BY WORLD VISION #48 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

World Vision Organization
  • "Not only does this fight childhood hunger, it also fights for clean water in third world countries, vaccines, schooling, & adoption. " in 9 reviews
  • "My first experience with them was with the 30 hour famine program which I've done twice through the conventional system and now participate religiously on holidays but without having individuals or companies pledge support to me that raises money for World Vision." in 8 reviews
Huge fan of this charity.  Not only do they feed the hungry all over the world but they also take the time to educate everyone about the needs.  In addition to food they are also providing clean water in third world countries, supporting school and offering life saving vaccines.
Bonnie L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
This is such an amazing organization. They make such a difference in peoples lives. I am so glad that Influenster includes charities in their website so people can express how appreciative they are for the people involved. Overall great organization!
Danii F.
Cotulla, TX
When we were younger my mother would donate to this organization! At the moment we don't and it was all the time! Omg since we were little and we do it because we know the struggles of being without food at times others should donate because it helps out children that don't have anything! Including clothes and food! Would recommend this to people!
Kelly M.
Our family has sponsored many children through this organization. It's awesome that you receive a phot of your sponsored child and occasional messages written from the child telling more about them. It makes it more personal. I'm not exactly sure how much of the donation actually is given to the child in need and I've heard mixed things about this. I'd do some more research but I think it's a good company.
Beth F.
World Vision is amazing! I sponsor a child through this organization and have for several years! My money goes to not only his life but also for his community! I get to send him letters and emails and get some correspondence back! I love what this organization does to help other!
Jennifer P.
Pittsburgh, PA
I volunteered here numerous times and I love the idea behind what they do. They take unwanted merchandise from stores and ship it all over the world to those in need. You can donate time but they typically like it in groups. I definitely recommend looking into this.
Amber N.
Weatherford, TX
This year one of our girls Christmas gifts was to pick something out of the world vision magazine to send to those in need. The picked ducks, and a part of the organization that works on providing things to american kids. This is a wonderful organization and we are so proud to support them .
Abbey M.
At first glance I thought this was an awesome organization and even helped support it but found out that they unfortunately do not send near as much money to the orphans as they should. Much of the money goes to corporation and overhead. Very little goes to children.
Jasmina I.
Ankeny , IA
My cousin donates monthly for this cause. From what I have learned they help many kids to be able to go to school, and help feed a lot of people too. Causes like this truly let us know that there is good people still out there willing to help
Katelyn G.
Canoga Park, CA
I loved being able to sponsor a child as a kid. It was so much fun knowing that you are making a difference in someone else's life. Someone who doesn't know you. They are so grateful too and sent me letters and pictures. I do not know about how much of what I donated actually went towards the charity itself, but I would donate again.
Erin B.
Lancaster, CA
How can someone who can't afford to sponsor a child still help with world vision?
Camille S.
Do they donate to south america?
Kendra D.
Columbus, OH
Does World Vision do disaster relief work?
Catherine  H.
Athens, GA
What does this organization do?
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
Who here is a World Vision volunteer?