by Zynga Inc.
Ask a Question
Katie P.
Katie P.
Nisswa, MN

I wish there was a way to stop people from cheating. Does anyone else feel this way?
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Nov. 17, 2016, 8:36 p.m.
Yes then it would be so much more enjoyable, knowing that the other person wasn't cheating in the first place!
Hollynd y.
Hollynd y.
Sept. 17, 2013, 6:55 p.m.
Very much so.
Leah B.
Leah B.
Aug. 29, 2013, 3:28 p.m.
If they want to cheat, that's their decision. You won't know, anyway. Stop crying and start cheating.
Hayley A.
Hayley A.
Aug. 28, 2013, 2:35 p.m.
I totally agree
emily T.
emily T.
Aug. 14, 2013, 3:21 p.m.
I didn't realize you could cheat. It does seem that some of the acceptable words may vary between Words With Friends and Scrabble, but, I assume, if it takes it, it's good to go .
Megan M.
Megan M.
Aug. 12, 2013, 9:51 p.m.
How do you cheat on words with friends?
Stacey W.
Stacey W.
Aug. 12, 2013, 12:13 p.m.
Yes, of course! I think games are intended to be fair, so when someone cheats it essentially undermines why it was created.
Pauline C.
Pauline C.
Aug. 4, 2013, 6:46 p.m.
Yes. its annoying and make the game less fun
Cathy J.
Cathy J.
July 31, 2013, 1:18 p.m.
Yes!! I refuse to play with cheaters. If I think someone is cheating I will stop playing.
Genavieve P.
Genavieve P.
July 29, 2013, 11:05 p.m.
Yes i wish the same
Yesenia P.
Yesenia P.
July 29, 2013, 9:32 p.m.
I feel the same way
Niesha L.
Niesha L.
July 29, 2013, 6:22 p.m.
I totally agree with you
Joycelyn D.
Joycelyn D.
July 28, 2013, 8:23 p.m.
I keep playing with them and make the simplest words I can. They should feel pretty silly, cheating, when they're not really being challenged!
Courteney L.
Courteney L.
July 24, 2013, 10:28 a.m.
Probably end the game.
Sally S.
Sally S.
July 22, 2013, 8:26 p.m.
Yes I bet you theres people out there that google a word
William B.
William B.
July 22, 2013, 4:35 p.m.
I havn't really encountered this problem much, but I would agree with you because this is meant to be like scrabble just online and that means no cheating and looking up words.
Lorrie A.
Lorrie A.
July 22, 2013, 2:02 a.m.
I do. I play honestly. Unfortunately integrity isn't a part of everyone's makeup. :/
Robin J.
Robin J.
July 21, 2013, 9 p.m.
It is only a game. I like to play honestly.
Natalie H.
Natalie H.
July 20, 2013, 1:20 a.m.
Not playing them, solves your problem.
Jolynn W.
Jolynn W.
July 17, 2013, 3:50 p.m.
Yes, my Mom just the other day admitted that she cheats when she plays me but she still loses.
Heather E.
Heather E.
July 17, 2013, 1:25 p.m.
Yes. I don't see the point. It takes the fun out of it.
Kathy M.
Kathy M.
July 15, 2013, 6:07 p.m.
Yes!! I only play with people that don't use cheats
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.
July 15, 2013, 3:40 p.m.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's supposed to be about thinking through your vocabulary, not checking dictionary's and various cheat sites. It's not really a challenge then.
Caitlyn M.
Caitlyn M.
July 15, 2013, 2:20 p.m.
I completely feel the same. I understand people want to win, but come one do it honestly!
Shay S.
Shay S.
July 6, 2013, 6:46 p.m.
End the game or only play with people you know so that you can yell at them when they do cheat.
Almaris C.
Almaris C.
July 6, 2013, 3:35 p.m.
How is it possible to cheat on the game?
Candace L.
Candace L.
June 27, 2013, 1:42 a.m.
Yes and it is so obvious when they r doing it!
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
May 29, 2013, 12:35 p.m.
There is no way to stop a cheater other than choosing not to play against them! There will always be the websites out there that make it easy to cheat and there will always be those who will cheat.
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
May 22, 2013, 12:19 p.m.
I believe I have one friend that cheats! I mean when my Husband and I both have no idea what this word was using all of the letters "YTTRIAS"?? I personally just like to play for fun not to win! how fun is it to go search your words first!?
