Words with Friends
#49 in Apps
Katie P.
Katie P.
Nisswa, MN
I wish there was a way to stop people from cheating. Does anyone else feel this way?
Iris R.
Iris R.
BROOKLYN, NY
5 months, 2 weeks ago
LOL sorry no
Elise M.
Elise M.
7 months, 1 week ago
No. Cheating is how I learned "Xi" and "Qi" were words. Also my family and I all knowingly cheat at real Scrabble, so why stop there?
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
10 months, 1 week ago
Yes then it would be so much more enjoyable, knowing that the other person wasn't cheating in the first place!
Hollynd y.
Hollynd y.
Kingsport, TN
Very much so.
Leah B.
Leah B.
Indianapolis, IN
4 years ago
If they want to cheat, that's their decision. You won't know, anyway. Stop crying and start cheating.
Hayley A.
Hayley A.
Richmond, VA
I totally agree
emily T.
emily T.
Kansas city , MO
4 years, 1 month ago
I didn't realize you could cheat. It does seem that some of the acceptable words may vary between Words With Friends and Scrabble, but, I assume, if it takes it, it's good to go .
Megan M.
Megan M.
Baltimore, MD
4 years, 1 month ago
How do you cheat on words with friends?
Stacey W.
Stacey W.
Clarks Summit, PA
4 years, 1 month ago
Yes, of course! I think games are intended to be fair, so when someone cheats it essentially undermines why it was created.
Pauline C.
Pauline C.
Philadelphia, PA
4 years, 1 month ago
Yes. its annoying and make the game less fun
Cathy J.
Cathy J.
Wentzville, MO
4 years, 1 month ago
Yes!! I refuse to play with cheaters. If I think someone is cheating I will stop playing.
Genavieve P.
Niesha L.
Niesha L.
Warren, MI
4 years, 1 month ago
I totally agree with you
Joycelyn D.
Joycelyn D.
Lafayette, LA
4 years, 1 month ago
I keep playing with them and make the simplest words I can. They should feel pretty silly, cheating, when they're not really being challenged!
Courteney L.
Courteney L.
Erie, PA
Probably end the game.
Sally P.
Sally P.
Apple Valley, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes I bet you theres people out there that google a word
William B.
William B.
Las Cruces, NM
4 years, 2 months ago
I havn't really encountered this problem much, but I would agree with you because this is meant to be like scrabble just online and that means no cheating and looking up words.
Lorrie A.
Lorrie A.
Corona, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
I do. I play honestly. Unfortunately integrity isn't a part of everyone's makeup. :/
Robin J.
Robin J.
Collegeville, PA
4 years, 2 months ago
It is only a game. I like to play honestly.
Natalie H.
Natalie H.
Graham, NC
4 years, 2 months ago
Not playing them, solves your problem.
Jolynn W.
Jolynn W.
Wallis, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes, my Mom just the other day admitted that she cheats when she plays me but she still loses.
Heather E.
Heather E.
Warrensburg, IL
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes. I don't see the point. It takes the fun out of it.
Kathy M.
Kathy M.
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes!! I only play with people that don't use cheats
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.
Louisville, OH
4 years, 2 months ago
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's supposed to be about thinking through your vocabulary, not checking dictionary's and various cheat sites. It's not really a challenge then.
Caitlyn M.
Caitlyn M.
KY
4 years, 2 months ago
I completely feel the same. I understand people want to win, but come one do it honestly!
Shay S.
Shay S.
4 years, 2 months ago
End the game or only play with people you know so that you can yell at them when they do cheat.
Almaris C.
Almaris C.
Buford, GA
4 years, 2 months ago
How is it possible to cheat on the game?
Candace L.
Candace L.
Louisville, KY
4 years, 2 months ago
Yes and it is so obvious when they r doing it!
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Austin, TX
4 years, 3 months ago
There is no way to stop a cheater other than choosing not to play against them! There will always be the websites out there that make it easy to cheat and there will always be those who will cheat.
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Springfield, VT
4 years, 4 months ago
I believe I have one friend that cheats! I mean when my Husband and I both have no idea what this word was using all of the letters "YTTRIAS"?? I personally just like to play for fun not to win! how fun is it to go search your words first!?
Edward G.
Edward G.
Santa Ana, CA
I think we all do
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
Oreana, IL
4 years, 4 months ago
You can use other apps to help you find words with the letters that you have but you still have to fit the words in the game that your playing. You still have to be smart enough to try to put the high value letters in the bonus spots to max your score.
Myrna V.
Myrna V.
Clifton, CO
4 years, 5 months ago
No. But be sure to call them on it when it happens
Mandy D.
Mandy D.
Jay, ME
4 years, 5 months ago
Yes! I don't play this game with certain people anymore, because it's obvious that they are using a Scrabble word builder. I'm not a sore loser by any means, it's just frustrating.
