Add a Photo

By LADY GAGA
#914 in Fragrance for Her
The first ever black eau de parfum compounded by lady gaga. It's black like the soul of fame, but invisible once airborne.
Photos (2)
Heidi E.
Heidi E.
Clearfield, UT

I bought this for a very good price without smelling it first. I was not disappointed, but rather surprised by how different it smelled than most fragrances. It is not smell sweet and fruity, it smelled more like a cologne or foreign perfume with a hint of some fruity smell.
Desiree R.
Desiree R.
Bakersfield, CA

My husband bought me this perfume for Christmas, at first it was a bit strong and gave me a headache. After I got used to it, I loved it! The scent lasted and I was always complemented on it.
Selena V.
Selena V.
Woodlake, CA

This has got to be one of my favorite perfumes yet. Its my go to spray. I love the smell and this one of those that doesn't have a lot of alcohol . I Love It!
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Spring Hill, FL

I received this perfume as a gift from a girlfriend of mine. I must say that I absolutely love the scent. It lasts all day and compliments me very nicely. It is very strong so you don't need too much to smell good. The only downfall I had was that it stained my white shirt since the liquid inside the bottle really is black. I would definitely recommend this perfume I love it!!
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
Edmonton, Alberta

I really love this perfume. Its not that expensive and it smells beautiful to me. Fruity, vanilla, dark musky, grapes. Its strange, I can't put my finger on it but I have to keep buying it. Its gorgeous and the bottle is really funky. The perfume is black but does not stain clothes.
Tina C.
Tina C.

Love lady gaga and her perfume. Not sure how to describe it but it fits her perfectly. I Love the bottle the fragrance had good staying power would recommend it to anyone . I did not find it a sweet scent at all. I think the price is reasonable
Natasha C.
Natasha C.
Reading

I absolutely Love this perfume, it's so unique and smells lovely. The scent is not too overwhelming and sticks around all day. Would recommend to everyone, great price. One of my favorite perfumes!!!
Eldar O.
Eldar O.
Sarajevo

I am biggest lady gaga fan ever ! When this perfume came out I bought it.It smells really amazing.I got it for my mom and she loved it
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Cheshire, England

First things first; I don't get why this is being described as a fruity/floral on most sites - FAME is definitely something that I would describe as a floriental fragrance. On me there is only the tiniest hint of apricot, but it so short lived that it doesn't really make an lasting impression on me. I think some people may be confusing the rich honey accord as apricot, grape or similar.

The belladonna and other florals develop almost as quickly as the honey on me, which evens out the sweet honey with the dark floral notes. FAME was a tricky perfume to review, as the floral center to it seems a bit different every time I wear it and try to jot a few thoughts on it down; sometimes it seems powdered, and sometimes everything seems spicier, thanks to the orchid. The listed belladonna, jasmine and orchid are the most developed floral notes but, overall, the floral heart to FAME is similar to Illamasqua Freak.

After about an hour or so a lingering sense of liquorice starts to carry through the floral notes, so maybe there's some anise in the mix too? Around this time the florals gradually deepen and become peppery, thanks to the saffron. As the floral notes gradually settle into the background a note of patchouli begins to develop, giving the fragrance a 'dirty' feel and enhancing the spicy notes. I'm not sure which individual spice notes are used in the incense accord, but FAME slowly becomes darker, and as the lingering honey fades, slightly smoky - some wood accords in here too?

Official scent notes: Belladonna, incense, honey drops, saffron, apricot, jasmine, tiger orchid.

Many people seem to be disappointed by how 'normal' FAME is, but you have to remember that it is one of Coty's celebrity ranges; it is in a lower price bracket and has to appeal to as many people, on a international scale, as possible. Baring these limitations in mind, I'm very happy with my bottle of FAME; it is a bit different from the usual celeb fragrance releases, but it is still easy to wear, with mass appeal.

Whilst FAME does go close to the skin after a couple of hours, I still catch lingering wisps throughout the day. When I wore it to bed, it was still detectable on my skin the next day. No: FAME doesn't stain skin or clothes. I've even sprayed it directly onto a white t shirt and the liquid does indeed spray clear, despite being black in the bottle.
Natasha M.
Natasha M.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

My mother bought this for me as an early Christmas present a few years ago, and I absolutely fell in love! At the time it came with a rollerball fragrance, a pair of sunglasses, and a Lady Gaga poster.
The first sniff of this scent and I fell in love! I've bought another 2 bottles since, and I carry it around all the time. Definitely a staple for a girl who loves to smell devine!

Join Now