Wusthof Classic Ikon Santoku Knife, 5" Hollow Edge

Santoku Knives - Easy to maneuver and easy to clean, this sleek knife ensures superior chopping and cutting; hollow-ground edge yields smooth, stick-free slicing. The knives in Wusthof's new Classic Ikon Collection are all forged from a single piece of steel. Easy to maneuver and easy to clean, these sleek knives ensure superior chopping and cutting. The blades are ground thinner, making them the sharpest Wusthof knives ever made. Triple-riveted, full-tang weighted handles are slightly curved and offer the perfect weight and balance for effortless cutting. Precision bolster is tapered which allows total-edge sharpening on electric sharpeners. Product Features Laser-tested blade is 30% sharper and holds an edge 30% better than the average blade Forward bolster allows full usage of the blade when cutting and sharpening Second bolster on the heel provides additional heft to the handle Stainless-steel triple rivets permanently secure the handle to the tang of the knife Contoured shape provides superb er - Care Instructions Wusthof cutlery is dishwasher-safe but hand-washing is recommended. In the dishwasher, your Wusthof knife may bang against other cutlery or pots and pans and knick the blade. Clean knife with a wet cloth and dishwashing detergent. Dry immediately. Dry from the back of knife to the blade. No metal is completely stain-free. To prevent slight tarnishing, be sure to remove acidic foods (lemon, mustard, ketchup, etc.) from the blade after use. If blade should show some signs of staining, clean with a non-abrasive metal polish. To prevent irreparable blade damage, it is best to store your knife in a knife block or in-drawer knife tray.

Is that better then the cheaper sets you can find at Wal-Mart of Ross?
Is it affordable or worth? ??
Is this knife worth the price?
Start your review of Wusthof Classic Ikon Santoku Knife, 5" Hollow Edge!
How would you rate this product?
Hayward, CA
This is probably my favorite knife to use on a day to day basis. My sister went to culinary school and recommended Wusthof in addition to the Classic Ikon series because of the full tang and the fact that they are smaller in comparison to the Classic series making it perfect for women or those with smaller hands. The blade stays sharper than other knives I own, I've had it for months and use it regularly and haven't had to sharpen it yet. Would highly recommend to anyone! Especially the 5 inch for those with smaller hands.
Lake George, NY
This is my favorite knife in the whole block. The handle is comfortable to grip and lightweight, making it easy to work with. I've used this for chopping all kinds of vegetables and fruits. It even works great for mincing garlic. The hollow edge most definitely helps to reduce chopped pieces sticking. My mom loved it after staying with me for a week so I purchased her one and it's her favorite knife too!
This is a great, high-quality knife. It’s cuts with ease and I really do love it. Because it is so expensive I am extra careful with it -always hand-washing it, towel drying it, and I still store it in the box it came in to protect the blade. I was disappointed to notice that even with all of that care, there is a small chip in the blade. That is my only complaint, otherwise it is an amazing knife.
Spartanburg
purchased the Wusthof 36 piece mega block set because ass's a chef having amazing knives is important. These knives never disappoint. The handle gives a good grip. The take an edge quickly and easily and hold that edge for a good while. They make precision cuts a breeze. They clean easily. The design is sexy and draws the eye of others. These knives g go everywhere I'm cooking.
Dayton WA
This is an amazing knife, I love mine and this is the one I reach for the most. I had to buy another one just Incase one was dirty. The pro is this will possibly be one of the last knives like this I’ll ever buy. The con is the price, but if you think about it I may never buy this type of knife again if it holds up, so the price seems pretty fair
Annandale, VA
If you chop a lot of mushrooms or other soft vegetables in your kitchen this knife is a must-have. Again, as with every other wusthof knife, the balance of this one is great and the quality-to-price ratio is on point. A great wedding present, a great housewarming gift, and a great gift to yourself if you love to cook.
Brooklyn
This was a gift and I love it! I hate to say this but considering it’s size I use it on almost everything except when I use a utility knife for veggies or a paring knife! I can’t access it cost I can only say I value it and if you consider yourself somewhat of a foodie or gourmet, you have to have it!
Hermosa Beach, CA
It's literally my absolute favorite piece I've added to my butcher black. I love the hallow edge so food is so easy to chop, and the 5 inch size is perfection for those small jobs-garlic, etc., I find myself grabbing for it every single time I am cooking and am so glad I purchased this.
Tonawanda, NY
We received this knife for our bridal shower a few months ago. I didn't love cooking before because I hated chopping vegetables...with this knife and its precision sharpness, I thoroughly enjoy being in the kitchen now. We Hand wash these knifes and they are still in great shape.
Milwaukee, WI
We received this as a gift and it might be my favorite Wusthof knife yet! It's so easy to use, the hollow edge makes it so simple to keep moving quickly without food getting in the way. The handle for the Ikon is second to none and the weight / grip of it is amazing. Highly recommend!