I recommend for people to try and make a judgment on their own in terms of the traffic.
Jessica N.
Bronx, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Only good thing is the pool, sauna and basketball court. Personal trainer s are ok. Just lack of communication with clients is a bit on the off side. I love the pool, hot tub. That's probably the only reason I joined this gym to be perfectly honest
Arielle W.
Newbury Park, CA
Anyone try this yet, is it any good?
mia s.
Whats your favorite gym?
May P.
Hey! I'm interested in joining this gym. I'm not a huge gym junkie or anything but I do enjoy taking an occasional group class. How are the group classes? Is there one set intensity or do they have ones for beginners and experts?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Where is your favorite to workout at?