Edward G.
Edward G.
May 17, 2013, 1:15 a.m.
I think we all do
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
May 4, 2013, 7:14 p.m.
You can use other apps to help you find words with the letters that you have but you still have to fit the words in the game that your playing. You still have to be smart enough to try to put the high value letters in the bonus spots to max your score.
Myrna V.
Myrna V.
April 21, 2013, 12:06 p.m.
No. But be sure to call them on it when it happens
Mandy D.
Mandy D.
April 19, 2013, 9:35 a.m.
Yes! I don't play this game with certain people anymore, because it's obvious that they are using a Scrabble word builder. I'm not a sore loser by any means, it's just frustrating.
Jasmine-Rae B.
Jasmine-Rae B.
April 18, 2013, 7:04 p.m.
I have never encountered a cheater! But I can see how frustrating that would get!
Anjali N.
Anjali N.
March 28, 2013, 1:31 p.m.
I agree! One time, a friend from high school invited me to a game and he and I talk a lot so I know his general vocabulary... so when we played, I was a little surprised that he played words I had no idea existed. So when I asked him what the words meant, he gave me the dictionary answer verbatim. That's when I knew he was cheating. Anyway, bottom line, those that cheat, I just don't play against. I usually resign immediately. Why should I put forth effort when they don't?
Shawna B.
Shawna B.
March 10, 2013, 2:22 p.m.
I agree. it is very annoying to play with someone who you KNOW is cheating.
Marci W.
Marci W.
March 6, 2013, 4:53 p.m.
I totally agree. Its not fun to play with people who use the cheat apps. I think its more fun and challenging to use your own brains. Seems like more and more people rely on other resources to think for them.
Kristen F.
Kristen F.
Feb. 13, 2013, 3:47 p.m.
I agree hate it hate it when people cheat
Amy H.
Amy H.
Feb. 12, 2013, 5:11 p.m.
Totally wish there was a way
Angelica C.
Angelica C.
Feb. 1, 2013, 10:23 a.m.
They will always find away to cheat. just look at this way they cant beat you without cheating.
Dec. 27, 2012, 5:08 p.m.
Eh I don't think it should matter.
Dec. 27, 2012, 5:08 p.m.
Eh I don't think it should matter.
Dec. 24, 2012, 9:12 a.m.
I don't know but it would be nice if you could get extra help as a bonus when the other person is cheating.
Dec. 24, 2012, 9:12 a.m.
Vanesa M.
Vanesa M.
Dec. 23, 2012, 2:30 p.m.
Yes but there's not much you can do.
Kerri G.
Kerri G.
Dec. 12, 2012, 7:56 p.m.
Yes! People always use Scrabble tools online. It is so frustrating! Just play the game!
Audrey R.
Audrey R.
Dec. 10, 2012, 11:34 a.m.
Yes! It's very frustrating when you're trying to play the game honestly and an opponent wins easily by cheating, there is no fun in the game when you do that!
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Dec. 9, 2012, 8:36 p.m.
I stopped playing after a while but I have never played with anybody who has cheated. Atleast I think!
Dasha N.
Dasha N.
Dec. 6, 2012, 5:05 a.m.
I agree! I remember when this game used too be fun and everyone would play fair, but now it seems like everyone enjoys cheating... :(
Cassie R.
Cassie R.
Nov. 27, 2012, 4:24 p.m.
Yeah it sucks that people are able to cheat, i do have to say i used the cheat a few times and that was only when i couldn't think of a word. and only when i played my mom or my little sister. and my mom is a school teacher so she knows a lot of good words so i had to look good for her.
Cordia K.
Cordia K.
Nov. 26, 2012, 7:40 a.m.
I just play with my friends. That way if they cheat, I can punch them in real life. :)
Nov. 25, 2012, 3:27 p.m.
100% Agree, Especially On Word Feud
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
Nov. 24, 2012, 5:53 a.m.
Wow, I didn't know you can cheat... that's no fun!
Kathryn K.
Kathryn K.
Nov. 23, 2012, 9:59 a.m.
There is an app that allows people to cheat at this. It sucks, but the person who cheats is only hurting themselves in the long run... You can't stop some people from cheating, there are always going to be people like that in life.