Jasmine-Rae B.
Jasmine-Rae B.
4 years, 5 months ago
I have never encountered a cheater! But I can see how frustrating that would get!
Anjali N.
Anjali N.
Redmond, WA
4 years, 5 months ago
I agree! One time, a friend from high school invited me to a game and he and I talk a lot so I know his general vocabulary... so when we played, I was a little surprised that he played words I had no idea existed. So when I asked him what the words meant, he gave me the dictionary answer verbatim. That's when I knew he was cheating. Anyway, bottom line, those that cheat, I just don't play against. I usually resign immediately. Why should I put forth effort when they don't?
Lindsay K.
Lindsay K.
Lake city , Fl
Shawna B.
Shawna B.
Brick, NJ
4 years, 6 months ago
I agree. it is very annoying to play with someone who you KNOW is cheating.
Marci W.
Marci W.
Topeka, KS
4 years, 6 months ago
I totally agree. Its not fun to play with people who use the cheat apps. I think its more fun and challenging to use your own brains. Seems like more and more people rely on other resources to think for them.
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Sugar Hill, GA
4 years, 7 months ago
I agree hate it hate it when people cheat
Amy H.
Amy H.
Reno, NV
4 years, 7 months ago
Totally wish there was a way
Angelica C.
Angelica C.
Bridgeview, IL
4 years, 7 months ago
They will always find away to cheat. just look at this way they cant beat you without cheating.
Alpharetta, GA
4 years, 8 months ago
Eh I don't think it should matter.
Alpharetta, GA
4 years, 8 months ago
Eh I don't think it should matter.
Saint Paul, MN
4 years, 9 months ago
I don't know but it would be nice if you could get extra help as a bonus when the other person is cheating.
Saint Paul, MN
Vanesa M.
Vanesa M.
Perth Amboy, NJ
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes but there's not much you can do.
Kerri G.
Kerri G.
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes! People always use Scrabble tools online. It is so frustrating! Just play the game!
Audrey R.
Audrey R.
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes! It's very frustrating when you're trying to play the game honestly and an opponent wins easily by cheating, there is no fun in the game when you do that!
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Norwalk, CA
4 years, 9 months ago
I stopped playing after a while but I have never played with anybody who has cheated. Atleast I think!
Dasha N.
Dasha N.
Breaux Bridge, LA
4 years, 9 months ago
I agree! I remember when this game used too be fun and everyone would play fair, but now it seems like everyone enjoys cheating... :(
Cassie R.
Cassie R.
Katy , TX
4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah it sucks that people are able to cheat, i do have to say i used the cheat a few times and that was only when i couldn't think of a word. and only when i played my mom or my little sister. and my mom is a school teacher so she knows a lot of good words so i had to look good for her.
Cordia K.
Cordia K.
Indianapolis, IN
4 years, 9 months ago
I just play with my friends. That way if they cheat, I can punch them in real life. :)
100% Agree, Especially On Word Feud
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
Brooklyn, NY
4 years, 10 months ago
Wow, I didn't know you can cheat... that's no fun!
Kathryn K.
Kathryn K.
Hyde Park, NY
4 years, 10 months ago
There is an app that allows people to cheat at this. It sucks, but the person who cheats is only hurting themselves in the long run... You can't stop some people from cheating, there are always going to be people like that in life.
Deborah Ann N.
Deborah Ann N.
Cairo, GA
4 years, 10 months ago
If the cheating bothers you, don't play with the person again.
Lexington, SC
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes. I hate when people cheat as well.
Lexington, SC
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes. I hate when people cheat as well.
Alexis S.
Alexis S.
Lexington, NC
4 years, 10 months ago
Ive actually never seen anyone cheat, mabye thats just becuse they take forever to reply
Burgandi C.
Burgandi C.
Melrose, IA
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes I agree! If they are honest and fair they won't do it! Fact of life :)
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
Urbandale, IA
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes but I don't know how you could possibly prevent that.
Beth G.
Beth G.
Castro Valley, CA
I agree
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Atlanta, GA
4 years, 10 months ago
Cheating apps are so stupid
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
Meridian , ID
4 years, 10 months ago
Makes me angry when people cheat.
Carlie E.
Carlie E.
4 years, 10 months ago
No, you cannot. Especially in the random games. I used to play a lot of random games, but now I only play with friends and family because they won't cheat.
Gloria K.
Gloria K.
Goleta, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
How do you know they're cheating? They may just be really good at WWF.
Raine V.
Raine V.
Peabody, MA
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes, cheating on your friend is really lame. I don't play with people who cheat.
Mia F.
Mia F.
Wesley Chapel, FL
4 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, it ruins the feeling of the game. :/
Mickensie B.
Mickensie B.
Burnsville , MN
4 years, 10 months ago
I don't see how people really cheat when given certain letters.
