Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon  uploaded by Cody N.

BY WOODFORD RESERVE

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Bourbon is matured in two separate white oak barrels. The second barrel is deeply toasted before a light charring which extracts additional amounts of soft sweek oak character. Its color is deep amber and it is a full-bodied mix of dark caramel, vanilla, hazelnut, apple, fruit and spices. The finish is long and creamy with lingering hints of honeyed apple. see more...

Cody N.
Mashbill: 72% Corn, 18% Rye, 10% Malted Barley
Distillery: Woodford Reserve Distillery, Versailles, KY
Price: $45 - $55
Color: Medium-Dark Copper
Nose: Light vanilla, oak, sweet, toasty
Palate: Sweet and creamy, oak, caramel, vanilla, hints of black cherry, hint of leather
Finish: Medium long, not much heat, leather, persistent toasted oak, dark chocolate, the smallest hint of vanilla cake
Personal Rating: 8.75/10
Notes: I absolutely love Woodford. Double Oaked builds off the the Distiller’s Select profile and adds a little more complexity and richness. I love how creamy Double Oaked is. The oak flavor is definitely in the forefront, but not overbearing, it doesn’t drown out the more subtle flavors it has to offer. The interesting flavor on the exhale end of the finish was a very pleasant surprise, almost like a vanilla cupcake. While adding a drop of water may open the flavors up some, I would recommend drinking it neat initially, for the mouth-feel alone. If you’ve been on the fence about grabbing a bottle, do yourself a favor and go for it!
Brittany W.
Georgetown , KY
This is my husband’s number 1 choice when it comes to bourbon! It’s very smooth, even enough so to be consumed with just ice and not mixed into a cocktail. I prefer to add something to it because it is still strong to me. Would recommend to others
Anne-Claire G.
Versailles , KY
You can feel it going down, but it’s a rather enjoyable taste. Very outdoorsy, but not green tasting. If I’m drinking bourbon the rocks or without a mixer, this is the one I reach for.
Marcia C.
Tried it at a bar and loved it so much I had to go buy a bottle. This is now one of my go-to bourbons. It makes a killer old fashioned, but I've enjoyed it neat or with a little ice as well. It's middle of the road in terms of price.
Amber G.
I love Woodford, hands down. This particular one is a little too much for me. I am a light weight. I like it, but it isn't my favorite of the Woodford line.
amy c.
Louisa, KY
If you can afford a little extra the double Oakes woodford is the way to go ! Smooth and quite possibly the very best out there!!!!!
Jennifer N.
Sunset Beach, NC
This is my husbands favorite bourbon. He loves all Woodford Reserve bourbon but treats himself to double oak every once in awhile.
Jennifer J.
Columbia
This is quality bourbon! It has a strong yet smooth finish, it has a great Oaked flavor and pairs well with dark soft drinks.
Amber H.
Fort Wayne, IN
The smoothest bourbon whiskey I've ever had. I love this with a nice cold coke. The only whiskey I'll spend money on.
Emily N.
Florence, KY
This is far and away their best product. Much more smooth than their standard bourbon, which is still delicious.