Deborah Ann N.
Deborah Ann N.
Nov. 23, 2012, 7:25 a.m.
If the cheating bothers you, don't play with the person again.
Mackenzie L.
Nov. 14, 2012, 11:26 a.m.
Yes. I hate when people cheat as well.
Mackenzie L.
Nov. 14, 2012, 11:26 a.m.
Yes. I hate when people cheat as well.
Alexis S.
Alexis S.
Nov. 13, 2012, 1:16 p.m.
Ive actually never seen anyone cheat, mabye thats just becuse they take forever to reply
Burgandi C.
Burgandi C.
Nov. 13, 2012, 10:22 a.m.
Yes I agree! If they are honest and fair they won't do it! Fact of life :)
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
Nov. 13, 2012, 5:32 a.m.
Yes but I don't know how you could possibly prevent that.
Beth G.
Beth G.
Nov. 13, 2012, 2:25 a.m.
I agree
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Nov. 12, 2012, 10:15 p.m.
Cheating apps are so stupid
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
Nov. 12, 2012, 7:30 p.m.
Makes me angry when people cheat.
Carlie E.
Carlie E.
Nov. 12, 2012, 2:48 p.m.
No, you cannot. Especially in the random games. I used to play a lot of random games, but now I only play with friends and family because they won't cheat.
Gloria K.
Gloria K.
Nov. 11, 2012, 11:54 a.m.
How do you know they're cheating? They may just be really good at WWF.
Raine V.
Raine V.
Nov. 9, 2012, 3:43 a.m.
Yes, cheating on your friend is really lame. I don't play with people who cheat.
Mia F.
Mia F.
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:43 a.m.
Yeah, it ruins the feeling of the game. :/
Mickensie B.
Mickensie B.
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:06 a.m.
I don't see how people really cheat when given certain letters.
Sara W.
Sara W.
Nov. 8, 2012, 9:37 a.m.
Sometimes it gets aggravating but its also luck of the draw, to see what letters you get. As long as you're having fun who cares who wins!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Nov. 6, 2012, 7:13 p.m.
Well, there's no way to stop someone from cheating since there's an infinite amount of time allotted for each turn. They could use another device to "cheat." I wouldn't actually really mind if someone cheats because it's more about your score than the opponent's score...
Erica C.
Erica C.
Nov. 4, 2012, 2:24 p.m.
I definitely hate when people cheat. >.<
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
Nov. 2, 2012, 7:40 p.m.
I feel that way too. I can't stand when someone cheats. I'm not jealous of their big words and high scores because they are CHEATING!
Maryanne M.
Maryanne M.
Nov. 1, 2012, 9:57 p.m.
There are apps and websites out there that help people cheat. How do you know when someone's cheating? I guess you can never know for sure, but it becomes awful suspicious when people consistently play 50+ point words, and use a lot of words that the average person would have no idea were actually words. I guess there are dedicated people out there who can memorize the dictionary or at least maybe all the words played against them, but come on. Sometimes you just know when someone's cheating. To finally answer the question, no, there is no way to stop anyone from cheating because it occurs outside of the actual game play.
Pamala S.
Pamala S.
Nov. 1, 2012, 7:37 p.m.
I agree.It's too bad people have to cheat and not have a honest game. What's the challenge in a game if your cheating..senseless
Amy M.
Amy M.
Nov. 1, 2012, 7:10 p.m.
Yes, because it's more fun to make up words and then try to play them and sometimes I learn new words that way.
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
Oct. 29, 2012, 7:58 p.m.
I totally agree. This is one of the reasons I don't play anymore.
Miranda B.
Miranda B.
Oct. 29, 2012, 3:40 p.m.
Yes! but if they cheat they really don't win
Alejandra F.
Alejandra F.
Oct. 28, 2012, 5:56 a.m.
I do! Its annoying when people type in words that I know they've never even heard before.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Oct. 26, 2012, 6:24 p.m.
I didn't know you could cheat on this computer game. yes i hate it when people cheat playing any games...
Laura G.
Laura G.
Oct. 26, 2012, 3:05 a.m.
Yea i hate it when people cheat on games cant they just play fair
Lindsay J.
Lindsay J.
Oct. 24, 2012, 7:14 p.m.
If i think they cheat then i don't play with them
Isabella W.
Isabella W.