Sara W.
Sara W.
Manchester, NH
4 years, 10 months ago
Sometimes it gets aggravating but its also luck of the draw, to see what letters you get. As long as you're having fun who cares who wins!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Alameda, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
Well, there's no way to stop someone from cheating since there's an infinite amount of time allotted for each turn. They could use another device to "cheat." I wouldn't actually really mind if someone cheats because it's more about your score than the opponent's score...
Erica C.
Erica C.
Springfield, MA
4 years, 10 months ago
I definitely hate when people cheat. >.<
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
4 years, 10 months ago
I feel that way too. I can't stand when someone cheats. I'm not jealous of their big words and high scores because they are CHEATING!
Maryanne M.
Maryanne M.
Mount Ephraim, NJ
4 years, 10 months ago
There are apps and websites out there that help people cheat. How do you know when someone's cheating? I guess you can never know for sure, but it becomes awful suspicious when people consistently play 50+ point words, and use a lot of words that the average person would have no idea were actually words. I guess there are dedicated people out there who can memorize the dictionary or at least maybe all the words played against them, but come on. Sometimes you just know when someone's cheating. To finally answer the question, no, there is no way to stop anyone from cheating because it occurs outside of the actual game play.
Pamala S.
Pamala S.
Sooke, British Columbia
4 years, 10 months ago
I agree.It's too bad people have to cheat and not have a honest game. What's the challenge in a game if your cheating..senseless
Amy M.
Amy M.
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes, because it's more fun to make up words and then try to play them and sometimes I learn new words that way.
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
San Francisco, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
I totally agree. This is one of the reasons I don't play anymore.
Miranda B.
Miranda B.
Clovis, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes! but if they cheat they really don't win
Alejandra F.
Alejandra F.
Wahiawa, Hi
4 years, 10 months ago
I do! Its annoying when people type in words that I know they've never even heard before.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Smithfield, PA
4 years, 10 months ago
I didn't know you could cheat on this computer game. yes i hate it when people cheat playing any games...
Laura G.
Laura G.
Marrero, LA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yea i hate it when people cheat on games cant they just play fair
Lindsay J.
Lindsay J.
Lebanon, TN
4 years, 11 months ago
If i think they cheat then i don't play with them
Isabella W.
Isabella W.
Sandy Hook, CT
4 years, 11 months ago
I know I stopped playing because my friend cheated
Teyanna P.
Teyanna P.
4 years, 11 months ago
YES!!! My friends i play with cheat all the time...they would go days without playing me back then all of a sudden they play like a 150 point word outta no where which i know they had help with...smh but i doubt there is a way to fix it. Just have to outsmart them.
Traci G.
Traci G.
Anaheim, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
I have never encountered someone cheating..
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
4 years, 11 months ago
Thats why I stopped playing! It takes the fun out of the game!
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Reno, NV
4 years, 11 months ago
I definitely feel this way. I see some crazy words and know they must have used the cheats online to use all letters each and every time. Makes the game not as fun.
Shannon W.
Shannon W.
Taylor, MI
4 years, 11 months ago
It's incredibly annoying, but can also be pretty obvious -- if someone's coming up with words like "there" and "soak" game after game after game and then suddenly plays "dyspnoea," that's some fairly obvious cheating. When I encounter it, I call them out. They usually stop cheating, or we stop playing.
Yocelin R.
Yocelin R.
Fullerton, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
It is annoying, thats why I stopped playing.
Silvana G.
Silvana G.
Walnut Creek, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes its annoying, but if someone tries to cheat, I just quit and play with someone else!
Christina T.
Christina T.
4 years, 11 months ago
The key is to only play with people you trust!
Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.
ALEXANDRIA, LA
4 years, 11 months ago
I didn't know they cheated. Crazy...
Tiffany M.
Tiffany M.
Lincoln, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes people do cheat, but there are cheaters everywhere in life and you can't really stop them.
LaToya F.
LaToya F.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes! Once I found out that people could cheat, it ruined the game for me and I stopped playing :(
Jolene S.
Jolene S.
Lititz, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
I didn't even realize people cheated. Well that just takes all the fun out of the game then. And no wonder I can't ever win. lol
Jade M.
Jade M.
Cleveland, OH
4 years, 11 months ago
Yeah cheating is no fun.
April C.
April C.
4 years, 11 months ago
Unfortunately, if there is a will, there is a way. When the objective turns into seeing who uses the dictionary best makes it not so fun anymore.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
San Jose, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
I agree, but I don't think there's any way to stop them.
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, I don't like when people cheat. I just really think that it isn't necessary but there is no way of stopping them.
Juaquin L.
Juaquin L.
Wildomar, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
There is no way to stop them. But they are dumb for cheating because they will never learn anything from the game.
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Apple Valley, MN
I agree!
Brittanie V.
Brittanie V.
