Xlear Xylosweet 5lb 5 LB - 1 Bag - Natural Sweeteners uploaded by Angela M.

BY XLEAR

Xylosweet by Xlear 5 lbs Powder Is XyloSweet pure xylitol Yes. It is 100 pure xylitol Can those with diabetes and hypoglycemia safely use XyloSweet Xylitol has a LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX (7) and has little effect on blood sugar levels. What is the calorie content Xylitol has 40 fewer calories than table sugar. There are 9.6 calories per teaspoon. What is the xylitol to sugar exchange ratio The xylitol-to-sugar ratio is 1-1. Can you use XyloSweet to cook Yes xylitol is interchangeable with sugar for most cooking applications. Since yeast cannot metabolize it xylitol will not work when baking breads or anything that contains yeast. Furthermore xylitol does not crystallize as much as table sugar therefore it does not do well when making peanut brittle or other hard candy. Finally the amount of xylitol required to sweeten drinks such as lemonade can cause diarrhea in some people until they become accustomed to it. What is the recommended daily intake There is not a recommended daily intake. Sim see more...

Angela M.
Reston, VA
I've been looking for a safer sugar substitute since Splenda didn't prove to be a safe as I first thought. Xylitol is birch sugar, has low glycemic effect, and supports dental health. It has been know to cause some GI problems when it's first used, but I didn't experience any. I do have a strong stomach, so I would suggest to transition slowly in small amounts. I'm an animal lover, so I have to mention that it can be toxic to dogs (Wright, 2014). So far, I'm loving it in my coffee & tea!
Kathy H.
Bellevue, WA
I have used this for years. The only I bake is brownies, and I always just use sugar, more because it is it never occurs to me to use anything else. Anyway, I use it to sweeten coffee, tea, smoothies, yogurt (although it tends to fight dissolving in yogurt...maybe because it's cold???) and I'm sure a lot of other things that I just can't think of at the moment.
Bre-Ana B.
Missoula, MT
I love this stuff! My husband is Type 1 diabetic (since he was 10) and he hates artificial sweeteners. He can totally tell if I'm using splenda or stevia or something but he cannot tell the difference between Xylitol and real sugar! This stuff is AWESOME!
KATHERINE P.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1

I have not tried this sweetener but yet would be willing to try it because it is never too late to do and always have the disposition but above all safety and conviction to try new things.
Stephanie W.
Idaho Falls, ID
I use Xylitol when I'm baking or trying to reduce the carbs and sugar in a recipe when I'm cooking. I really should use them more often, now that I think about it. This stuff rocks!!
Rachael C.
This looks, tastes, feels just like real sugar. The only problem is that it doesn't agree with my stomach like real sugar. Do not use too much of this without doing research first!!!
Caroline D.
As a dental hygienist there is nothing more than I like recommending to my patients than Xylitol. It is great as an alternative to any type of sugar or sweetener. It helps prevent cavities. But DO NOT give to your dog in any form as it is harmful.
Aurelia S.
Bakersfield , CA
Ever since my mom found out she is diabetic, we have stop using to much sugar. I started using Splenda and my mom can't tell the difference.
Abigail S.
Bloomfld Hls, MI
Xylitol isn't a fantastic sugar alternative. I prefer something more natural. However it does taste like sugar and help protect your teeth.
Arasely G.
Rogers, AR
This is so good I usually use this instead of using regular sugar because it's less fattening and it's better than regular sugar
Tammi I.
Cerritos, CA
Is this better or comparable to splenda?
Miranda M.
Virginia Bch, VA
Has anyone tried this
Lesly V.
Chula Vista, CA
Does it taste like regular sugar
Viridiana G.
Where can I buy this at?
KATHERINE P.
Eco-warrior Expert Level 3
It can be used in people with diabetes?