Oct. 23, 2012, 1:06 p.m.
I know I stopped playing because my friend cheated
Teyanna P.
Teyanna P.
Oct. 23, 2012, 11:28 a.m.
YES!!! My friends i play with cheat all the time...they would go days without playing me back then all of a sudden they play like a 150 point word outta no where which i know they had help with...smh but i doubt there is a way to fix it. Just have to outsmart them.
Traci G.
Traci G.
Oct. 22, 2012, 8:15 p.m.
I have never encountered someone cheating..
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Oct. 22, 2012, 12:54 p.m.
Thats why I stopped playing! It takes the fun out of the game!
Danielle B.
Danielle B.
Oct. 22, 2012, 9:17 a.m.
I definitely feel this way. I see some crazy words and know they must have used the cheats online to use all letters each and every time. Makes the game not as fun.
Shannon W.
Shannon W.
Oct. 19, 2012, 3:08 p.m.
It's incredibly annoying, but can also be pretty obvious -- if someone's coming up with words like "there" and "soak" game after game after game and then suddenly plays "dyspnoea," that's some fairly obvious cheating. When I encounter it, I call them out. They usually stop cheating, or we stop playing.
Yocelin R.
Yocelin R.
Oct. 19, 2012, 2:26 p.m.
It is annoying, thats why I stopped playing.
Silvana G.
Silvana G.
Oct. 19, 2012, 9:14 a.m.
Yes its annoying, but if someone tries to cheat, I just quit and play with someone else!
Christina T.
Christina T.
Oct. 19, 2012, 7:46 a.m.
The key is to only play with people you trust!
Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.
Oct. 18, 2012, 1:10 p.m.
I didn't know they cheated. Crazy...
Tiffany M.
Tiffany M.
Oct. 18, 2012, 11:16 a.m.
Yes people do cheat, but there are cheaters everywhere in life and you can't really stop them.
Latoya F.
Latoya F.
Oct. 18, 2012, 5:32 a.m.
Yes! Once I found out that people could cheat, it ruined the game for me and I stopped playing :(
Jolene S.
Jolene S.
Oct. 17, 2012, 2:30 p.m.
I didn't even realize people cheated. Well that just takes all the fun out of the game then. And no wonder I can't ever win. lol
Jade M.
Jade M.
Oct. 15, 2012, 5:22 p.m.
Yeah cheating is no fun.
April C.
April C.
Oct. 14, 2012, 12:42 p.m.
Unfortunately, if there is a will, there is a way. When the objective turns into seeing who uses the dictionary best makes it not so fun anymore.
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Oct. 14, 2012, 11:13 a.m.
I agree, but I don't think there's any way to stop them.
Oct. 14, 2012, 8:58 a.m.
Yes, I don't like when people cheat. I just really think that it isn't necessary but there is no way of stopping them.
Juaquin L.
Juaquin L.
Oct. 13, 2012, 11:33 p.m.
There is no way to stop them. But they are dumb for cheating because they will never learn anything from the game.
Brittanie V.
Brittanie V.
Oct. 13, 2012, 12:07 a.m.
I definitely think it takes the whole fun out of the game when people cheat.
Katrina A.
Katrina A.
Oct. 12, 2012, 7:50 p.m.
Yeah its really annoying
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Oct. 12, 2012, 11:05 a.m.
How do you cheat at words with friends
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
Oct. 12, 2012, 9:21 a.m.
As long as there are websites out there that enable cheating, there is not going to be a way to keep people form doing it. You can either, find friends to play that are honest or you can look at their cheating as a challenge to make yourself a better player. I know for a fact that at least on of the people I play with cheats (My mother)... and still I beat her every time.
Cierra C.
Cierra C.
Oct. 12, 2012, 3:02 a.m.
I didn't know there was a way to cheat lmao omg sharee!
Kimberly L.
Kimberly L.
Oct. 11, 2012, 12:28 p.m.
I wish! I just started games with a bunch of people and those who play words that I would think they would know are ones that I continue to play with... So I have a good 4 people that I actually play with regularly.
Holly C.
Holly C.
Oct. 11, 2012, 5:47 a.m.
I hate that. That is mainly why I quit playing this game.
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
Oct. 10, 2012, 8:49 p.m.
I wish there was a way, but I don't think there is.
