Wusthof Classic - 5" Serrated Utility Knife

BY WUSTHOF #5 in Kitchen Knives

Every element of this renowned cutlery contributes to its precision and ease of use. The high-carbon stainless steel blades are hardened to maintain a sharp edge and full tangs provide perfect balance with riveted, high-impact composition handles. Designed much like a tomato knife, this serrated knife will cut into food with crusty or hard outsides and soft insides while leaving everything intact. Great for snack food like cheese, salami, bagels and tomatoes. Keep on handy on picnics, and wine and cheese trips. Prized possessions of professional chefs, Wusthof knives are an invaluable asset of any kitchen. In Solingen, Germany, each piece is hand-forged in 38 manufacturing steps by skilled craftsmen. Lifetime warranty. Wusthof's newest state of the art technology incorporates a new computer controlled method for putting the edge on Classic knives. This technology allows for an exacting edge from the tip of the knife down to the heel of the knife. With this newer precision, the knives are made sharper to 14 degrees per side for a total of 28 degrees. The knives are now sharper and this refinement increases the sharpness retention because exacting angles and edges last longer than edges sharpened by hand. The result is a knife that is 30 sharper and the ICP (Initial Cutting Performance) lasts twice as long. see more...

• Where is cheapest best place to get this!!!7 Answers
  • How sharp is this? Does it work well? You can follow me o...10 Answers
  • How expensive are a set of these?12 Answers
Wusthof Classic - 5" Serrated Utility Knife
Lynn B.
1,001 reviews
Decorator Expert Level 1
This is my favorite brand of knives. They make several lines and they do vary in price, etc. I’m always happy with them as they last and are sharp. They can be very expensive. They are a great bridal gift. Don’t underestimate the value of quality knives.
Alysia R.
port townsend, WA
Decorator Expert Level 2
This is one of the best knives out there. This is a professional  quality knife that will last a lifetime or more if treated with care. This is very effective at cutting about anything. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. It will last forever and you truly dont need 100 knifes that barely function when you have a few excellent quality knifes.
Chloie F.
Arlington, VA
This serrated knife is a necessary item for any kitchen! It is great for bread, tomatoes (and any soft skin fruit), and more. Quick tip: do not apply much pressure, but do many quick motions to make sure not to crush the bread! I recommend hand washing-- it has lasted over 5 years for us!
Jasmine J.
Winston Salem, NC
Wusthof is very pricey but has very high quality. I own a couple knives two or three bought the rest gifted. It's is very effective. I recommended them to all of my cooking friends, some have bought and say it's a great investment!
Sonya M.
Greenville, SC
I very much appreciate the balance and work output you receive from a Wusthof knife. They are very long lasting knives and you'll appreciate how they cut what you need. I highly recommend this knife!!!
Shanna L.
Smyrna, GA
I love these knives. I got them after moving to replace the set that we used to have on our counter. Ended up getting the in drawer set and it's awesome. SO AWESOME. The knives are super super sharp and we will only buy these knives now.
Brittney R.
Decorator Expert Level 1
This knife has such a nice balance to it. The serrated blade makes the cuts so nice. It cleans well also. Doesn't rust the first time in water like most knives I've had.
KAYLA H.
Henderson , NV
Decorator Expert Level 1
I have a set of Wusthof knives and I absolutely love them! I use them multiple times a day and they are still in great shape. They are a little more costly but I think they are worth the price and would recommend to others !
Lauraa T.
Summit, Illinois
Estos cuchillos esta bellos ,y sirven demasiado en la casa te facilitan la vida ,te facilitan cortan en filete ,tiene bastante filo y el precio esta bien $79 por que son de buena calidad y creo que eso tambien cuenta
Krissia A.
Firebaugh, CA
Decorator Expert Level 1
The thing that I love about this knife is that I cut a tomato without the Tomato bending or turning squishy like other knifes do. It is also great for cutting bread
Catherine V.
Aurora, CO
Would you recommend these knives?
Sarah S.
How expensive are a set of these?
a a.
Decorator Expert Level 2
How sharp is this? Does it work well? You can follow me on Instagram christina_foulks
ivette y.
Bronx, NY
Where can I buy this knife?
Mikala T.
Anniston, AL
Where is cheapest best place to get this!!!