Wuthering Heights (Reissue) (Hardcover)

(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed) Virginia Woolf said of Emily Brontë that her writing could "make the wind blow and the thunder roar," and so it does in Wuthering Heights . Catherine Earnshaw, Heathcliff, and the windswept moors that are the setting of their mythic love are as immediately stirring to the reader of today as they have been for every generation of readers since the novel was first published in 1847. With an introduction by Katherine Frank.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Wuthering Heights (Reissue) (Hardcover)!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Wonderfully written and more compelling every time I pick it up.” in reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Omg the times i have read this most horrible love story over the years. However i cant put it away, its one of my favorite books and everytime i read it i catch something new in the archaic writing style. If you want love, lust, betrayal, and hope this is your go to for classics.
Norwalk, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Emily's only finished novel and published under a pseudonym. This book has romance. It also has hate and revenge, complex and flawed characters. Heathcliff and Cathy are such tragic lovers. Heathcliff, so filled with hate and the need for vengeance. Cathy, so in love.
Enon, OH
I purchased this book after watching the PBS edition of it on tv. The tv version starred Tom Hardy as Heathcliff, and his wife, Charlotte Riley, as Catherine. It had been a while since I had read for pleasure since I had been in college for 5 years. This book was a warm welcome back into the world of reading. The writing is beautiful once you get used to the way they spoke in that time period. The story is a bit on the sad side but the story is beautiful.
This is one of the best curl up and get lost in a love story books of all times. The language is pure poetry. “Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!" It is a pretty sad story, so keep that in mind if you are a first time reader.
Richmond, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is literally my favorite book. I have read this book about once a year since I read it the first time in high school. It’s such a heart wrenching lover story. So much better than the movie. I would encourage anyone that likes to read to read this book!!
Ogden, UT
This is written so well. The literacy, the articulation, the story line, the character development, the plot... All of it is fantastic. Not only this, but this is obviously a classic that everybody needs in their personal collection of must-have novels.
I read this in high school and had to purchase again because it was one of my favorite books. I've always loved romance novels but this one is definitely on the dark side. It shows how a character deals with the feeling of wanting vengeance. I love how you're easily able to connect to the characters.
Northridge, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Read this book in my 12th grade AP lit class and absolutely loved it!! The story was so interesting and had a good amount of both detail and plot. The best way to describe it is a soap opera and a thriller join hands to make this book. Would recommend!
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Read this book in high school and honestly it was my favorite book I have read in my time there. I really loved the story and the characters were well developed. Highly recommended
This is one of my all time favorite reads. I find that, Emily Brontë, grasped the balance between love and hate perfectly. Showing how you can't have one without the other. The more Catherine and Heathcliff loved one another, the greater the hate they had for that love, not necessarily towards each other. It reminds me of Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850: "I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." When you feed the love you have for someone, you fuel all the other emotions, whether you want to or not. For Catherine and Heathcliff, if they had never truly loved, much less cared, then they would have never known the hate. Vice versa.

Looking for your answer?