Wusthof Classic Ikon Santoku Knife, 5" Hollow Edge

BY WUSTHOF #2 in Kitchen Knives

Santoku Knives - Easy to maneuver and easy to clean, this sleek knife ensures superior chopping and cutting; hollow-ground edge yields smooth, stick-free slicing. The knives in Wusthof's new Classic Ikon Collection are all forged from a single piece of steel. Easy to maneuver and easy to clean, these sleek knives ensure superior chopping and cutting. The blades are ground thinner, making them the sharpest Wusthof knives ever made. Triple-riveted, full-tang weighted handles are slightly curved and offer the perfect weight and balance for effortless cutting. Precision bolster is tapered which allows total-edge sharpening on electric sharpeners. Product Features Laser-tested blade is 30% sharper and holds an edge 30% better than the average blade Forward bolster allows full usage of the blade when cutting and sharpening Second bolster on the heel provides additional heft to the handle Stainless-steel triple rivets permanently secure the handle to the tang of the knife Contoured shape provides superb er - Care Instructions Wusthof cutlery is dishwasher-safe but hand-washing is recommended. In the dishwasher, your Wusthof knife may bang against other cutlery or pots and pans and knick the blade. Clean knife with a wet cloth and dishwashing detergent. Dry immediately. Dry from the back of knife to the blade. No metal is completely stain-free. To prevent slight tarnishing, be sure to remove acidic foods (lemon, mustard, ketchup, etc.) from the blade after use. If blade should show some signs of staining, clean with a non-abrasive metal polish. To prevent irreparable blade damage, it is best to store your knife in a knife block or in-drawer knife tray. see more...

Wusthof Classic Ikon Santoku Knife, 5" Hollow Edge
Buy on Bloomin...
Kaylee H.
Leesburg, GA
Angelica ♛.
This is one high quality kitchen knife! I couldn’t wait to try out this knife and it made my day when it arrived! This knife makes slicing and dicing the toughest vegetables and crusty bread a breeze! I love rutabaga yet trying to cut into a raw one can be treacherous and exhausting. This knife went through them with such ease I first thought they had gone soft and would need to throw them out. Not so!
Samira W.
Silver Spring, MD
I love this knife. I think that It works so well and that it cuts things perfectly. I think that it is way to expensive. The great thing is that you never have to buy it again so you dont have to spend hundreds of dollars again. I would recommend it if you want a knife that works well even if its expensive.
JoAnn H.
Richmond Hill, GA
The Wusthof Classic Ikon 5" Hollow Edge Santoku knife is simply "The Best of The Best" Have purchased many high-end knives, but this one by far is the best, it's the favorite in our household. This knife is easy to keep sharpened, well-balanced and does it all !! After 14 years of daily use it remained sharp and did not rust. My husband was so upset when he saw hair line fractures starting to appear where the blade and handle meet. He loved this knife so much he didn't want it replaced, he wanted a new handle. Unfortunately Wusthof wasn't able to just repair the handle, they did however provide outstanding customer service and replaced the knife. At the time they were sold out "everywhere" in this popular size, they replaced it with the 7" Santoku which is more expensive The 7" is an excellent knife, but my 6'4" hubby prefers the 5". Valentines Day 2016 I am surprising him with a new 5" Wusthof Santoku, and Wusthof bamboo cutting board - in exchange for a copper penny of course :)
Alysia R.
This knife can cut through some pretty tough things one time it actually get through a bone from a chicken and I didn't expect that at all. These are the only knives I use. I would recommend to everyone.
Ashely M.
CONWAY, SC
Love wustof products also have the knife sharpener. This knife is great for all different cuts not so much debonung but that's what bonung knives are for. This is more chopping and slicing.
Lauren M.
This brand makes some of the best knives I've tried. They're costly, but I think worth the price. They make it easy for me to make precise cuts, and I rarely have to replace them. They're high quality and easy to sharpen.
Erica B.
I was so mad when I found out my husband bought this and when I found out the price well just say it was worse . I don't like them at all so they just sit in my knife draw never being used .
Desiree F.
Hialeah, FL
No es ningún secreto que estos son los mejores cuchillos a nivel mundial. Son perfectos. Me encanta su precisión, el acero con que son elaborados. Todo hace de un cuchillo perfecto, el mejor aliado de un cocinero
Eva C.
Decorator Expert Level 3
Super Sharp knife. Stays Sharp for a very long time. Great for meats and veggies. I recommend cleaning it often by hand. Expensive knives like this don't need to be out in the dishwasher because it can ruin them.
Christy O.
Decorator Expert Level 3
Do these get dull fast?
Maria V.
Fort Worth, TX
Does this have a safety cover for it? How much can I get it for?
Tiara I.
Edwardsville , IL
Does these have a safety cover for them?
Jazmine  M.
Are these knives better than cutco knives??
Brittany m.