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
Oct. 10, 2012, 3:26 p.m.
Probably not a way to stop them from cheating on this game
Kate T.
Kate T.
Oct. 10, 2012, 5:15 a.m.
It's so frustrating! I play against my friend's GF, and she cheats ALL the time. She's smart, but some of the words she comes up with are definitely not anything she'd know. It happens way too much. Totally sucks the fun out of the game!
Travis H.
Travis H.
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:36 p.m.
Yeah, it can definitely be frustrating when your friend plays a word that you know they didn't come up with on their own. Sadly there isn't really much that can be done about it with technology being what it is.
Kathy C.
Kathy C.
Oct. 9, 2012, 3:36 p.m.
Yes. I stopped playing this game because the cheating was making it not fun anymore.
Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.
Oct. 8, 2012, 4:50 p.m.
I haven't encounter anyone who has cheated
Roy P.
Roy P.
Oct. 8, 2012, 12:53 p.m.
No I don't!
Rebecca V.
Rebecca V.
Oct. 8, 2012, 9:56 a.m.
People are going to cheat. Some people are in it for the win instead of having fun playing. I'd say end the game if you're certain they're cheating, otherwise just have fun.. even if you know they're going to win. :)
Delia D.
Delia D.
Oct. 8, 2012, 8:51 a.m.
I hate it too ..makes you want to cheat too lol
Oct. 8, 2012, 7:26 a.m.
Play in the car with players sitting with you. It'll make it more difficult for them to cheat.
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Oct. 7, 2012, 9:28 p.m.
Cheating is a problem, but there isn't much you can do about it. if you feel like someone is playing unfairly against you, end the game and try to find someone else who will play fairly. Some might just be very good at the game and have a large vocabulary.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Oct. 7, 2012, 7:57 a.m.
No matter what you play someone will find a way to cheat. it is part of life.
Oct. 6, 2012, 7:29 a.m.
There is always going to be someone who cheats. It's rather sad
Andras G.
Andras G.
Oct. 5, 2012, 10:01 p.m.
Cheating takes all the fun out of the game.
Tera H.
Tera H.
Oct. 5, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
If I find someone is cheating, I just quit the game with them.
Karen M.
Karen M.
Oct. 5, 2012, 8:27 p.m.
I'm an honest player
Margaret W.
Margaret W.
Oct. 5, 2012, 5:25 p.m.
I have always wondered where people get the words they use.
Meghan H.
Meghan H.
Oct. 5, 2012, 4:28 p.m.
Weird. I've never had problems with cheating.
Oct. 5, 2012, 8:15 a.m.
Me too! but if it's obvious that a stranger is cheating I ask friends for help or look up words to use!!
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Oct. 5, 2012, 7:48 a.m.
I didn't know you could cheat either.
Victoria H.
Victoria H.
Oct. 5, 2012, 6:54 a.m.
I didn't know you could cheat....
Mallory H.
Mallory H.
Oct. 4, 2012, 6:05 p.m.
Yeah but if i can tell they are cheating i usually do it back so its not an easy win for them (ex: my brother! haha)
Angela M.
Angela M.
Oct. 4, 2012, 4:48 p.m.
I had no idea you could cheat. I hope they do something to stop people from cheating.
Bonnie R.
Bonnie R.
Oct. 4, 2012, 1:35 p.m.
Yes, I don't think its fair when one person uses the internet to find words that score the highest points and the other person doesn't.
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
Oct. 4, 2012, 12:19 p.m.
Whoa! I didn't know you could cheat. This makes me question everyone now.
Melinda S.
Melinda S.
Oct. 4, 2012, 7:17 a.m.
How do you know whem someone is cheating?
Alicia L.
Alicia L.
Oct. 4, 2012, 6:56 a.m.
I haven't actually encountered a cheater, and besides how do you even know they are cheating? They may just be very good at the game.
Zulie D.
Zulie D.
Oct. 3, 2012, 4:10 p.m.
Yes I hate when my friends cheat
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Oct. 3, 2012, 4 p.m.
Yeah but in this day in age its almost impossible :(
Cassandra G.
Cassandra G.
Oct. 3, 2012, 1:15 p.m.
I honestly haven't encountered cheating. I suppose if you come across a player you think is cheating, you could end the game and start another in hopes the next player won't cheat!

Join Now