4 years, 11 months ago
I definitely think it takes the whole fun out of the game when people cheat.
Katrina A.
Katrina A.
Yeah its really annoying
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Leipsic, OH
4 years, 11 months ago
How do you cheat at words with friends
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Griffith, IN
4 years, 11 months ago
As long as there are websites out there that enable cheating, there is not going to be a way to keep people form doing it. You can either, find friends to play that are honest or you can look at their cheating as a challenge to make yourself a better player. I know for a fact that at least on of the people I play with cheats (My mother)... and still I beat her every time.
Cierra C.
Cierra C.
Rockmart, GA
4 years, 11 months ago
I didn't know there was a way to cheat lmao omg sharee!
Kimberly L.
Kimberly L.
Tampa, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
I wish! I just started games with a bunch of people and those who play words that I would think they would know are ones that I continue to play with... So I have a good 4 people that I actually play with regularly.
Holly C.
Holly C.
Fate, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
I hate that. That is mainly why I quit playing this game.
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Fort Campbell, KY
4 years, 11 months ago
I wish there was a way, but I don't think there is.
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
4 years, 11 months ago
Probably not a way to stop them from cheating on this game
Kate T.
Kate T.
Worcester, MA
4 years, 11 months ago
It's so frustrating! I play against my friend's GF, and she cheats ALL the time. She's smart, but some of the words she comes up with are definitely not anything she'd know. It happens way too much. Totally sucks the fun out of the game!
Travis H.
Travis H.
San Diego, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, it can definitely be frustrating when your friend plays a word that you know they didn't come up with on their own. Sadly there isn't really much that can be done about it with technology being what it is.
Kathy C.
Kathy C.
Hagerstown, MD
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes. I stopped playing this game because the cheating was making it not fun anymore.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Lake Butler, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
I haven't encounter anyone who has cheated
Roy P.
Roy P.
Destin, FL
No I don't!
Rebecca V.
Rebecca V.
4 years, 11 months ago
People are going to cheat. Some people are in it for the win instead of having fun playing. I'd say end the game if you're certain they're cheating, otherwise just have fun.. even if you know they're going to win. :)
Delia D.
Delia D.
4 years, 11 months ago
I hate it too ..makes you want to cheat too lol
4 years, 11 months ago
Play in the car with players sitting with you. It'll make it more difficult for them to cheat.
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Nine Mile Falls, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
Cheating is a problem, but there isn't much you can do about it. if you feel like someone is playing unfairly against you, end the game and try to find someone else who will play fairly. Some might just be very good at the game and have a large vocabulary.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
4 years, 11 months ago
No matter what you play someone will find a way to cheat. it is part of life.
Honolulu , HI
4 years, 11 months ago
There is always going to be someone who cheats. It's rather sad
Andras G.
Andras G.
Memphis, TN
4 years, 11 months ago
Cheating takes all the fun out of the game.
Tera H.
Tera H.
Mankato, MN
4 years, 11 months ago
If I find someone is cheating, I just quit the game with them.
Karen M.
Karen M.
Binghamton, NY
I'm an honest player
Margaret W.
Margaret W.
Neenah, WI
4 years, 11 months ago
I have always wondered where people get the words they use.
Meghan H.
Meghan H.
Tacoma, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
Weird. I've never had problems with cheating.
Kiel, WI
4 years, 11 months ago
Me too! but if it's obvious that a stranger is cheating I ask friends for help or look up words to use!!
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Flushing, MI
4 years, 11 months ago
I didn't know you could cheat either.
Victoria H.
Victoria H.
Port Royal , SC
4 years, 11 months ago
I didn't know you could cheat....
Mallory H.
Mallory H.
El Cajon, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yeah but if i can tell they are cheating i usually do it back so its not an easy win for them (ex: my brother! haha)
Angela M.
Angela M.
Englewood, CO
4 years, 11 months ago
I had no idea you could cheat. I hope they do something to stop people from cheating.
Bonnie R.
Bonnie R.
Galt, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, I don't think its fair when one person uses the internet to find words that score the highest points and the other person doesn't.
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
Courtice, ON
4 years, 11 months ago
Whoa! I didn't know you could cheat. This makes me question everyone now.
Pam A.
Pam A.
Nope
Melinda S.
Melinda S.
Branchport, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
How do you know whem someone is cheating?
Alicia L.
Alicia L.
Moscow, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
I haven't actually encountered a cheater, and besides how do you even know they are cheating? They may just be very good at the game.
Zulie D.
Zulie D.
Hialeah, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes I hate when my friends cheat
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Rochester
4 years, 11 months ago
Yeah but in this day in age its almost impossible :(
Cassandra G.
Cassandra G.
4 years, 11 months ago
I honestly haven't encountered cheating. I suppose if you come across a player you think is cheating, you could end the game and start another in hopes the next player won't cheat!